Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WYCE Recorded Shows?

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Rod Kackley

WYCE Recorded Shows?

Post by Rod Kackley » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:41 pm

I heard "Vince" saying "Good Wednesday Morning" late this (Monday) afternoon on WYCE. And I heard the woman who does the Spanish-language morning show on earlier in the afternoon on the station. Is WYCE running taped shows? Obviously, the two I heard today ran at the wrong times and even the wrong days.
I thought the overnight show was recorded, something they started years ago. But the daytime shows? Tell me I'm wrong!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: WYCE Recorded Shows?

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:47 pm

Sure would suck if even WYCE is guilty of resorting to voicetracking!

Is WYCE still all-volunteer? I wonder if some folks who were scheduled had to miss their shift(s) due to other obligations.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:34 pm

Maybe because of the weather ?

Music is my life.

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:02 pm

It's entirely possible that some of the volunteer programmers at WYCE record their air shifts in advance rather than being live on-air, and it's entirely possible that if someone who had a live shift was unable to make it to the station that they chose to run a recorded show early.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:52 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:47 pm

Is WYCE still all-volunteer? I wonder if some folks who were scheduled had to miss their shift(s) due to other obligations.
I'd voice track with weather like we have this week. At the end of the day, it's a volunteer-powered station, if the music is good, no one really cares. When you have a real music library (with more than 300 songs) air personalities are not as big a deal.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:07 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:52 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

I'd voice track with weather like we have this week. At the end of the day, it's a volunteer-powered station, if the music is good, no one really cares. When you have a real music library (with more than 300 songs) air personalities are not as big a deal.
300? The physical CD library is a whole lot larger than that, not sure how much more are on the servers. If you're talking rotation I still think it's much more than that. When I was hanging around there, rule was a particular cut got embargoed for a number of days after being played.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:51 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:07 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:52 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

300? The physical CD library is a whole lot larger than that, not sure how much more are on the servers. If you're talking rotation I still think it's much more than that. When I was hanging around there, rule was a particular cut got embargoed for a number of days after being played.
WNMC in Traverse City has a 350,000 song library and 2200 lp's. Community Radio is the only music radio worth listening to.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Jason Kragt

Post by Jason Kragt » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:30 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:07 pm
Correct. Every CD and every album (including the one used in your avatar, btw) had a label pasted on it to record the last play date of each track. You weren't supposed to play the exact same track for several days, although programmers viewed that as more a suggestion than a mandate.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic