Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why bother with a broadcast anymore?

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
lovinlife101

Why bother with a broadcast anymore?

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:07 pm

Talking head: “Coming up tonight at six...fighting back tears...Juan Howard gets emotional accepting the top basketball job in Ann Arbor.”

Viewers: “We know. We saw it all over social media hours ago!”

Talking head: “Oh...well...a blind autistic young man wows the socks off the America’s Got Talent panel! We’ll tell you what the judges gave him, coming up.”

Viewers: “THE GOLDEN BUZZER! WE KNOW! THAT WAS YESTERDAY!”

Talking head: “Oh, that’s right. Well, we’ll have your first warn forecast...”

Viewers: “‘First warn’ is a consultant term, aimed at getting us viewers more nervous than we need to be. If there’s no warning, don’t say it. You were wrong about yesterday’s weather, what makes you think we’ll trust you today?”

lovinlife101

Re: Why bother with a broadcast anymore?

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:31 am

organman95 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:27 am
Great, crossing forums now...

Most of the time you get the immediate action that happened from social media, but no information about it. That's where the news broadcasting comes in. I could say the exact same for looking out a window and seeing there is a fire at the local bar.

Headline: "Fire hits <name> bar"
Yes, I know, I saw it. But can you tell me what happened exactly? How did it start? Was anyone hurt? etc.

There is still relevance to broadcasting.
The things I mentioned had all of the details on social media hours, if not days, before a broadcast caught up.

lovinlife101

Re: Why bother with a broadcast anymore?

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:14 am

Big Signal wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:47 pm
Talking head: “Coming up tonight at six...fighting back tears...Juan Howard gets emotional accepting the top basketball job in Ann Arbor.”

Viewers: “We know. We saw it all over social media hours ago!”

Talking head: “Oh...well...a blind autistic young man wows the socks off the America’s Got Talent panel! We’ll tell you what the judges gave him, coming up.”

Viewers: “THE GOLDEN BUZZER! WE KNOW! THAT WAS YESTERDAY!”

Talking head: “Oh, that’s right. Well, we’ll have your first warn forecast...”

Viewers: “‘First warn’ is a consultant term, aimed at getting us viewers more nervous than we need to be. If there’s no warning, don’t say it. You were wrong about yesterday’s weather, what makes you think we’ll trust you today?”
Exactly why I haven't watched local NEWS in many years. Plus who cares about Hollywood or shows like America's Got Talent. It has nothing to do with local NEWS at all.
Smart viewers moved on years ago. Others still think there’s value in hearing what you’ve already heard hours, if not days, ago. But they’re still giving out awards for this nonsense, so it continues.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic