Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WTOL NFL game choices

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
EnbyCee

WTOL NFL game choices

Post by EnbyCee » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:24 pm

(Disclaimer: I have no dog in this fight, I'm a Packers fan. Although Steelers fans annoy the hell out of me)

Last week, the Browns and Lions played separate games that both aired on CBS at 1:00. Although the Browns are having one of the worst seasons in NFL history and the Lions are driving for the NFC North championship, we got the Browns game on WTOL. "This is Browns country, the Browns always have priority on CBS, etc.". This week, the Browns are getting preempted on WTOL.....in favor of the STEELERS, not the Lions. The station essentially said on Facebook "Don't blame us, it's the network's decision.". Strange. I guess the years of Steelers bandwagoning in the 419 may have finally given them top priority around here.

Fuck Canada.

EnbyCee

Re: WTOL NFL game choices

Post by EnbyCee » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:07 am

mtburb wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:43 pm
Newer posts in this thread were lost in the purge, so I'm again bumping this to describe in detail how this happened.

First off, Toledo is a secondary market for only one NFL team--the Lions. This according to this list posted on an archived version of 506sports.com:
Arizona: Tucson
Atlanta: none
Baltimore: Washington, Salisbury, Harrisburg PA
Buffalo: Rochester, Syracuse, Erie PA
Carolina: Greensboro, Raleigh, Florence SC, Columbia SC, Spartanburg SC
Chicago: Rockford, South Bend
Cincinnati: Dayton, Lexington KY
Cleveland: Youngstown
Dallas: Sherman, Wichita Falls, Waco, Tyler
Denver: Colorado Springs
Detroit: Flint/Saginaw, Lansing, Toledo
Green Bay: Milwaukee, Wausau
Houston: Beaumont, Bryan
Indianapolis: Fort Wayne, Lafayette, Terre Haute
Jacksonville: Orlando, Gainesville, Savannah GA
Kansas City: Topeka KS
Miami: West Palm Beach, Fort Myers
Minnesota: Mankato, Rochester MN, Mason City IA
New England: Providence
New Orleans: Baton Rouge, Biloxi MS
NY Giants/NY Jets: none
Oakland/San Francisco: Sacramento, Monterey
Philadelphia: Harrisburg, Scranton
Pittsburgh: Altoona, Wheeling WV, Clarksburg WV, Youngstown OH
St. Louis: Cape Girardeau, Jefferson City, Columbia
San Diego: Los Angeles, Palm Springs
Seattle: none
Tampa Bay: Orlando
Tennessee: Chattanooga, Jackson TN, Bowling Green KY
Washington: Baltimore
This is even despite signals of Toledo's stations reaching within the 75-mile circle from First Energy Stadium in addition to Ford Field. Because of this, WTOL must, whenever possible, air (at most minimum) all Browns road games, while WUPW must, whenever possible, air all Lions games.
Uh, there is absolutely no rule saying WTOL MUST air ANY Browns games. Did you not read the original post on this thread? They USUALLY air the Browns because they are popular, but they chose not to 2 years ago because the Browns' season was lost. What's odd is that since then they did a 180 on edging towards favoring the Steelers and a few weeks ago they aired a Bengals game over the Steelers here.

Fuck Canada.

EnbyCee

Post by EnbyCee » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:16 am

JackAttack FM wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:09 pm
EnbyCee wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:24 pm
(Disclaimer: I have no dog in this fight, I'm a Packers fan. Although Steelers fans annoy the hell out of me)

Last week, the Browns and Lions played separate games that both aired on CBS at 1:00. Although the Browns are having one of the worst seasons in NFL history and the Lions are driving for the NFC North championship, we got the Browns game on WTOL. "This is Browns country, the Browns always have priority on CBS, etc.". This week, the Browns are getting preempted on WTOL.....in favor of the STEELERS, not the Lions. The station essentially said on Facebook "Don't blame us, it's the network's decision.". Strange. I guess the years of Steelers bandwagoning in the 419 may have finally given them top priority around here.
Dude, I'm sorry but, none of this makes sense.

The December 9th. (Week 13) Chicago @ NY Giants and LA Rams @ Detroit were both 1pm games and were on FOX. Not CBS.

The Cleveland @ Houston game aired on CBS (WTOL 11) as scheduled.

When you say "This week" do you mean the weekend you posted or the coming weekend?

Because Week 15 the Cleveland @ Denver game aired on the NFL Network Saturday at 8pm December 15th.
The New England @ Pittsburgh game was the late CBS game on Sunday, 16th, and aired nationwide.

And Week 16, December 23rd, the Cincinnati @ Cleveland game is the first CBS game (scheduled for Toledo) and then the Pittsburgh @ New Orleans game is nationwide on the second CBS game.
The Lions game is on FOX.
Thanks Einstein, glad we're regurgitating old threads from 2 years ago for whatever reason. Try having a longer attention span than a goldfish and reading closely before you post.

Fuck Canada.

EnbyCee

Post by EnbyCee » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:19 am

G G wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:50 pm
People still watch the anti American football games?
Nah, this was originally posted 2 years ago. I watch old Lawrence Welk shows on Sundays now instead of giving any attention to those commonist Negro football players.

Fuck Canada.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic