Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

New channel frquencies

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
RingtailedFox

New channel frquencies

Post by RingtailedFox » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:52 am

Since we're in the middle of the re-pack, let me update the forums on what channels are changing in the Windsor-Detroit area:

CICO-DT-32 (TVOntario) just moved from UHF 32 to UHF 19 today... still not up yet (unless they've dropped power and are gradually increasing it again to ease their new transmitter in).

WMYD-TV 20 (TV20 Detroit) just moved from UHF 21 to UHF 31 a couple weeks back and is up and running as usual.

WLPC-CD (that religious station on channel 4) moved to UHF 28 a while back, as mentioned in another thread on here.

CKCO-TV-3 (CTV Kitchener's sarnia repeater): we're losing this one, and we now have a best-before date: May 2, 2020. I guess Bell Media figured it would be cheaper to shut this one down instead of converting it to digital operations... though I thought it was kinda nice to have one final analog signal in the area....

Should I add more to this post as stations move to new frequencies, or just make new threads?

~ The Legendary Raccoon-Fox has spoken!

F-Squared

Re: New channel frquencies

Post by F-Squared » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:23 am

Yes please update this post once you have more info. I did not know that about CKCO-3 so thanks for bringing that up. Also is CICO going to have more power when it's back? My antenna always struggles picking it up.

szmigiel

Post by szmigiel » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:53 am

18 WDWO 18 -> 22 Another religious station is suppose to move but I always have this channel on hidden so I have no idea if they moved or not yet.
29 CIII Global 29 -> 35 CIII Global moved but you have to be near Lake Saint Clair to pick it up, I pick it every now and then but can never kept it for more then a day or two, although 19 WUDL is moving to 35 sometime as well.
50 WKBD 14 -> 34 The CW should move sometime Friday, But by Saturday morning should be active on new frequencies and new antenna array.

33 W33BY-D 33 -> 15 Has moved to repack Phase 4

I use to be able to pick up 32 TVO, but now that it is on 19 I will probably not be able to see them till 19 WUDL moves to 35.

I am going to wait till Saturday morning to do my full rescan.

tvbobn

Post by tvbobn » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:41 am

WDWO is going from 18 to 22

WEYI in Saginaw in Phase 3 is going from 30 to 18, so WDWO should move off 18 by Friday, but can't move to soon as WNEM Bay City Phase 3 is going from 22 to 30. 22 won't be open for them until that change is made by WNEM.

All 3 stations need to work together to avoid problems. Friday is the last day to make the changes.

Frontier Airlines SUCKS! They're a bunch of thieves. Don't fly with them!

RingtailedFox

Post by RingtailedFox » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:36 am

Wonderful information, my friends! I forgot that WDWO was dependent on both WEYI and WNEM in Flint for coordination purposes... and I thought WKBD was moving in october, for some reason... good to know it's moving soon.

Oh, for those of you in Chatham and tilbury:
CICO-DT-59 is moving from UHF 33 to UHF 22 at some point in July (dates to be confirmed, due to coordination with CIII-DT-22 in Leamington). I guess instead of being moved to UHF 28, they're getting moved to UHF 22 now, according to their website:

https://www.tvo.org/about/tvos-over-the ... nd-chatham

The comparison of the two TVO transmitters in Windsor and region pre- and post-repack:

CICO-DT-32 (32.1) in McGregor:
OLD: 19 kW at 703 feet on UHF 32
NEW: 14.2 kW at 701 feet on UHF 19

CICO-DT-59 (33.1) in Chatham:
OLD: 2.5 kW at 717 feet on UHF 33
NEW: 2.25 kW at 708 feet on UHF 28 (or 22 now.... i don't know. maybe that was a typo on tvo.org? or maybe rabbitears.info has a mistake?)
Last edited by RingtailedFox on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

~ The Legendary Raccoon-Fox has spoken!

YpsiGuy

Post by YpsiGuy » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:45 am

I was looking at rabbitears the other night. I think the CW affiliate up there in F-S-BC area is switching to a 600kW transmitter when they do their phase 3 switchover from RF 46 to RF23. If so, they will be quite a powerful signal up there.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:00 pm

Now that channel 14 is clear, look for the former WLNS blowtorch to be re-lit.
980Kw on 14 back at the old transmitter site.
October-ish.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

tvbobn

Post by tvbobn » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:01 pm

YpsiGuy wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:45 am
I was looking at rabbitears the other night. I think the CW affiliate up there in F-S-BC area is switching to a 600kW transmitter when they do their phase 3 switchover from RF 46 to RF23. If so, they will be quite a powerful signal up there.
You mention that they're going from 70kW ERP to 600kW ERP, but you didn't mention they're tower move. WBSF will now be on the WEYI tower south of Frankenmuth instead of the site across the street from WNEM. Much farther south. WBSF is a Bay City station, so they needed a lot more power to get city grade coverage over their community of license.

YpsiGuy

Post by YpsiGuy » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:20 pm

tvbobn wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:01 pm
YpsiGuy wrote:

You mention that they're going from 70kW ERP to 600kW ERP, but you didn't mention they're tower move. WBSF will now be on the WEYI tower south of Frankenmuth instead of the site across the street from WNEM. Much farther south. WBSF is a Bay City station, so they needed a lot more power to get city grade coverage over their community of license.
Thx for extra info. If I was reading rabbitears right, WNEM may be extending their switch from RF22 to RF30 till October. Anyone know if that is the case? If true that brings WNEM and WDWO a bit close.

tvbobn

Post by tvbobn » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:40 pm

YpsiGuy wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:20 pm
tvbobn wrote:
YpsiGuy wrote:

Thx for extra info. If I was reading rabbitears right, WNEM may be extending their switch from RF22 to RF30 till October. Anyone know if that is the case? If true that brings WNEM and WDWO a bit close.
They're planning on changing Friday. They've been running that info on their newscasts and website.

YpsiGuy

Post by YpsiGuy » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:07 pm

tvbobn wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:40 pm
YpsiGuy wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:20 pm
tvbobn wrote:
YpsiGuy wrote:

They're planning on changing Friday. They've been running that info on their newscasts and website.
Thx! That means I will need to rescan my dad's TV.

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:02 pm

(accidentally duplicated)
Last edited by innate-in-you on Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:03 pm

WNEM easily meets principal community coverage with a site near Frankenmuth. The digital principal city contour is far greater than the analog contour was.

This is why WPXD, still licensed to Ann Arbor, can transmit from Southfield.

tvbobn

Post by tvbobn » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:09 pm

innate-in-you wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:03 pm
WNEM easily meets principal community coverage with a site near Frankenmuth. The digital principal city contour is far greater than the analog contour was.

This is why WPXD, still licensed to Ann Arbor, can transmit from Southfield.
Not WNEM, they're a Bay City station with tower site NE of Saginaw. No problem with city grade.

It's WBSF that is currently across the street from WNEM that is moving to WEYI's tower site just inside Genesee county. They needed more ERP and a directional antenna to get back to Bay City with city grade.

cs15

Post by cs15 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:50 am

That's good to know about WBSF moving towers. I have a hard time getting it in Grand Blanc. So it looks as if I'll have Charge! by tomorrow.
Looking at the coverage maps on rabbitears, WEYI & WBSF are going to have pretty much the same coverage. I wonder if eventually WBSF will get rid of CW & NBC.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic