Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Allow FM Translators Of AM Stations To Use AM Callsign With LT Extension?

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
Arthur Mometer

Allow FM Translators Of AM Stations To Use AM Callsign With LT Extension?

Post by Arthur Mometer » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:49 am

Anyone see any problem with allowing FM Translators Of AM Stations to use the AM Callsign With an LT Extension? For example, W286DC, WKAR AM's translator on 105.1 would become WKAR-LT.

ID would be "This is WKAR and WKAR-LT East Lansing".

"I'm meteorologist Arthur Mometer."

"Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do."

"Lies have to be repeated and repeated to be believed. Truth stands on its own merit."

Deleted User 14803

Re: Allow FM Translators Of AM Stations To Use AM Callsign With LT Extension?

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:11 am

Art, Great idea it’s better than W123BC or whatever, I always believe in the K.I.S.S. concept Keep It Short and Simple, great idea.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:29 pm

What about AM stations with more than 1 translator?

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:03 pm

and how, under that scheme, to ID translators that are relaying an FM HD2 or HD3.

Arthur Mometer

Post by Arthur Mometer » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:45 am

Well, in Canada, and boosters in the US, a number is added. CFCO-1-FM 92.9 for example. 2,3,... could be added for additional translators.

Just tossing around some trial balloons, not an NPRM yet.

"I'm meteorologist Arthur Mometer."

"Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do."

"Lies have to be repeated and repeated to be believed. Truth stands on its own merit."

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:54 pm

I'm surprised that iHeart tries to hide the other outlets for their broadcast stations, like they're ashamed of it, when they should promote it; ie: WSPD-Toledo, (in a whisper at double speed: WRVF-FM-HD2) and on 92.9FM. Why not brag about using the HD version that's in stereo?

I believe that Low Power FM's are permitted to use an unused set of AM call letters as their station ID without the -LP suffix, or at least that was proposed as long as nobody else is using the call letters?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic