Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Can I gloat now?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Can I gloat now?

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:18 pm

Almost!

Just one more state to go.

:rollin

Hey NS - who is "grasping for straws" now?

Matt

Re: Can I gloat now?

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:20 pm

bmw wrote:Almost!

Win with class, or at least wait until the win happens.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:21 pm

bmw wrote:Almost!

I wouldn't say one more... but point well taken... it looks like the theme of a brexit style vote is coming true here.... the established financial and political institutions are terrified right now as are most of the leaders of the world...

And yes don't count your chickens...

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:23 pm

I took loads and loads of grief for months in here for my predictions. I'm gloating.

btw - Vegas has Trump at 94% to win as of now.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:24 pm

bmw wrote:I took loads and loads of grief for months in here for my predictions. I'm gloating.

btw - Vegas has Trump at 94% to win as of now.
It looks very likely at this point... the polls bombed...

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:27 pm

No you just weren't paying attention to the right polls. The IBD was the most accurate poll in 2012, and it has consistently had Trump +2 for the past 10 days. That was the poll to watch.

The one thing polls missed that I saw was the energy at Trump rallies. He managed to increase turnout in lots of small rural counties.

Also....how long before some democrat politician blames this solely on James Comey?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:28 pm

I think rural America said they had enough of being hosed.

I personally am pretty PO'd about some regulations Clinton foisted upon us in an EO, so seeing her lose doesn't hurt my feelings.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:48 pm

bmw wrote:No you just weren't paying attention to the right polls. The IBD was the most accurate poll in 2012, and it has consistently had Trump +2 for the past 10 days. That was the poll to watch.

The one thing polls missed that I saw was the energy at Trump rallies. He managed to increase turnout in lots of small rural counties.

Also....how long before some democrat politician blames this solely on James Comey?
IBD was split... Trump had it with Johnson... Clinton head to head...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:37 am

BMW, you nailed it! I tip my cap to you. You were unwavering and proven correct.

I said two years ago the Dems would regret it if HRC were their nominee. I thought in recent months, though, that Trump's foibles would catch up with him on election day. I was wrong.

Here's a couple interesting stats - Obama's favorable rating is 54 percent. Hillary still lost anyway!

Union households gave Trump the victory. They often vote almost 2 to 1 Democrat. Yesterday, they split 50/50. Not nearly as many Hispanics voted for HRC as expected, either, which is surprising. Suppressed turnout by them helped Trump.

Hillary underperformed expectations with white college degreed individuals, too.

I will say this - Trump's victory speech set the right tone. Hillary was a sore loser by refusing to speak.

Cannot help but wonder what would've happened if Sanders were the Democratic nominee.

I think the results are a rejection of machine politics and cronyism more than anything. I do not necessarily believe it's a repudiation of Obama.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:47 am

Congratulations to Donald Trump and Mike Pence. With Hillary losing America Won.....I may stop smiling in a week or two...

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:40 am

MWmetalhead wrote:BMW, you nailed it! I tip my cap to you. You were unwavering and proven correct.

Once upon a time many months ago I said to my wife Hilary could never win because as Americans we would need a MILF to be be our first female president. I half believed it at the time but yesterday morning I was ready to concede I was wrong...I was wrong to think I was wrong. Image

I voted yesterday around 3:30. It was not all that busy at my precinct. Then I went when my wife voted at 6:00Pm and the place was practically empty. As we left my wife and I wondered if that was a good sign for Trump. Ann Arbor would be expected to vote heavily for Hilary....or.....not vote at all.

I no longer directly engage trolls

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:42 am

I think the nice little rain shower dampened the turnout in the urban areas with lines.

Out in rural areas the lines never have extended outside.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

windsor

Post by windsor » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:25 am

Congrats to my Michigan blood brothers on seeing the light out of the darkness of the Clinton crime family.

Finally the white working class, the silent majority that have been the doormat of the media,the radical left and the pimps and whores in DC who never got their hands dirty a day in their life have said enough is enough.

Bye Bye Hillary!!!!!!!!!!

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:14 am

windsor wrote:Congrats to my Michigan blood brothers on seeing the light out of the darkness of the Clinton crime family.

Finally the white working class, the silent majority that have been the doormat of the media,the radical left and the pimps and whores in DC who never got their hands dirty a day in their life have said enough is enough.

Bye Bye Hillary!!!!!!!!!!

Might be a one and done though... we shall see... we are in uncharted territory now...

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:16 am

MWmetalhead wrote:BMW, you nailed it! I tip my cap to you. You were unwavering and proven correct...

I think the results are a rejection of machine politics and cronyism more than anything. I do not necessarily believe it's a repudiation of Obama.
I largely agree on your analysis with regards to Obama. But I think there was some degree of repudiation of his policies, even though people like him personally.

I know everybody thought that Cruz, Rubio, or Kasich would have had a much better chance against Hillary than Trump did. In the end, is that really the case? Would Rubio or Cruz have taken the combination of Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin? I'm not so sure. Trump opened up the republican tent in ways no other republican would have even tried, and it paid off big time. His performance in the so-called "rust belt" is nothing short of astonishing.

And hats off to him and his people for seeing their openings in PA and MI and focusing the campaign there instead of trying to stitch together the small-state route of Colorado and Nevada. From Day 1 Trump I think always saw his path to the WH going through MI and PA. And those efforts clearly spilled over into Wisconsin and Minnesota.

Make no mistake about it - the republican party has changed DRASTICALLY overnight. This has to secretly be a nightmare for all the never-Trump or lukewarm Trump republicans who won Congressional seats. Trump won DESPITE them, so when various policies come up for debate and internal negotiation within the party, especially those that Trump supports that many republican politicians do not, that could be interesting. The political reality is that if republicans want to continue to be relevant in the future, it will be by appealing to rust belt blue collar workers and keeping those states in the red column.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic