Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fake news, agenda-driven bias, and ignorance

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
hanson

Re: Fake news, agenda-driven bias, and ignorance

Post by hanson » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:15 pm

It is so cold.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:24 pm

All politics are for show aka fake, and all network news talks about is politics.. so basically all news is fake.
We live in a giant farce.

I find it quite funny reading all these political rant posts from people on here.
Sheep arguing over fake wall debates.
Political parties are designed to create division of the population, put us against each other, so we don't go against them.
Every world leaders are Freemasons, who are a branch of the Jesuits, who are all owned by the Rothschild Family. It's all one big "pyramid scheme".
No country is against another country.
No "party" is against another.
Last edited by stopnswop2 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:29 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:17 pm
With all this attention on the media getting this story 100% wrong, could the media be wrong about cops too?

YES! YES!!! OH, YYYEEEESSS!!!
Cottage cheese is best cold... microwaved it may mess with your mind... we can all see the results above...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:12 am

LL101 is 100% correct in his first post.

Even CNN (somewhat) posted a retraction this morning, although I'm sure it will receive nowhere near the amount of coverage as its original, defamatory, largely inaccurate reporting on this matter did. Ditto for the other MSM outlets. ABC News was especially "over the top" on its reporting of this story.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/us/maga- ... index.html

If I were the young man's family, I'd consider filing defamation law suits against all the major news organizations who intentionally exhibited bias and hatred in the reporting of this story for the purposes of using it as political fodder.

This goes to show that there really are some truly disgusting people employed by large "news" organizations in this country.

ABC News, NBC, CNN and I presume CBS are all responsible for the harassment and vicious threats the young man is now wrongfully receiving. I bet not a single one of those piece-of-shit news organizations will issue a formal apology.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:48 am

In another example of agenda-driven bias, I happened to tune into MSNBC this past Friday evening (yeah, I know, big mistake on my part). Watching 15 minutes of their coverage, you'd think impeachment was just around the corner. This was the first time watching the news that I thought Trump might be in actual trouble as President. The story? A buzzfeed article stating that Mueller's investigation uncovered evidence that Trump directed Michael Cohen to lie under oath. Pundit after pundit on MSNBC made it sound like the Trump presidency was all but over.

Then, of course, over the weekend, Mueller himself denied this.

Did the media apologize for rushing to judgment? OF COURSE NOT. Whether the story was actually true was completely irrelevant. They couched their reporting under the guise of "if true...." but I'm sorry, that is a completely unacceptable way to report the news.

Hannity put together an excellent montage. Watch this video from 4:27 to 5:00. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrcx-v464yU

So where's the outcry over the media acting so irresponsibly?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:39 am

Here is a link to two separate videos on the Washington Mall incident.
One is short, at under 4 minutes, with HD quality video and pretty good audio. It shows what happened in the stare down
The other video is long....an hour and 40 plus minutes. It comes from the Black Hebrew Israelites that were demonstrating/preaching on the Mall. At about the 1 hour 10 minute mark it begins to pick up with the drum beating guy showing up about 1:12. Prior to that if you watch it seems to me those Black Hebrew Israelites are a far out fringe group with no love for white people, or as they say "filthy crackers"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH1L0RBI ... st=WL&t=1s[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQyBHTTq ... =2&list=WL[/youtube]

In my opinion the white kid in question is guilty of....
wearing a MAGA hat
being pro life
going to an all boys Catholic school.
Other than that he didn't let a 64 year old Marine treat him like a dog.

I no longer directly engage trolls

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:13 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:12 am
ABC News, NBC, CNN and I presume CBS are all responsible for the harassment and vicious threats the young man is now wrongfully receiving. I bet not a single one of those piece-of-shit news organizations will issue a formal apology.
I'm not so sure about CBS. I don't know how, if at all, they originally reported on this story, but on tonight's evening news, they aired a fair story covering this.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/conflictin ... -memorial/

Props to them for this. I highly doubt ABC or NBC would do the same.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:50 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:13 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:12 am
I'm not so sure about CBS. I don't know how, if at all, they originally reported on this story, but on tonight's evening news, they aired a fair story covering this.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/conflictin ... -memorial/

Props to them for this. I highly doubt ABC or NBC would do the same.
I find CBS to be pretty straight and factual actually... they’ve tried hard to make that their thing the last few years...

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:56 am

NS8401 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:50 am
I find CBS to be pretty straight and factual actually... they’ve tried hard to make that their thing the last few years...
Compared to ABC and NBC, they're much closer to unbiased reporting. Now that may not be saying much, but at least at 6:30, there is a pretty stark contrast between CBS's presentation of the nightly news and that of ABC and NBC. I find ABC to be the worst with NBC not far behind. It is a shame that CBS's evening news is in 3rd place in the ratings.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:52 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:56 am
NS8401 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:50 am
Compared to ABC and NBC, they're much closer to unbiased reporting. Now that may not be saying much, but at least at 6:30, there is a pretty stark contrast between CBS's presentation of the nightly news and that of ABC and NBC. I find ABC to be the worst with NBC not far behind. It is a shame that CBS's evening news is in 3rd place in the ratings.
Agreed... I can’t stand David Muir at all... “that boy on the mall facing down that Native American Elder, the crowd of youngsters gathering around them, the chants and taunts, cameras capturing the tense moments”... who exactly talks like this in real life? Just tell me what happened, I don’t like his weirdo descriptions with crutch words... it doesn’t sound good..

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:22 pm

this is the type of stuff that infuriates me today's media. It's a great story for them to run with a bunch of teenagers in MAGA hats (they must be racist) with the native Americans. I bet they were salivating when they got that story on their feed couldn't wait to get that up on the news wire. I sure hope they make a mint on that lawsuit. The retraction is never as good as the original story- the damage has been done

WC8KCY

Post by WC8KCY » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:51 am

Some of us in the Native American community are more than a little displeased with how this was covered, as well: Imagine the initial shock of seeing one of our Elders seemingly taking abuse from a group of bigot teens, only to learn later that there's a lot more to the story than was initially "reported".

Activist, agenda-driven "journalism"--fake news--diverts attention away from, distorts public perception of, and eventually desensitizes the public to actual facts and events that should be of genuine concern.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:36 am

I wonder if this story would have gotten much attention had the kids not worn MAGA hats. Something to think about....

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:43 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:17 pm
With all this attention on the media getting this story 100% wrong, could the media be wrong about cops too?

Agreed! They always try to make cops look bad. If they keep trying to find ways to make the police look bad, then eventually there will be protests. Protests are pure gold for news reporters. Radical activists like Soros will bus in people from out of state who are angered by the negative, slanted reporting and theres the great headline. Hopefully, a few people may show up with bats and gas cans. Oh boy! Big news story for 3 days. "Oh, poor innocent black man beaten by racist white cops". Forget its often a black or hispanic cop protecting himself when someone reaches into his waist like hes about to grab a pistol. That news wont cause a big demonstration that the media is trying to encourage for their ratings.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:13 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:07 am
Y M Ionhere wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:43 am
[quote=lovinlife101 post_id=558728 time=<a href="tel:1548044250">1548044250</a> user_id=9159]

Agreed! They always try to make cops look bad. If they keep trying to find ways to make the police look bad, then eventually there will be protests. Protests are pure gold for news reporters. Radical activists like Soros will bus in people from out of state who are angered by the negative, slanted reporting and theres the great headline. Hopefully, a few people may show up with bats and gas cans. Oh boy! Big news story for 3 days. "Oh, poor innocent black man beaten by racist white cops". Forget its often a black or hispanic cop protecting himself when someone reaches into his waist like hes about to grab a pistol. That news wont cause a big demonstration that the media is trying to encourage for their ratings.
Cops don’t need any help making them look bad. Anyone with eyes can see that.

You’ve heard of “boys will be boys.” Well, “cops will be cops.”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CNMqGdlYqCg

They break an innocent man’s window, sic a dog on him that starts biting his arm, drag him out of his car, and arrest him for no reason. No crime committed except the violations the cops performed.
[/quote]
Free cottage cheese samples on aisle 7...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic