Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dave and Chuck The Freak

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 14888

Dave and Chuck The Freak

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:56 pm

Why are these clowns even on the radio, Does anyone really listen to these losers, These are the guys that replaced Drew and Mike (God rest his soul.) I just can’t believe Dave and Chuck even do that well in the ratings and on top of that are in other markets as well. Is this what morning radio has become? I know we had this type of radio for decades, Howard Stern pretty much created that in the 70’s which he is another loser in the business as well and I personally have zero respect for him and anyone that has brought the business into this type of tasteless broadcasting. Does anyone actually enjoy this type of morning radio where every 5 minutes you hear Dave and Chuck or a phone caller say the p*n*s word, Is this really creative radio or what seriously, What is your take on it all? Good Day!

ZenithCKLW

Re: Dave and Chuck The Freak

Post by ZenithCKLW » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:47 pm

If you’re offended, you’re not their target demographic.

But seriously, I used to love this show in the 89X days. Something changed when they crissed the border. I’m not really a fan anymore. I don’t have a problem with the low-brow formula of the show; I never wanted to start the day off too serious, but between the class clown producer James Campbell, and Dave Hunter’s hyena-laugh, fragile masculinity, and disgusted disdain for anyone who is different than him, I’ve found the show to be unlistenable over the years. I permanently stopped listening in September 2016. Yep, I remember. I don’t think they should be off the air, but I just don’t listen anymore.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:08 pm

So what "target audience" would you say would love to hear perverted trash talk, hmm?

Music is my life.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:13 pm

I have never listened to these two, a few reasons why, the biggest being they replaced, (Or took over) the "Drew And Mike" show, also WRIF went ahead and told all of us that they wanted a younger demographic, So I obliged, and WRIF has not been on my pre-sets since D&M left, (although one or more of their regular DJ's are over the age of 50 themselves..), and basically never liked Dave and Chuck the F*ck...now on with the countdown...
Last edited by lidoshuffle on Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:14 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:08 pm
So what "target audience" would you say would love to hear perverted trash talk, hmm?
The audience who likes to hear perverted trash talk.

Me in my 20’s. Lmao.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:25 pm

LOL.

But That's the stuff I found funny when I was 15

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:26 pm

Oh btw, I must be having dejavu because I swear I saw this exact topic a while ago, with oldies 84 using the exact same words.

Did you post this before or am I losing it? 😅

Music is my life.

DR99

Post by DR99 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:45 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:47 pm
If you’re offended, you’re not their target demographic.

But seriously, I used to love this show in the 89X days. Something changed when they crissed the border. I’m not really a fan anymore. I don’t have a problem with the low-brow formula of the show; I never wanted to start the day off too serious, but between the class clown producer James Campbell, and Dave Hunter’s hyena-laugh, fragile masculinity, and disgusted disdain for anyone who is different than him, I’ve found the show to be unlistenable over the years. I permanently stopped listening in September 2016. Yep, I remember. I don’t think they should be off the air, but I just don’t listen anymore.
Just talked about this to a friend on Facebook about the same thing the show isn't the same as the pre WRIF years. I liked the show the same as you as it was stupid funny laughs in the morning.

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:10 am

I'm in the demo, albeit at the upper end of it, and have never listened once.
I was a Stern fan, but have only listened a handful of times since he moved to sat radio.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:12 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:26 pm
Oh btw, I must be having dejavu because I swear I saw this exact topic a while ago, with oldies 84 using the exact same words.

Did you post this before or am I losing it? 😅
Yes, There was mention on another thread, So yes your right.

Getoffmylawn

Post by Getoffmylawn » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:57 am

I'm not really bothered by them... but at the same time I've never felt the need to tune in. I will confess that in the right context, there may be some humor derived from the use of the word "penis". But when your show revolves around its use, eh, it gets old quickly.

claymed7

Post by claymed7 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:35 pm

Given the choice between these guys and The Breeze, I'd take Dave and Chuck The Freak!

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:59 pm

Oh you again.
Nobody cares about your despise of your competing station.
Grow up

Music is my life.

claymed7

Post by claymed7 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:32 pm

Sure, I'll grow up, well, one of these years - and at the same time if you are going to give me shit, why don't you just tape the same forty songs that your favorite station plays, so I don't have to see you ramble on in the 20 or so threads you started about the Breeze. I read this blog to see what is going on in local radio, not to see some failed DJ ramble on and on about a pretty much dead format and why they don't play requests.

I'm glad the Breeze will get a 2.5/2.7 share and they will change the format within the next year and a half - Dave and Chuck The Freak will still be doing their low-brow humor and still be on top of the ratings. Mike Valenti will still be the big guy in afternoon drive, unless he jumps ship from 97.1 - Commercial radio is all but dead, with boring unimaginative, repetitive playlists. I've worked in the biz for over 30 years, the glory days of the 60's. 70's and 80's is long gone, get over it. I have.
Last edited by claymed7 on Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:13 pm

I worked in the biz up until ‘98 and you’re right it’s all but dead, That’s why non-profits like EMF are beginning to take over the FM dial, That and the deregulation in ‘96 is what is killing the industry, As well as the narrow minded asses running the business today with tight playlist and it’s all about what money they have left to squeeze out of a business on life support, Commercial Radio has to change eventually but it could already to late. Editorial by Oldies 84 “These are my views”.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic