Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

This Man Has It All! Which Will He Choose?

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
CK-722

This Man Has It All! Which Will He Choose?

Post by CK-722 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:12 am

Star Roamer. Wife. Star Roamer. Wife. Star Roamer. Wife....

The memes just write themselves.

Nice house too.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

SolarMax

Re: This Man Has It All! Which Will He Choose?

Post by SolarMax » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:39 am

But, he's probing that presumably broken Star Roamer using that VTVM (presumably also a Knight Kit).
Freudian symbolism, hidden in plain sight?
No knowledge of who "Electroniques" was (Canadian, presumably). Allied Radio, Chicago IL 60680, of the beloved Allied Catalog (the radio geek's "wish book") was the originator of Knight Kit.

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:53 am

I'm sure that the irony and symbolism is not lost on the wife, actress or real. I can only imagine what she is thinking with her hand on his shoulder. "I wish he would show a similar interest in me. On the other hand, engineering/technology is what puts this nice roof over my head, and food on the table, and probably a nice pension or IRA portfolio someday. Practical I am. Don't rock the boat. I'll wait till he's done."

k8jd

Post by k8jd » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:56 am

I lived in Chicago a few years and was able to visit the main store on western avenue, many times !

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:10 am

Usually, wives do think a few steps ahead. As do geek husbands. Big upside of geek husbands. And they fix things that break/break down around the house, instead of going to Sports Bars-or worse.

The downside. "I can't get anything new, because he keeps fixing the old stuff."

"I could throw all this expensive equipment on the floor. But those tubes are made of glass. There would be a big mess to clean up later, and a bunch of glass to sweep up. And since it would clearly be my fault, the expense of repair and replacement."

Tune in next week for another episode of "The Practical Technologist's Wife".

Maintenance/repair tip of the week. You can fix/unclog a clogged Keurig with an unbent narrow gauge paper clip. Don't let her go buy a new color to match some new kitchen feature or decoration. Fix it before she heads off to Kohls! Otherwise, you'll end up with a basement full of rainbow Keurig colors.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic