Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Conservatives awarded hypocrite accolades

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Conservatives awarded hypocrite accolades

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:27 pm

Bryce, BMW, Matt,

The conservative media would go ape shit over things like this, why is everyone silent?

"Trump lieutenant Newt Gingrich this week proposed an elegant solution for all the conflicts of interest swirling around the president-elect and his team of billionaires: Ignore the law."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 80e8797602

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Re: Conservatives awarded hypocrite accolades

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:21 pm

I heard that Diane Rehm program. It was astounding.

During the final hours of his last day in office, President Clinton went on a pardoning binge, pardoning some of the worst convicted criminals.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:34 pm

TC Talks wrote:Bryce, BMW, Matt,

The conservative media would go ape shit over things like this, why is everyone silent?

"Trump lieutenant Newt Gingrich this week proposed an elegant solution for all the conflicts of interest swirling around the president-elect and his team of billionaires: Ignore the law."

Excuse in 3... 2.... 1...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:22 am

I doubt our conservative posters will respond. Really makes much of their complaints about anything unethical null and void. At least we won't have listen to their whining anymore.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:47 am

Maybe it's a setup to get Mike Pence as president ASAP?

I can't imagine Ted Cruz, John McCain, Rand Paul etc is going to sit back and let this happen.

Gingrich is not Trump,so I would take this with grain of salt. It could be hot air to get Democrats to back off.

As TT pointed out, Clinton used pardons extensively.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:50 am

Yes, and the conservative wackadoos were relentless. My point is where are they now?

― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:15 am

I don't see anyone supporting Gingrich - nothing has happened yet, and Gingrich is not an official spokesperson.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:27 am

Ah yes, Dana Millbank. What a stand-up guy. You should have seen the filthy language he used, trying to reassure his young daughter after the election results came in. Funny, how you brown shirts always throw "billionaires" around as a bad word. How dare these people be successful!

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:30 am

audiophile wrote:I don't see anyone supporting Gingrich - nothing has happened yet, and Gingrich is not an official spokesperson.
Gingrich had another odd moment claiming Drain the swamp was going bye bye officially. Trump said no but it probably is but that wasn't meant as a public statement. Gingrich is definitely in the Trump loop still in some sort of advisory role.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:41 am

Are you saying Gingrich is loopy? :blink

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:01 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:Ah yes, Dana Millbank. What a stand-up guy. You should have seen the filthy language he used, trying to reassure his young daughter after the election results came in. Funny, how you brown shirts always throw "billionaires" around as a bad word. How dare these people be successful!
You're a moron. Where did I suggest this? Should Trump be held to the same standard as other leaders of the nation, or should we just begin the impeachment in January?

If we are no longer a nation of laws (starting with the President) then I will begin plans to disrupt every STL in the state and chalk it up to a small businessman trying to earn a dollar despite all these government regulations.

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:01 am

Repeated, because this guy is so dense..
Colonel Flagg wrote:Ah yes, Dana Millbank. What a stand-up guy. You should have seen the filthy language he used, trying to reassure his young daughter after the election results came in. Funny, how you brown shirts always throw "billionaires" around as a bad word. How dare these people be successful!
You're a moron. Where did I suggest this? Should Trump be held to the same standard as other leaders of the nation, or should we just begin the impeachment in January?

If we are no longer a nation of laws (starting with the President) then I will begin plans to disrupt every STL in the state and chalk it up to a small businessman trying to earn a dollar despite all these government regulations. Wouldn't you agree that these are all our airwaves, and the FCC is just an intrusive government agency preventing me from earning a living?
Last edited by TC Talks on Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:15 am

Gingrich has always talked out of his ass. I have yet to see an official with the incoming administration echo this wacky idea. if they do and if the administration does act this way, then they need to be drained from the festering swamp that is DC. Otherwise, it is Newt The Nut being his "lovable" apeshit self.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:05 pm

TC Talks wrote:Bryce, BMW, Matt,

I would take anything Newt say's with a grain of salt. Trump slapped his dick recently over the "drain the swamp" thing and he was forced to go on several shows and say he was mistaken and that he made a blunder.

The current CIC actually has broken and/or ignored laws. When T Rump does it I will be equally indignant.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:24 pm

TC Talks wrote:why is everyone silent?
Well, the week between Christmas and New Years isn't exactly a week when people pay much attention to politics, myself included.

That said, first a little more balanced article (from CNN) on the full context of Gingrich's comments:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/20/politics/ ... iolations/

Bottom line is, I don't have much to say about a hypothetical situation, before inauguration, from somebody who doesn't hold actual power. If Trump were to carry through with doing this (ie, blanket pardon) there would be SEVERE political consequences to pay.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic