Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bernie beat Hillary in Michigan...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Bernie beat Hillary in Michigan...

Post by bmw » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:28 pm

...despite trailing by 27 in the polls.

Just sayin' :hat

Matt

Re: Bernie beat Hillary in Michigan...

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:31 pm

bmw wrote:...despite trailing by 27 in the polls.

Internals have to have it much closer. Both campaigns are spending lots of valuable time here.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:42 pm

Even in the public polling, Hillary hasn't broken out of the mid-40s here. The challenger always has a theoretical chance then the incumbent party is polling at under 50.

I still think Michigan is a waste of time and resources for Trump, but who knows. I can't believe the amount of TV advertising he has bought. He even bought what had to be an expensive 2-minute spot near the end of the Lions game. Did you see it? It is the only time I've seen it run. I thought it was a good commercial.

Hillary also spending a ton on tv ads, though all she seems to be going after is Trump's potty mouth. All negative negative negative.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:49 pm

bmw wrote:
Hillary also spending a ton on tv ads, though all she seems to be going after is Trump's potty mouth. All negative negative negative.
What's she gonna run as a positive ad? "Hi, I'm Hillary Clinton. I didn't get indicted!"

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:53 pm

bmw wrote:Even in the public polling, Hillary hasn't broken out of the mid-40s here. The challenger always has a theoretical chance then the incumbent party is polling at under 50.

I still think Michigan is a waste of time and resources for Trump, but who knows. I can't believe the amount of TV advertising he has bought. He even bought what had to be an expensive 2-minute spot near the end of the Lions game. Did you see it? It is the only time I've seen it run. I thought it was a good commercial.

Why run positive? There's too much stuff from The Donald to need to run positive...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:17 pm

Bryce wrote:
bmw wrote:
What's she gonna run as a positive ad? "Hi, I'm Hillary Clinton. I didn't get indicted!"
OR

I'm better than my husband..

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:27 pm

Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:...despite trailing by 27 in the polls.

Internals have to have it much closer. Both campaigns are spending lots of valuable time here.
It could also be feigning weakness to distract Trump... Get him to waste money and time on a lost cause... it's an old old trick...

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:09 pm

NS8401 wrote:It could also be feigning weakness to distract Trump... Get him to waste money and time on a lost cause... it's an old old trick...
Certainly possible. But don't think that Hillary's campaign has forgotten about blowing a 27-point lead here. That should be enough to make any candidate nervous and spend some money.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:20 pm

They aren't running anything worth a darn. Just half-bleeped Trump clip.

Trump ad's are fairly are positive.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:49 pm

audiophile wrote:They aren't running anything worth a darn. Just half-bleeped Trump clip.
Yeah, if I hear Trump tell somebody to go *bleep* themselves one more time....

Seriously though, the Hillary campaign had so much Trump source material to pick from, I'm a little surprised they're not more creative with their ads here.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:10 pm

NS8401 wrote:
bmw wrote:Even in the public polling, Hillary hasn't broken out of the mid-40s here. The challenger always has a theoretical chance then the incumbent party is polling at under 50.

Why run positive? There's too much stuff from The Donald to need to run positive...
She could run ads saying why she deserves to sit at the desk her husband got his pecker sucked at. Technically, that would be advocating for her.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:10 pm

NS8401 wrote:

She could run ads saying why she deserves to sit at the desk her husband got his pecker sucked at. Technically, that would be advocating for her.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:17 pm

bmw wrote:
audiophile wrote:They aren't running anything worth a darn. Just half-bleeped Trump clip.
Yeah, if I hear Trump tell somebody to go *bleep* themselves one more time....

Seriously though, the Hillary campaign had so much Trump source material to pick from, I'm a little surprised they're not more creative with their ads here.
Clinton creative? That's an oxymoron.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:29 pm

Hillary will win. Count on it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:26 am

Trump took the early-voting hamlets in NH...32 to 24...

Gary Johnson 1
Mitt Romney 1
John Kasich 1

Bernie Sanders 3

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11 ... towns.html

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic