Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Grayling Rocker

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
Deleted User 4520

Re: Grayling Rocker

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:43 am

I decided to tune in this AM... the first time for this year. Still not liking what I am hearing. The playlist is so obscure I don't recognize the songs. I really miss having the former local country station...Y100 WGRY. This is just awful...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:52 am

Lots of us listening in Traverse City

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

SpartanAM

Post by SpartanAM » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:55 am

The imaging is so piss-poor it's pathetic. If/when this KLT merger happens, I hope they will use KLT's voice guy. Also hope Blarney Stone doesn't gut KLT because I think it's on of the better sounding rock stations out there.

To the hostile invading aliens hovering just beyond Earth's atmosphere, “Eat the Canadians first!”

-R.I.P. Ian Punnett

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:19 am

I'm just not finding it enjoyable. I'll go as far to say the music they play doesn't excite me or keep me interested in listening. I'd really would like to support the local station in which I can see their tower out my front window. But overall I am finding the channels on the FM dial in northern Michigan to be rather inadequate to my listening needs. I find myself listening to online streams from iHeart Radio and TuneIn Radio. Plenty of out of market selections and niche channels I enjoy. I have to face the fact that I'm just not down with a lot of today's music so a lot of what is on the FM dial is rubbish.
TC Talks wrote:Lots of us listening in Traverse City

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:24 am

Agreed. Maybe I should revisit KLT. It's been a while since I've tuned it. Nothing against Blue Oyster Cult, Rush, or Foghat but I don't wanna keep hearing that. I think they should delve into more 80's hair bands as that is kinda the "new" classic rock.
SpartanAM wrote:The imaging is so piss-poor it's pathetic. If/when this KLT merger happens, I hope they will use KLT's voice guy. Also hope Blarney Stone doesn't gut KLT because I think it's on of the better sounding rock stations out there.

organman95

Post by organman95 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:10 pm

TheForce wrote:Agreed. Maybe I should revisit KLT. It's been a while since I've tuned it. Nothing against Blue Oyster Cult, Rush, or Foghat but I don't wanna keep hearing that. I think they should delve into more 80's hair bands as that is kinda the "new" classic rock.
Then what do we call the "old" classic rock?

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:45 pm

Oh I dunno...maybe fossil rock? lol I think there is a shift in what is considered "oldies" and "classic rock" nowadays. As the generations pass, people will have their own idea of what oldies and classic rock are. As a gen-x'er (40), oldies to me now are 80's music while classic rock to me would be from that time frame as well.

Then what do we call the "old" classic rock?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Fossil Rock :lol

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

SaveFerris

Post by SaveFerris » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:41 pm

It's commonly referred to as "dadrock" these days.

Milk

Post by Milk » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:30 pm

SpartanAM wrote:The imaging is so piss-poor it's pathetic. If/when this KLT merger happens, I hope they will use KLT's voice guy. Also hope Blarney Stone doesn't gut KLT because I think it's on of the better sounding rock stations out there.
Isn't KLT's voice guy Tony Scott, who used to be heard on the old WGFM and Westwood One years ago? If BSB replaces him with Q100's voice guy, they'll have hell to pay.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:19 pm

Q100 sounds like a CD player on shuffle.

Very cheap sounding.

They also play a lot of stiffs.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:28 pm

Isn't KLT's voice guy Tony Scott, who used to be heard on the old WGFM and Westwood One years ago?
I never made that connection before - but I believe you are absolutely right!!!

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:18 pm

I think their slogan is outdated... The only place for Rock & Roll does sounds like something out of the 50's.

bobhuge

Post by bobhuge » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:29 am

I enjoy their variety, absolutely. However, I'd classify them more as a classic hits stations, but they would still color outside the lines on that...because not everything they play was a hit.

As a small indie-station in a small market programmer myself, we have found turning the classic rock playlist on its ear really gets listeners excited. Our county based Nielsen numbers have jumped substantially, as well. Additionaly, we are moving the goalposts on the years served to broaden the playlist without widening the sounds too much.

I like WQON, just not as much as WIDL. 😉 😁

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:04 pm

Classic Rock is usually limited to 500 - 800 songs. This playlist is closer to 3000 songs... It's freeform or AOR.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic