Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
stopnswop2

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:30 am

I don't think I can consider this "classic rock" though.
I'm not sure what to call it

Music is my life.

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:24 am

Good to see That snowflake abortion gone. Gawd they sucked! Looking forward to Wheelz. Are the call letters changing to WLLZ?

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:26 am

Tman

Post by Tman » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:57 am

Great to see Doug is back in his wheelhouse . He should do well considering whose left listing to terestrial radio . Plus he promotes the local musicians and bands when he can . Best of luck !

Tman

Post by Tman » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:16 am

Also . I like that Trudi is back . She will do here .

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:35 am

I don't like the logo they are using; looks nothing like any of the classic WLLZ logos. Where the hell are the famous call letters?!?!

Imaging isn't half bad but would sound better if voiced by Chris Corley (heard on WIOT and for a long time WDVD), Paul Turner (heard on WRSR) or Jon Pleise (heard on ESPN and Milwaukee's WHQG).

At least they didn't pick the super played out Rich Van Slyk. So sick of hearing him on WGRD.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:38 am

Music is almost a carbon copy of Beasley's 98.7 The Shark in Tampa, which launched 90 days ago.

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:02 am

Well, how about the over/under on the number of useless threads on this topic. Will the number top The Breeze????

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:04 am

Willie108 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:02 am
Well, how about the over/under on the number of useless threads on this topic. Will the number top The Breeze????
Well, We have 5 Threads as of now it’s a good start. 😆

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:09 am

Yep...... this one gonna get a lot more chatter..... as it has and it’s only 14h into its new life.

Last nite...... so we will see how soon the “WLLZ” letters follow the station brand.

Hopefully soon..... and hopefully this isn’t a stunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:56 am

The next question, How much longer will WCSX continue playing the pussy Classic Rock That they play? Will they get harder edge or just keep playing Elton, Steve Miller, ELO and all the other Pussy Classic Rock titles, Just wondering.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:17 am

Willie: I'm gonna take the over at 7. We still have to do a "why are they playing this song??? They didn't play it in 1981!" thread, as well as a discussion on the jocks.

Ray: With all this hoopla and the jocks involved, I don't think iFart would do all this in the name of a stunt. Credit to them for not going with the played out "The Bone" "The Drive" "The Poop" "The ------" whatever. Even though the station has been gone for 24 years, apparently it still has enough brand recognition, and I think some may actually appreciate the Detroit in the branding.

Steve...Oldies....Kevin.... That all depends on the numbers. I'd bet next month's salary that WRIF and WCSX ain't going anywhere. But how fun is it to have these three going at it again?

It sounds to me that, for the most part, 106.7 has the same AOR format used by the original WLLZ in early 1995, in the months before going full fledged modern rock. STP, Offspring, Green Day mixed in with Tom Petty, AC/DC and Zeppelin. That was my favorite era of the station. Unfortunately, nearly a quarter century has passed, and even the first three bands are "classic rock".

I really hope the suits in San Antonio allow Doug SOME kind of leeway in the music programming. You can't fire up a station like this with a programmer like Podell and completely hogtie his hands. Dude knows what works. Work with him a little.
Last edited by Mega Hertz on Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:51 am

I am thinking The WLLZ calls will be moving soon from 93.5 in Myrtle Beach, which 93.5 which was WLQB until 2/28. So... I am thinking WDTW-FM might move there or something to go with The El Patron name.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:56 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:17 am
Willie: I'm gonna take the over at 7. We still have to do a "why are they playing this song??? They didn't play it in 1981!" thread, as well as a discussion on the jocks.

Ray: With all this hoopla and the jocks involved, I don't think iFart would do all this in the name of a stunt. Credit to them for not going with the played out "The Bone" "The Drive" "The Poop" "The ------" whatever. Even though the station has been gone for 24 years, apparently it still has enough brand recognition, and I think some may actually appreciate the Detroit in the branding.

Steve...Oldies....Kevin.... That all depends on the numbers. I'd bet next month's salary that WRIF and WCSX ain't going anywhere. But how fun is it to have these three going at it again?

It sounds to me that, for the most part, 106.7 has the same AOR format used in the months before going full fledged modern rock. STP, Offspring, Green Day mixed in with Tom Petty, AC/DC and Zeppelin. That was my favorite era of the station. Unfortunately, nearly a quarter century has passed, and even the first three bands are "classic rock".

I really hope the suits in San Antonio allow Doug SOME kind of leeway in the music programming. You can't fire up a station like this with a programmer like Podell and completely hogtie his hands. Dude knows what works. Work with him a little.
Mega, Just call me Steve that is my real first name, And Thanks for responding, And yes it’s cool having some Rock’n Roll competition in Detroit once again so now we have 89X, WCSX, WRIF and WLLZ for Rock Stations and can we count 93.9 yes or no?

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:59 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:17 am

It sounds to me that, for the most part, 106.7 has the same AOR format used in the months before going full fledged modern rock. STP, Offspring, Green Day mixed in with Tom Petty, AC/DC and Zeppelin. That was my favorite era of the station. Unfortunately, nearly a quarter century has passed, and even the first three bands are "classic rock".

And don’t forget we need Sam(Stopnswop) to put together some of his famous playlist that could take up a couple threads as well 😝.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic