Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Portable Chargers For Cell Phones, Tablets, and Laptops

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
Arthur Mometer

Portable Chargers For Cell Phones, Tablets, and Laptops

Post by Arthur Mometer » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:33 pm

Is there a single universal high capacity portable charger that will charge Apple Smart Phones, Androids, MacBooks, and PC Laptops? Making coffee and toast is optional. :)

"I'm meteorologist Arthur Mometer."

"Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do."

"Lies have to be repeated and repeated to be believed. Truth stands on its own merit."

cckadlec

Re: Portable Chargers For Cell Phones, Tablets, and Laptops

Post by cckadlec » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:05 pm

This is a strange question for an engineering and DXing category. :wink:

[ Radio and weather geeks, beware! Coastal tropo studies, the 3-hr. Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide, 6-hr. 500 Top-of-Hour IDs, and Chinese FM at www.chriskadlec.comTuner: Grundig G8 • Location: Fremont, Mich. ]

Arthur Mometer

Post by Arthur Mometer » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:14 pm

cckadlec wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:05 pm
This is a strange question for an engineering and DXing category. :wink:
That's because engineers are engineers and tend to know the answer to these types of questions. The radio engineers I know fix cars, airplanes, and just about any type of electrical, electronic, or mechanical device. Maybe not every engineer may fix all of these things, but taken as a whole, they do all of these things. I can't say that every station owner, manager, sales executive, program director, music director, announcer, voiceover producer, newsperson, or disk jockey does, although there are exceptions. Does that explain it?

"I'm meteorologist Arthur Mometer."

"Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do."

"Lies have to be repeated and repeated to be believed. Truth stands on its own merit."

cckadlec

Post by cckadlec » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:03 am

It does, very well!! Thanks :razz

And it's quite true. Engineers know a lot of crap that can really help people. It makes me wonder how many engineers actually lurk on this board. We know stations owners are around, because when you badmouth them, they tend to peek their heads out.

[ Radio and weather geeks, beware! Coastal tropo studies, the 3-hr. Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide, 6-hr. 500 Top-of-Hour IDs, and Chinese FM at www.chriskadlec.comTuner: Grundig G8 • Location: Fremont, Mich. ]

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic