Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

AOR Story Directory From 1970s

Here's your place to reminisce about classic radio and television. Want to share memories of The Big 8? How about J.P. McCarthy? Do it here!
Arthur Mometer

AOR Story Directory From 1970s

Post by Arthur Mometer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:28 am

Many goodies in this directory.

Lots of interviews and personnel listings.

https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Ar ... -Story.pdf

"I'm meteorologist Arthur Mometer."

"Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do."

"Lies have to be repeated and repeated to be believed. Truth stands on its own merit."

Deleted User 14803

Re: AOR Story Directory From 1970s

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:54 pm

Art,very enjoyable I like page 46 and 47 The LP of The Movie Soundtrack “FM” I seen the movie back in ‘78 it was a cool movie I don’t know if anyone else remembers it.I actually seen it at The Mt.Clemens Drive-In way back in the day.

kc8yqq

Post by kc8yqq » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:44 am

I not only remember it, but own it on DVD. I also have the soundtrack on cassette. I don't remember where I saw it, but it would have been at the Meridian Mall or at Frandor in Lansing (now a Rite Aid).

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:55 pm

kc8yqq wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:44 am
I not only remember it, but own it on DVD. I also have the soundtrack on cassette. I don't remember where I saw it, but it would have been at the Meridian Mall or at Frandor in Lansing (now a Rite Aid).
I remember it well, and I still have my original gatefold promo LP in great shape. Someone at WTAC gave it to me when I was about 14 or so. I heard that Donald Fagen actually revolted at Steely Dan having to record "FM" for the soundtrack album. that sounds about right for Donald Fagen though. He's, like, the quintessential king dweeb of progressive rock. If you've never seen the "Yacht Rock" videos on the internet, they had a perfect depiction of what I'd imagine Fagen to actually be like in real life. Well, a bit less "scatty" perhaps.

Edit: Donald Fagen *always* had that puty scowl of "Leave me the fuck alone, dude!" on his face. I can't recall seeing a pic of him smiling, ever!

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:25 pm

Did you ever hear a custom job for "AM"? The "a" sound in "Aja" is in the same key as the "f" sound in "FM". Can't remember exactly where I heard it, but somebody in an analog production room was pretty slick.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic