Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What happened yesterday?

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
Splouge

What happened yesterday?

Post by Splouge » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:00 am

Did we get hacked? Because yesterday when I came here, I got a flashing screen with text saying something like "HrkRoZ Kuwaiti Hacker 2018"

"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

-Byron "The Broadcast Butcher" Allen

FET-500

Re: What happened yesterday?

Post by FET-500 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:29 am

Splouge wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:00 am
Did we get hacked? Because yesterday when I came here, I got a flashing screen with text saying something like "HrkRoZ Kuwaiti Hacker 2018"
Looked like an old skool page deface. A lot of haxoring lately... at least it wasn't as bad as linux. They were hosting the dox report and "GOATSE" pic of a transgender SJW.

cckadlec

Post by cckadlec » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:11 am

Yes, HKRROZ al Kuwait took out the forum. You can see his page here, which shows a lot of his past work. He knows what he's doing for sure. I guess it wasn't destructive; just wanted to remind people that security (of this forum that has been half-wiped out just weeks ago) sucks.

And reminds me that anything I post here is likely to disappear, so I better back things up.

[ Radio and weather geeks, beware! Coastal tropo studies, the 3-hr. Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide, 6-hr. 500 Top-of-Hour IDs, and Chinese FM at www.chriskadlec.comTuner: Grundig G8 • Location: Fremont, Mich. ]

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:23 am

Looks like all of Sunday's and Monday's posts were lost.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:43 am

cckadlec wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:11 am
Yes, HKRROZ al Kuwait took out the forum. You can see his page

Of all the millions(?) of web sites in the world I wonder how and why he found this one to pick on?

I no longer directly engage trolls

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:49 am

Last DB backup was in wee hours of Sunday morning, so unfortunately, posts from Sunday and Monday through about 1PM were lost.

I will be increasing my DB backup frequency to nightly.

I apologize for any posts that were lost.

Will be posting an announcement on this issue early this evening.

Second time in about three years this very hacker has paralyzed the Buzzboard!! My hosting provider had 47 people in the support chat queue last night when I contacted them. I bet other sites hosted on the same VPS were also hacked.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:21 am

I would avoid posting on Middle East issues, just like the HU&E issue. That might be setting them off. Too bad to not have freedom to post, but that is what we have lived with with the HU&E issue for several years, and the ME is much larger. HU&E doesn't have IEDs though, or at least I don't think he does.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Studio87

Post by Studio87 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:26 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:21 am
I would avoid posting on Middle East issues, just like the HU&E issue. That might be setting them off. Too bad to not have freedom to post, but that is what we have lived with with the HU&E issue for several years, and the ME is much larger. HU&E doesn't have IEDs though, or at least I don't think he does.
We should Not Censor ourselves, we shall speak the truth no matter the consequences.

Time to stop corporations from ruining Local TV and Radio

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:29 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:21 am
They're not lurking our posts they're scanning ports. https://blog.ipswitch.com/port-scanning ... at-it-does

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:33 pm

Great info; thank you!

Coincidentally, I use ipswitch's FTP software. Before the malicious code was removed by my web hosting provider, believe it or not, I received a bizarre error message whenever trying to launch ipswitch from my local machine!!!

As soon as the Buzzboard was restored using my most recent backup, ipswitch worked perfectly fine for me again.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:55 pm

Filezilla is safer

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

RingtailedFox

Post by RingtailedFox » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:16 pm

I'd even consider using WinSCP as a backup, in case the other programs misbehave....

~ The Legendary Raccoon-Fox has spoken!

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:36 pm

So are they getting peoples actual names and passwords? I could care less about the posts

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:09 pm

So are they getting peoples actual names and passwords? I could care less about the posts
Not that I'm aware. All password data stored in the database is encrypted.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic