Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Top 10 Groups or Artist You Can’t Stand

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
Deleted User 14888

Top 10 Groups or Artist You Can’t Stand

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:58 am

1)Billy Joel (Hate Him, someone should break his fingers)
2)Supertramp (Been with a lot of tramps in my day, none were super)🤣
3)Van Halen (Suck!)
4)Beatles (Overrated, time to call the exterminator)
5)Whitney Houston (Over played on the radio)
6)Def Leapard (Double Suck!)
7)Bon Jovi (Chic’s love them, Maybe That’s why I can’t stand them)
8)Celine Dion (Every time I hear her, I wish I was on The Titanic)
9)Prince (Never liked him never will, and I hate Purple anyway)
10)Barry Manilow(I had a dog named Mandy, it died)
As a side note I hate all Rap Music, but that’s just Me.
What are your 10?
Last edited by Deleted User 14888 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ZenithCKLW

Re: Top 10 Groups or Artist You Can’t Stand

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:40 am

In no particular order:

1. Guns 'n' Roses
2. Rihanna
3. Van Halen
4. Cyndi Lauper
5. Coldplay
6. Taylor Swift
7. Nickelback
8. The Rolling Stones
9. Pitbull
10. Steve Miller Band

I also hate rap music, so in the interest of list brevity, I didn't include any of those "artists" in my list.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:49 pm

1. Rush. More chops than a butcher shop and zero soul. I sometimes just want a groove I can chair dance to, which this band couldn't provide upon pain of death. Geddy's voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

2. The Doors. I've known college sophomores who wrote better poetry than Morrison, who was a full-on asswipe to just about everyone he ever met. Manzarek's cocktail jazz keyboard work also sucks.

3. Led Zep. They plagiarized almost all of their first three albums from African-American blues musicians and never ponied up a dime to any of them until forced to by the courts.

4., 5., and 6. Mariah Carey. Leaving aside her beauty, she seems to think "I" has ten syllables. Sometimes the hippest thing you can do is to sing the melody as it was written. See also: Celine Dion, Whitney Houston.

7. Gangster rap. I don't have the automatic knee-jerk anti-rap gene that most old white guys have. But if all you can do is rap about bitches, hoes, dope, guns and money, you're not speaking to me.

8. ABBA. They can't (or couldn't) speak English, but had hit after hit singing phonetically.

9. Barry Manilow. If I were a turntable, his records would make my tone arm go limp.

10. Anybody who uses AutoTune.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:01 pm

I like the #4,5,6, and #9 good choices.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:18 pm

These lists are breaking my heart. Van Halen and Rush are at least one full shelf of albums for me downstairs. 5150 is my number 2 album of all time and Power Windows ranks #4. Ouch.

That said, the one band I could do without forever is Foreigner. Generic, bland, soulless AOR pap. The Nickelback of the 70s and 80s. I can't change the station fast enough when they come on the radio and I literally pouted the whole time I had to put their "music" back into AudioVault at CSX.

Another similar time framed band I could do without is REO Speedwagon.

There are few bands from that era I can do without. My record collection spans decades and artists and genres. I can tolerate most Journey tunes and the occasional Styx song. I think burnout has a lot to do with it. While I own a vast majority of AC/DC's output, you won't catch me spinning it very much. Especially Back In Black.

Oh, okay, here's a contemporary one. Kid Rock. It was cute for about 20 minutes in 1999. We get it. You're proud white trash from Romeo. Solid. Bully for you. Now stop it.

Hip hop is another one I have problems with. I searched far and wide for many of my albums, most of which span 1983-1990. LL Cool J, Run DMC, Grandmaster Flash, etc. Find me the rapper making "The Message" these days. Or an empowering anthem like "Mama Said Knock You Out". Or "It's Like That". Sampling was so much better back then, and even helped me discover some rock tunes I never even knew about. But I scan the dial and stop at 107.5 and just shake my head. It's like reading a Dr. Seuss book!

Perhaps it's my age. But I prefer Led Zeppelin, Kurtis Blow and Johnny Cash to Greta Van Fleet, Drake and Jason Aldean.

Great topic.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:27 pm

I don’t get The Kid Crock, Uncle Crackhead and Greta Van Fleet Enema thing either just because they’re local doesn’t mean that they’re great, they all suck. But that’s me, just an old long haired hippie that loves some stuff. Oh by the way Thanks Mega!

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:17 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:49 pm
1. Rush. More chops than a butcher shop and zero soul. I sometimes just want a groove I can chair dance to, which this band couldn't provide upon pain of death. Geddy's voice is like nails on a chalkboard.
Bingo! Deep Tracks plays them entirely too much; when they do I hit another button...ANY button!

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:24 pm

I may get castrated for this one, but...Bob Seger. Seger could make an album of him farting on a snare drum (which would be an improvement), and it would be a local holiday. WCSX would broadcast from his home and play new cuts from the album (the only artist they do that for). And I'll be damned if I see the attraction. He is largely irrelevant nationwide, and really only has a smattering of hit songs and albums. Basement dweller of the charts for years. Just another cog in the AOR wheel. Why he is so celebrated is beyond me. I just don't get it. I mean, what other FM station in their right mind would play 24 hours of Seger? I could take all his true hits and not even fill up a blank CD; an EP would suffice for the tracks I actually like. Then he announces another retirement tour and it's like the Second Coming of Christ. After 34 years, I don't think I'll ever get the attraction.

-TurkeyTop

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:46 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:24 pm
I may get castrated for this one, but...Bob Seger. Seger could make an album of him farting on a snare drum (which would be an improvement), and it would be a local holiday. WCSX would broadcast from his home and play new cuts from the album (the only artist they do that for). And I'll be damned if I see the attraction. He is largely irrelevant nationwide, and really only has a smattering of hit songs and albums. Basement dweller of the charts for years. Just another cog in the AOR wheel. Why he is so celebrated is beyond me. I just don't get it. I mean, what other FM station in their right mind would play 24 hours of Seger? I could take all his true hits and not even fill up a blank CD; an EP would suffice for the tracks I actually like. Then he announces another retirement tour and it's like the Second Coming of Christ. After 34 years, I don't think I'll ever get the attraction.
That's how I feel about Kid Rock, although I guess not quite as popular as Bob Seger in Detroit.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:48 pm

I guess I could put Bad Company in that company, too. Movin' On, Rock Steady, Rock and Roll Fantasy and No Smoke Without a Fire from the Brian Howe era are decent enough tunes. I can't stand their version of Ready For Love. Another group I just don't get the love for from classic rock radio. Because all but one of the tunes I listed are album cuts (thus never getting airplay), I'm not burned on them and can enjoy them at my leisure.

-TurkeyTop

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:53 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:48 pm
I guess I could put Bad Company in that company, too. Movin' On, Rock Steady, Rock and Roll Fantasy and No Smoke Without a Fire from the Brian Howe era are decent enough tunes. I can't stand their version of Ready For Love. Another group I just don't get the love for from classic rock radio. Because all but one of the tunes I listed are album cuts (thus never getting airplay), I'm not burned on them and can enjoy them at my leisure.
I'm not a fan of them either, but I looooove "Can't get enough of your love"

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:16 pm

In no order:
And only 1 list of many:

1. Kid Rock
2. Van Halen
3. Pink Floyd
4. Guns n Roses
5. Drake
6. Post-2007 Rap "music"
7. U2
8. Led Zeppelin (except a few select songs I do love)

--I have lots more, trust me lol. I'll think later when I get home-

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:06 pm

I guess I am thinking more overrated but still cannot stand them.

1. The Doors- yuck!

2.Rush- this is probably a band I *SHOULD* like but it's one of those "I just don't get it" kind of things

3. Jimi Hendrix- Just sounds generic to me.

4. Dave Matthews Band

5.Bob Seger- I know I too will get holy hell here. Again overrated, I do however like "The fire down below" and "night moves".

6. Steve Miller band- Yuck and yuck! Everytime "The joker" comes on, I have to change the station FAST

7.Pearl Jam- I used to like them but they just lost me after The Yield album. I can't stand Eddie Vedder

8. Green Day- I still like Dookie and Insomniac but after that, gawd... they suck. Not to mention Billy Joe's grandstanding in recent years.

9.U2-Blech

10. Prince- Total Douche bag.

Oddly, I prefer The Brian Howe to The Paul Rodgers. RAP is crap.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:46 pm

There's not a lot of music I don't care for, so I'll give my top 5 least favorite acts.

1. Tom Waits- Guy can't sing at all and don't know how he's considered at times to be one of the best singers of all time.

2. Bob Dylan- one of the best writers of his time but for the most part, can't sing at all. I especially don't like the high pitch yodel in All I Really Want to Do. His voice gets more like Tom Waits as he gets older. I do like Lay Lady Lady and Knockin on Heaven's Door though.

3. Michael Bolton- He tries way too hard to belt out songs. His voice isn't bad when he's not belting, but as soon as he belts, he sounds like he's in extreme pain.

4. Cheryl Lynn- a one-hit-wonder known for Got to be Real. The song starts out bad but gets worse over time. 2 minutes of OK singing at best turns into 3 minutes at the end of nails on a chalkboard. Again, trying way too hard to belt out.

5. - David Lee Roth- His voice is decent for the type of music he plays, but I get tired of his grunts and squeals in some of his songs.

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:50 pm

Actually, Bob Seger first hit the charts 52 years ago, in 1966. Until his first record label collapsed, he was already huqe in Southeastern Michigan. WTAC, WTRX, WPAG, WKNR, and CKLW were the first stations to chart Bob Seger, and he spread to Ohio and Massachusetts by way of the signal of CKLW. His first band, the Decibels, was played on WPAG ONCE circa 1961. Discouraged, he enrolled at MSU for one term circa 1969.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic