Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Governor’s Clothing

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
screen glare

The Governor’s Clothing

Post by screen glare » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:21 pm

The first thread on this topic is now way off course. Hence this new thread.

When you serve the people in elected office you should dress the part. Serious responsibility requires thoughtful decorum. Many serious occupations of authority figures even entail wearing a uniform; emergency service personnel such as police and firefighters, the military, judges, commercial airline crews, etc.
Appropriate attire projects competence and gives the public confidence that you know what you’re doing. (Until your actions or words contradict your appearance.)

The upheaval on social media regarding Governor Whitmer’s dress has merit. Just as Donald Trump’s open suit jacket and too-long red tie in formal gatherings helps erode his worldwide stature - so too her state of the state speech delivered in a dress so clingy, light weight, and pulling that it distracted from what she was saying. A suit jacket with pants or knee length skirt, non-distracting yet enhancing jewelry, and high quality in style dress heels would have added to her authority, well groomed beauty, and added to her image as a strong leader.

If she is smart she will learn from this mistake. Instead of making it more memorable by defending a clothing selection that looked like she had raided her daughter’s closet.

She should take a look at Nancy Pelosi’s attire or that of other power house female elected officials over the years. High quality, well fitting, conservative yet flattering clothes, shoes, and jewelry enhance your image of authority. Which is exactly what you want.

Political foes, friends, and the people you serve will respect you.

Show up for work all legs, tits, and crotch and send a message at cross purposes to your important job and the public trust.

Meanwhile - “anything goes” for entertainers and other artists. “In your face sexuality” may work for them.

DAC

Re: The Governor’s Clothing

Post by DAC » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:32 pm

AHH! CARMEN IS ON VACATION AGAIN!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:06 pm

And according to my wife her often - now permanant - replacement newscaster has the lesson “dress for success” well learned.

D.j.m.

Post by D.j.m. » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:54 pm

Did seeing Governor give you a funny feeling? Well, when a boy sees a girl that he thinks is pretty, it's okay. It's normal and healthy and nothing to be afraid of.

It's ok to like a girl in a pretty dress. It's ok.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:04 pm

Missing the big picture. Over your head.

It’s OK.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:12 pm

No, he's mocking you.

Music is my life.

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:01 pm

It was a cheap shot by Fox 2 news director Roseborough. TMZ and Joan Rivers Fashion Police. What do you expect from a station that makes DJ's news anchors. Fox 2. The name Fox says it all.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:03 pm

And I am in kind mocking him. Apparently that is over YOUR head, stopnswop2.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:10 pm

TMZ and JR Fashion Police are all about entertainment. Last I looked most governors of states are not making their livings in the entertainment industry. They are elected to do serious work oft times with life or death consequences.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:11 am

Pelosi's an ugly old broad.Whitmer's a babe .'Nuf Sed .

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:58 am

Pelosi isn’t ugly. Whitmer isn’t a babe. Both women are powerful leaders. One more experienced over more years than the other - and looking so. Raising five kids and later rising to be (in an emergency) third in line to the presidency as Speaker of the House WILL put years on your appearance. So what? GIve Whitmer few more years. She’ll develop that “look” of experience, too. And it isn’t ugly. It’s earned and admirable in the view of persons wise enough to appreciate long life.

Borderboy and other men/boys see all females as holes in which to potentially dip our wicks. Eventually as more women become prominant leaders in government and all aspects of commerce and industry, sports, the military, entertainment, law, medicine and all sciences - the majority of men will learn to see them as more than potential sex partners - and learn not to discard them when they no longer meet men’s definition of sexy.

Like your experienced old mom - who symbolically just put her naughty little boys in time out.

Many countries are ahead of the United States in this enlightenment. While others are far behind.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:38 am

screenglare,my IQ is 160+. ( I guess you white folk don't think a Negro can have a high IQ,but again,I trash every anti-black stereotype .) Since four-and-one-half months shy of my sixty-sixth birthday,I'm regarded cover boy handsome, fugly broads don't interest me,whether middle-aged or older politicos,business women or any other less-than-comely female. I proudly cop to being a boy/man ( or pure boy,as I term my outlook ),because who wants to be a fugly,dull-normal Ron Cameron clone ? (Or Jim Rome clone,for that matter. ) And finally,long live buxom blondes !!!!!

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:42 am

Besides,screenglare,my mother was born July 19,1917,was five-two and roughly 200 lb. I miss her daily and nightly (I lost her to a stroke Oct.9,2003 ,four days before our Thanksgiving,which occurs on October's second Monday,not November's fourth Thursday like yours ) ,but NO WAY could and can I see myself,ummmm,BONDING with someone that size !!!!!

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:14 am

borderboy653659200 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:38 am
screenglare,my IQ is 160+. ( I guess you white folk don't think a Negro can have a high IQ,but again,I trash every anti-black stereotype .) Since four-and-one-half months shy of my sixty-sixth birthday,I'm regarded cover boy handsome, fugly broads don't interest me,whether middle-aged or older politicos,business women or any other less-than-comely female. I proudly cop to being a boy/man ( or pure boy,as I term my outlook ),because who wants to be a fugly,dull-normal Ron Cameron clone ? (Or Jim Rome clone,for that matter. ) And finally,long live buxom blondes !!!!!
How would SG know that you are a black fella Cowboy and how would you know SG is a white fella ? I thought the buzzboard had no obvious color. You are the one that always pushes the racial lines. I'm shocked with an IQ of over 160, you must have missed out on the test with all the proper grammatical usages, proper sentence structure, spacing, etc, and COMMON SENSE.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:48 pm

I could be Black, Or Brown or Perhaps Yellow, My Wife is a Canasian that could be a clue, No one knows what color I am and I don’t know what color any of you are, And by the way Mr. Transistor, Great point!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic