Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer ultimatum: No budget signature without 'real' road funding

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**

Matt

Re: Whitmer ultimatum: No budget signature without 'real' road funding

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:47 pm

Whitmer had a very low standard to not be worse than Granholm. She's not even able to pass that VERY low bar. As someone who campaigned as someone as experienced and politically skilled as John Engler, she's shown nothing.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:43 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:47 pm
Whitmer had a very low standard to not be worse than Granholm. She's not even able to pass that VERY low bar. As someone who campaigned as someone as experienced and politically skilled as John Engler, she's shown nothing.
Engler didn’t exactly leave everything perfectly hunky Dory... I would find somebody else to laud...

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:58 am

NS8401 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:43 pm
Matt wrote:
Engler didn’t exactly leave everything perfectly hunky Dory... I would find somebody else to laud...
I wasn't comparing her to Engler (he was a very effective governor, btw, although he's indisputably revealed himself to be human garbage when he was interim president of msu), SHE compared herself to Engler.

Straight from the horse's ass:
"We can't go back to the Gran­holm era, which was a failed era," Schuette said in an interview.

Whitmer often hears their names linked. "Lots of women candidates get compared to one another because there's so few women in office and positions in corporate America," she said.

At a fundraiser in Grand Rapids, she compared herself instead to former governor John Engler, a Republican, who like Whitmer led his party in the state Senate before running to be the state's top official.

"Governor Granholm had all the right values but didn't have the right background," Whitmer said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 47b066f90e

She said she wanted the budget done on the same schedule it has been done the last 8 years, which is by the end of June. Now she's stating that she won't sign a budget that doesn't include a massive tax increase.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:58 am

Some more liberal BULLSHIT, When will people learn, The Democrats love to take our money. We keep giving and The Democrats keep asking for more.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:16 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:58 am
NS8401 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:43 pm
Matt wrote:
I wasn't comparing her to Engler (he was a very effective governor, btw, although he's indisputably revealed himself to be human garbage when he was interim president of msu), SHE compared herself to Engler.

Straight from the horse's ass:
"We can't go back to the Gran­holm era, which was a failed era," Schuette said in an interview.

Whitmer often hears their names linked. "Lots of women candidates get compared to one another because there's so few women in office and positions in corporate America," she said.

At a fundraiser in Grand Rapids, she compared herself instead to former governor John Engler, a Republican, who like Whitmer led his party in the state Senate before running to be the state's top official.

"Governor Granholm had all the right values but didn't have the right background," Whitmer said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 47b066f90e

She said she wanted the budget done on the same schedule it has been done the last 8 years, which is by the end of June. Now she's stating that she won't sign a budget that doesn't include a massive tax increase.
That’s the way the game is supposed to be played... then you discuss it, hash it out and reach... gasp!... a compromise...

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:43 pm

If we are not going to raise a tax to fix the roads where will the money come from?
I'm not inclined to believe the state has billions of dollars hidden somewhere.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:06 pm

If all the state taxes collected at the pump actually went to roads and transportation, we probably wouldn't be in this mess.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:22 pm

I still say redirect the sales tax levied at the pump to the roads.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:01 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:43 pm
If we are not going to raise a tax to fix the roads where will the money come from?
Well, when the person putting forth the proposal is also proposing using some of the revenue to increase the EITC and is robbing local municipalities of tax revenue on bullshit political grounds (Ionia), excuse me if I'm not willing to give her the benefit of the doubt on anything.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:57 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:01 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:43 pm
Well, when the person putting forth the proposal is also proposing using some of the revenue to increase the EITC and is robbing local municipalities of tax revenue on bullshit political grounds (Ionia), excuse me if I'm not willing to give her the benefit of the doubt on anything.
Ah the private prisons thing again... Ionia needs to consider branching out... prisons aren’t meant to be a business or the life blood of a community... they can attract something else if they really want to... I don’t think they have the will or the skill to do so however... they’d rather whine about not getting their prison... don’t care...

As for using some of the revenue as an economic boost... that’s right up the Reganomics alley isn’t it? Stimulate the economy and it’ll lead to more revenue...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:05 pm

Revenue should be up now that Amazon is collecting sales tax. Whitnit knows she has to pass the tax increase well before any elections and spend like crazy near election time.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:55 pm

She put Schuette's face in the sand because we want the damn roads fixed. You boys are lost, sit back and let us get government working again. She's a moderate that's the best you're going to get. And fuck the losers in Ionia, I'm tired of reading about rapes and rotting food in private prisons.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 4520

Ohio Passes Gas Tax

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:04 pm

Deleted User 8570

Re: Ohio Passes Gas Tax

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:37 pm

TheForce wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:04 pm
Ohio passes gas tax

https://www.dispatch.com/news/20190403/ ... tem-vetoes
Gee even the Republicans are doing it!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic