Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Could a Breeze Format make it in Toledo?

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
WOHO

Re: Could a Breeze Format make it in Toledo?

Post by WOHO » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:56 am

Hi Gary: Audio quality apparently varies by the content that you're given from your source-'the pipe'.
At 7:29am today, the song had really thin bass, but then next song: "Just my Imagination" by the Temptations came on and the bass line was just perfect, but a couple of songs later Tina Tuner's "What's Love got to do with It" the bassline was kicked way back, not even moving a woofer, as well as on Phil Collins "True Colors", so I'm guessing the bass may have been neutered already from your feed before it even goes into your processing/HD encoding?
Seems like most of the digital audio 'energy' is focused on your vocals, which I suppose makes sense if someone is using this as a 'music at work station' on low volume you still have the vocals coming through quite strong. Did hear a bit of clipping on the Temptations, but that's just me being picky. The higher percussion is at a very nice level, and that's where I noticed some very good stereo imaging. "Love Lift us up Where we Belong" - the vocals seemed a bit "too much", but then again, Joe Cocker's voice is not an instrument. "Tiny Dancer" sounded pretty good. The 'shrillness' seems to be reduced, the vocals have just a bit more punch than everything else, not quite my style, but that's probably as good as it's going to get with your bitrate limitations, and it's not going to sound like 1978 analog audio no matter what you do to it.
You can tell when songs were recorded - like the Temps song has something called 'dynamic range' - which us boomers love; that being said, the song by Pink about 8am (which I really don't care for) already has such a straight line for audio dynamic range being a more recent song recorded at +100%, -100%, it's just top to bottom 'full' - blah.
I only got an HD drop-out at the Perrysburg Township line on ST RT25 and again at 582 (Haskins, blame WRQN), but solid copy the whole trip.
Thanks for asking and tweaking.
Now if you can just drop this audio onto 103.7FM and grab a whole new audience, stealing listeners from 93.5 and other Brady Boomers?

Gary Fullhart

Post by Gary Fullhart » Tue May 28, 2019 1:41 pm

WOHO - Give it another listen. It has an actual multi-band broadcast processor now.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:18 am

HD temporarily down

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic