Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

If no one gets 270?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

If no one gets 270?

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:05 pm

It looks like a coup may be in the works. Here's how it plays out:

1) Republican members of the Electoral College horrified by the past few week's performance by Donald Trump vote for Kasich.

2) Neither party gets a majority of the Electoral votes

3) Congress gets to elect a President and Democrats concede that the GOP won, thus a majority of Congress votes for Kasich.

It's been brought up here already but politico suggests that it is gaining steam. Let's hope the bat shit Tweets keep coming.

Rogue electors brief Clinton camp on anti-Trump plan Kasich emerges as the group's alternative Electoral College pick.

By Kyle Cheney and Gabriel Debenedetti

12/05/16 12:05 PM EST

Advocates of the long-shot bid to turn the Electoral College against Donald Trump have been in contact with close allies of Hillary Clinton, according to multiple sources familiar with the discussions, but the Clinton camp — and Clinton herself — have declined to weigh in on the merits of the plan.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Re: If no one gets 270?

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:56 am

Trump is going to be the next President. Deal with it, the rest of us have. If he loses more than 2-3 electors, I will be shocked.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:36 am

TC Talks wrote:It looks like a coup may be in the works. Here's how it plays out:

1) Republican members of the Electoral College horrified by the past few week's performance by Donald Trump vote for Kasich.

2) Neither party gets a majority of the Electoral votes

3) Congress gets to elect a President and Democrats concede that the GOP won, thus a majority of Congress votes for Kasich.

It's been brought up here already but politico suggests that it is gaining steam. Let's hope the bat shit Tweets keep coming.

Rogue electors brief Clinton camp on anti-Trump plan Kasich emerges as the group's alternative Electoral College pick.

By Kyle Cheney and Gabriel Debenedetti

12/05/16 12:05 PM EST

Advocates of the long-shot bid to turn the Electoral College against Donald Trump have been in contact with close allies of Hillary Clinton, according to multiple sources familiar with the discussions, but the Clinton camp — and Clinton herself — have declined to weigh in on the merits of the plan.
I've heard a version of this involving all the Democrats and 38 Republicans going for Romney... I wouldn't count on it but stranger things have happened. This would be using the system as it was meant to be used.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:01 pm

Thanks for the chuckle. I am not sure who's more pathetic, the hysterical liberal moonbats on the left, or the Rinos on the right who can't figure out why John Kasich and Jeb Bush were rejected. Either way, rave on. I love every minute of it.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:44 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:Thanks for the chuckle. I am not sure who's more pathetic, the hysterical liberal moonbats on the left, or the Rinos on the right who can't figure out why John Kasich and Jeb Bush were rejected. Either way, rave on. I love every minute of it.
No chuckle intended... when I say it was designed to have interventions I'm dead serious.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:Thanks for the chuckle. I am not sure who's more pathetic, the hysterical liberal moonbats on the left, or the Rinos on the right who can't figure out why John Kasich and Jeb Bush were rejected. Either way, rave on. I love every minute of it.
Yet, that is why we have an Electoral College. To keep the unwashed masses from crippling our country.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:24 pm

OK. So bring me up to speed, because the mechanics of what y'all are talking about is something I didn't realize could happen.
Can the Electoral College just vote for whoever they want? I know Kasich was in the primaries, but Romney too?
He didn't even run for office at all.
(these are could they, not would they questions).
Thanks.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:33 pm

Circle Seven wrote:OK. So bring me up to speed, because the mechanics of what y'all are talking about is something I didn't realize could happen.
Can the Electoral College just vote for whoever they want? I know Kasich was in the primaries, but Romney too?
He didn't even run for office at all.
(these are could they, not would they questions).
Thanks.
They absolutely could... they'd be faithless but nothing more... maybe small fines in some states for voting against the candidate they were bound to... the election of 1876 or 1880 offers an interesting example of what can happen. Horse trading and a President that lost the popular vote got in via congress in exchange for stuff... things can get hairy but that's what happens when you are V 1.0 of Democracy, nobody really perfected the thing...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:28 pm

It does not matter whether the electors are horrified by Trump's latest example of NPD and therefore change their votes.

Why?

Because top leaders in The People's Republic of China are even more horrified. And they are not about to allow a tinhorn dictator wannabe - soon running the USA and the rest of the free world - to mess up everything they like about the compromised, stable, and for them advantageous status quo.

At first the Chinese were amused by Trump's pre-arranged telephone conversation with Taiwan's leader - no matter who put in the call or who was waiting to pick up. However within 72 hours the PRC realized Trump was certifiable unstable and dangerous - and they saw this display of his wrecklessness and tweeted followups as a fortuitous rehearsal and warning of exactly how he will govern.

The PRC will not allow a pipsqueak populist whom most Americans oppose and who will destabilize the world - to take the reins of power for long. They know his vice president is more of a conventional conservative, and they will see to it that Pence is the man who steps into the driver's seat.

And when they incapacitate Trump so that he's no longer able to exact his will - it will be done in such a way that nobody will find evidence of China's plot - or its quiet, untracable, highly effective execution.

China is too powerful and too ambitious to not conclude that it's easier to nip this problem in the bud than allow it to reach full bloom. They simply have too much fortune on the line, and they understand Trump is mocked, feared, and detested by most people in his own country.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:40 pm

screen glare wrote:It does not matter whether the electors are horrified by Trump's latest example of NPD and therefore change their votes.

Why?

Because top leaders in The People's Republic of China are even more horrified. And they are not about to allow a tinhorn dictator wannabe - soon running the USA and the rest of the free world - to mess up everything they like about the compromised, stable, and for them advantageous status quo.

At first the Chinese were amused by Trump's pre-arranged telephone conversation with Taiwan's leader - no matter who put in the call or who was waiting to pick up. However within 72 hours the PRC realized Trump was certifiable unstable and dangerous - and they saw this display of his wrecklessness and tweeted followups as a fortuitous rehearsal and warning of exactly how he will govern.

The PRC will not allow a pipsqueak populist whom most Americans oppose and who will destabilize the world - to take the reins of power for long. They know his vice president is more of a conventional conservative, and they will see to it that Pence is the man who steps into the driver's seat.

And when they incapacitate Trump so that he's no longer able to exact his will - it will be done in such a way that nobody will find evidence of China's plot - or its quiet, untracable, highly effective execution.

China is too powerful and too ambitious to not conclude that it's easier to nip this problem in the bud than allow it to reach full bloom. They simply have too much fortune on the line, and they understand Trump is mocked, feared, and detested by most people in his own country.
They never liked it and most certainly were not amused... they also didn't go through this much trouble to come to that conclusion...

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:55 am

Not the smartest to suggest that the President-Elect, soon to be President could or should be taken out sg.

If the electoral college goes against the will of the people there will be riots.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:11 am

Matt wrote: If the electoral college goes against the will of the people there will be riots.
Good, then we can mace and water cannon the deplorables instead of native Americans. Just avoid WalMart, Dollar General and Cracker Barrel and you should be fine.

― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:44 am

Matt wrote:Not the smartest to suggest that the President-Elect, soon to be President could or should be taken out sg.

If the electoral college goes against the will of the people there will be riots.
Well over 2,000,000 more people chose Clinton over Trump.

Will of the people? Don't make me laugh!

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:44 am

Matt wrote:Not the smartest to suggest that the President-Elect, soon to be President could or should be taken out sg.

Well over 2,000,000 more people chose Clinton over Trump.

Will of the people? Don't make me laugh!

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:19 am

The recounts, if they continue, will show how voter fraud in big cities accounts for those 2,000,000 Democrat votes and then some. They usually don't recount big cities because they carry many states and Democrats always win those states. This has been going on for years. The excuse was always that the big city precincts were so large, and it took longer to count the votes. But the precincts are really no larger, and many cities are declining in population in those older precincts. So that excuse for turning in the results late was probably never true. And a 95% turnout, or a 105% turnout is highly suspicious, when typical voter turnout is so much lower. Why this has not been investigated before is what should really be the issue. But if they don't stop the recounts all of this will be exposed. Trump would be proved right about the 2,000,000 votes. The people in denial are the ones that refused to see the anger about how the country is being run outside the cities. It was clear in Michigan. People just didn't want to talk about it for fear of being shouted down, beat up, or even murdered.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic