Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Beatles, Love Them or Hate Them

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
Deleted User 14888

The Beatles, Love Them or Hate Them

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:51 am

I’m personally not a fan of The Beatles as a group, But do enjoy them as solo acts, My Favorite is John Lennon, I think the Man was a genius musically, And when he died we indeed lost a Great Talent, My Favorite Album From John Lennon is “Walls and Bridges” from 1974, It’s a Classic Masterpiece, My second Favorite is Paul McCartney, My Favorite album from him is his first “McCartney” From 1970, My Favorite tune from that album is “Every Night” as far as the other 2 Gentlemen they were talented as well but not to the extent as John and Paul, Who are your Favorite Beatles or did you like them as a group?

craig11152

Re: The Beatles, Love Them or Hate Them

Post by craig11152 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:36 pm

I don't hate the Beatles but I am no fan. If a song of theirs, any song, comes on the radio I turn the station

I no longer directly engage trolls

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:23 pm

I had no choice but to become a Beatles fan due to my dad force feeding me their music as a kid.
I fell in love.
I stole his Beatles 1 CD when I was like 13 😅.

Now as for which Beatle's work I love the most: Lennon all the way!

And my favorite Beatles Song... I can't pick.. but "From Me To You" plays in my head the most out of them all

Music is my life.

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:59 am

I like the stuff that never gets airplay anymore, however, the "staples" result in a button push. I'm just that sick of hearing them, especially Hey Jude.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:09 am

Some of their best stuff was before they became so full of themselves. Like when Dick Biondi discovered the Beattles in 1963.

Please Please Me-Beatles #3 Hot 100

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czw8eqepir8

After that, they went downhill.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:29 pm

I don't love 'em or hate 'em, but certainly find their music eminently listenable. Lennon/McCartney will go down as one of the great pop songwriting entities in music history. I especially like their excursions into psychedelia as proffered on albums such as Revolver and the marvelous singles "Rain" and "Strawberry Fields Forever". Count me among those who can always listen to "Hey Jude" and "I Am the Walrus".

As a solo act I probably like McCartney the best, but it's not really saying much. Harrison had some good stuff, too. Ringo's personality was always a hoot!

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:22 pm

Love their music.

Bought the whole set when Apple (the one that Apple took to court 😁) released it all.

Like the early and middle periods the best, with my favorite Beatle discs being She Loves You , Help!, I Don't Want to Spoil the party and We Can Work It Out.

Norwegian Wood and Strawberry Fields Forever stand out as art forms.

As for Hey Jude, they didn't know how to quit when they were ahead.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:50 pm

Still waiting for "Let It Be" (1970 movie with extras out in 2020 for the 50th Anniversary) as well as the compilations "Rock And Roll Music" (1976) (2 albums on 1 CD) & "Love Songs" (1977) (2 albums on 1 CD) & that is it I think.

kc8yqq

Post by kc8yqq » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:31 am

Love the Beatles. Those of you talking about John Lennon obviously haven't heard his earlier albums with Yoko Ono screaming. Other than that, I like his music as well as the other three in their solo careers.

I own most of the Beatles' music on CDs and cassettes (some of which are the originals released back in the 60's). I have DVDs of "Hard Day's Night", "Help", "Yellow Submarine", and "Magical Mystery Tour". The cinema (now Rite Aid) in Frandor (Lansing) used to have late night movies on Saturdays and would show 3 Beatle movies each time. Once they did 2 Saturdays in a row. Ah, the good old days.

I'm not a big fan of people doing covers of Beatles music, but check out Amy Slattery on YouTube. She does a great job!

matt1

Post by matt1 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:01 pm

Also a box set of "Abbey Road" marks the 50th Anniversary in October (later in 2019) so there will be more outtakes, demos & stuff.

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:31 pm

I hope they passed the audition!!

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic