Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I’m Really Concerned about the Divide in America

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
lovinlife101

Re: I’m Really Concerned about the Divide in America

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:11 pm

Disagreement, dissent, and division made this country. I’m encouraged when I see all of them!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:34 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:23 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:11 pm
Disagreement, dissent, and division made this country. I’m encouraged when I see all of them!
If the latter half of this doesn't constitute trolling and warrant movement into the DBR, then I don't know what does.
Wow, you’re so offended by history.

If some folks in the late 1700’s didn’t disagree, dissent, and divide from England, there wouldn’t be a United States of America. I celebrate that.

If the morally upright didn’t disagree, dissent, and divide from those who enslaved others, there wouldn’t be civil rights here for African Americans. I celebrate that.

Preach “unity” all you want. I’d rather have freedom.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:07 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:50 pm
In some ways, I agree with our police hating friend. The dissent and division of 1776 and 1860 did help create our country. And both devolved into shooting wars... Will that be necessary today?

But don’t put words in my mouth please sir. I’m not preaching unity - I’m preaching open mindedness and the attempt to discuss problems and disagreements to develop unique solutions to our country’s problems.

Take your signature problem - (and I believe here is where we will probably disagree). You seem to believe that elimination of police entirely is the only solution to the problem of police corruption. Others will violently fight that option. What’s the third solution that can benefit all?
Please do not call me “sir.” That’s not my gender. I have never assumed your gender, nor have I called you one that you intentionally told me not to. Please respect my wishes. As always, I respect your free speech, so you are free to continue to call me whatever you want. I will never try to silence you, nor will I encourage others to do so. I have too much respect for others than to do that.

Please show me where I ever called for the elimination of police, ever said that I hated anyone, or called for any kind of violence. Just one.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:28 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
In some ways, I agree with our police hating friend. The dissent and division of 1776 and 1860 did help create our country. And both devolved into shooting wars... Will that be necessary today?

But don’t put words in my mouth please sir. I’m not preaching unity - I’m preaching open mindedness and the attempt to discuss problems and disagreements to develop unique solutions to our country’s problems.

Take your signature problem - (and I believe here is where we will probably disagree). You seem to believe that elimination of police entirely is the only solution to the problem of police corruption. Others will violently fight that option. What’s the third solution that can benefit all?
Still waiting on a shred of evidence for any of your claims of me.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:34 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:28 pm
[quote="Radio Sucks" post_id=572476 time=<a href="tel:1557510642">1557510642</a> user_id=12047]

[/quote]
bmw wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:11 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
This is laughable coming from someone who makes broad generalizations about millions of people based on the actions of a few. Where is YOUR evidence that each and every police officer is a Constitution-hating pig?
It’s “laughable” to ask for facts and evidence in untrue and unjustified accusations against me? No facts are being presented to the contrary. And they won’t, because they don’t exist.

How would you feel if people levied untrue accusations against you, then instead of supporting their position with actual evidence, they produce another untrue accusation?

Still waiting, by the way. Not required. I will never try to silence anyone nor force them to do something they don’t want to do. It’s your right.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:17 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:35 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Radio Sucks wrote:

If you are offended by the “sir” I sincerely apologize. My gender assumption was inappropriate.

I don’t claim anything. I state my analysis of reading your past posts. In rereading them I still see an opinion that all cops are bad and we should get rid of them. Have I misinterpreted your intentions?
I’m not offended. It’s just incorrect. But thanks for the apology. Most people here continue to use the incorrect gender or use a Native American stereotype to refer to me. Disgusting.

I do not believe all cops are bad. I do not believe in getting rid of all of them, although fewer on the force is a good idea. More police does not mean less crime. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/inv ... 818056002/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic