Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WWMT

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
uncleducky

WWMT

Post by uncleducky » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:26 pm

I notice that no one has said anything about the new hire at WWMT for the 5:30p weekday news. Her name is Lora Painter. They took Andy and Kate off for that half hour and replace her. Anyone know the reason for this? Not sure what the different is beside its just her.

Been lot of people leaving and new coming in to WWMT. Hard to keep up on all the new people that they have on air now.

gotigers

Re: WWMT

Post by gotigers » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:39 pm

I haven't noticed a lot different about the 5:30 show, but I don't watch all that closely. Maybe they're trying to break it up a little bit so it doesn't seem like the same thing repeated each half hour. Lora came from Lansing (WILX) where she anchored weekday mornings. I moved from Jackson to Kalamazoo so I'm enjoying the familiar face. Kirk Montgomery (her WILX co-anchor) is also heading to West Michigan to host on WZZM.

BlackandGoldNews

Post by BlackandGoldNews » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:42 pm

Was curious about this change in their programming because I started to notice more stories geared towards conservative viewers. There were some NASCAR stories, some Pro-Trump stories and a lot promotion of a new show with Boris Epstein who is a conservative commentator. Did a little research to discover that Sinclair Broadcasting owns WWMT. They are pretty well-known for being Pro-Trump. I don't have a dog in the fight here in regards to the change in programming but when Lori Painter came on it was clear there were other changes as well.

uncleducky

Post by uncleducky » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:58 pm

Seems like soon they got a new station manager things started to change and people started to leave.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic