Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Being pro-police

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Being pro-police

Post by TC Talks » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:00 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:Punishing him by suspending him for expressing his First Amendment right.
No settlement, they allowed him to not lose his pension if he chose to leave. The union wasn't going to be very vigorous to defend him as he wasn't liked very nuch and really fucked up. Amazingly idiots don't get very far.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Herm

Post by Herm » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:08 am

lovinlife101 wrote:Punishing him by suspending him for expressing his First Amendment right.
Wasn't he drinking in his vehicle?

Herm

Post by Herm » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:25 am

This might be a gray area. The first amendment doesn't necessarily protect you from your employer. If I express views that many find offensive, I don't have to worry about the government restricting my speech but my employer can discipline me if they choose to. It's a gray area because his employer is a public entity. I'm not sure how the courts would view it but it would be an interesting case to follow.

In my opinion, if you fly the "rebel flag" in Michigan, you most likely lack the proper judgement needed to enforce the law.

Bdl

Post by Bdl » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:47 pm

Get a job.

franko75

Post by franko75 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:39 pm

99 percent of police are great people. Lovinlife, why are you afraid of police?

NoozDude

Post by NoozDude » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:35 pm

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:06 pm

Instead of moving this, why not just nuke this thread entirely?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

DAC

Post by DAC » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:02 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:53 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:06 pm
You are a main reason why it should stay.

Calls for violence have no place in our society. You use it. Cops use it. Hitler used it.

I have a better idea. Rise above hate. Don’t try to kill those you disagree with, don’t like, and hate.

Civility is not dead. I’m proof of that.
BULLSHIT. Too bad you can't go back and read your last 18 months worth of posts.

Ronaldski

Post by Ronaldski » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:15 am

Since metalhead refuses to ban LL101 even though we all click the ! In his messages, all he does is derail threads, doesn't add any value and only causes people to be angry for which is the ONLY reason the DOUCHEBAG is even here.

Add em as a FOE, click on his name in a post, then click - Add Foe and click Yes.

Then all the useless not on topic garbage he spews won't be seen unless someone quotes the hot air he spews.

DAC

Post by DAC » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:00 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:18 am
DAC wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:02 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Matt wrote:

Calls for violence have no place in our society. You use it. Cops use it. Hitler used it.

I have a better idea. Rise above hate. Don’t try to kill those you disagree with, don’t like, and hate.

BULLSHIT. Too bad you can't go back and read your last 18 months worth of posts.
Now, see that? That’s not civil. When have you ever seen me use profanity? NEVER!

When have you seen me call for violence or to silence others? NEVER!

However, I still stand up for your freedom of speech, despite your incivility, use of profanity, and ignorance.
Stuff it, 101. You are the most uncivil person on here. You've been rude to everyone for years. Get over yourself.

DAC

Post by DAC » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:01 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:46 pm
DAC wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:00 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:18 am
DAC wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:02 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Matt wrote:

Now, see that? That’s not civil. When have you ever seen me use profanity? NEVER!

When have you seen me call for violence or to silence others? NEVER!

However, I still stand up for your freedom of speech, despite your incivility, use of profanity, and ignorance.
Stuff it, 101. You are the most uncivil person on here. You've been rude to everyone for years. Get over yourself.
“Most uncivil”? Have you read the death threats and profanity lobbed at me? I was asked to be nuked just this week!
Ah, yes. "Last Word 101" lives on. Have you ever wondered what would cause people to be annoyed by you? What could it be? And, yes, you are completely uncivilized. You just think that because you do it eloquently that it's civilized. How many times have you said "Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? I do!", therfore bating the person into saying something about your mother so you can cry foul because your mother has passed? You're not as clever as you think you are.

organman95

Post by organman95 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:08 pm

Good Lord... this thread is insane...

organman95

Post by organman95 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:56 pm

I was going to say 'asinine' but then I'd be pointing fingers ;)

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:30 pm

Anyone know if the state Senate ever took up the above legislation?

I salute the State House for passing this bill overwhelmingly,

The police chief in Roseville is an asshole. It takes a real piece of shit to support the notion of handing out tickets for the horrible act of warming up one's car in their own personal driveway in the middle of winter!!!

What's next - handing out tickets to people who leave bicycles parked in their own driveway or yard? After all, those can be stolen, right? Or how about ticketing people who leave their entryway doors to their homes unlocked? Or people who leave barbecue grills unattended in their backyard?

Evidently, the Roseville police department is so well staffed that they are concocting fake crimes to keep their officers busy. Perhaps it's time to reduce the public safety millage in that town? Glad I don't live there.

By the way, all the morons on city council who approved said statute need to be thrown out on their asses. It's a disgrace that they think it is OK to exploit taxpayers in such a fashion.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:34 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:30 pm

What's next - handing out tickets to people who leave bicycles parked in their own driveway or yard? After all, those can be stolen, right?
Is this an option??? I'd prefer that they confiscate and destroy the bikes. Bikes don't belong on the road, as the hardly ever follow the rules of the road.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic