Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Yard Sign Poll

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Y M Ionhere

Re: Yard Sign Poll

Post by Y M Ionhere » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:04 pm

I was surprised at how many Trump signs I saw in Warren, a city I thought overwhelmingly slanted toward Union Democrats. I was surprised to see a few in Madison Heights, too. In 2008, it was entirely Democratic, and I dont recall any McCain signs. A few months ago, Ferndale had Bernie signs on every block, but Hilary signs are not as popular.
Right now, Huntington Woods holds the record for Hillary signs.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:16 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:I was surprised at how many Trump signs I saw in Warren, a city I thought overwhelmingly slanted toward Union Democrats. I was surprised to see a few in Madison Heights, too. In 2008, it was entirely Democratic, and I dont recall any McCain signs. A few months ago, Ferndale had Bernie signs on every block, but Hilary signs are not as popular.
Right now, Huntington Woods holds the record for Hillary signs.
One wonders how much the stereotypical blue collar workers really still exist in places like Warren... I think the population there may skew older and that may be a big factor...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:18 am

I've seen a decent number of Trump signs in Warren. No shocker; this is hillbilly heaven.

I've also spotted a few Hillary signs.

I think Trump will win Macomb County.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:36 am

There are loads and of local signs in Traverse City proper. I can only think of one Trump sign, and and 6 Hillary signs. None on my street. I think people feel endorsing H or T would have a lasting impact on neighbor relations.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:13 pm

I was just in Clawson, where a decade ago Democratic signs were about all I saw. I drove through a few neighborhoods and took count.
Not many Presidential candidate signs for the most part. Primarily local elections, where Democrat Cyndi Peltonen absolutely rules in terms of sign quantity.
Of the Presidential signs I saw, 7 were for Trump, 5 were for Clinton (plus a house where the sole car in the driveway had Clinton stickers). However, 3 or 4 of the Trump signs were on a 2 block stretch of Park Street. That one street basically evened things out to a near tie.
If you add up the Peltonen and Meisner signs, Clawson is still likely majority-Democrat.
Up in Troy I notice a lot of Anil Kumar signs, which we can cautiously assume will also translate to clinton votes. Many, though, are placed on street corners with other signs.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:32 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:I've seen a decent number of Trump signs in Warren. No shocker; this is hillbilly heaven.

I've also spotted a few Hillary signs.

I think Trump will win Macomb County.
I rarely ever go east of Warren. I'm really curious to see how Roseville or Clinton Township are signwise. Roseville has always struck me as being very "blue dog" democratic- pro-union, but also very pro-NRA. But those kinds of moderates are becoming more scarce. Demographically, Clinton Township seems split between Warren/Roseville -like working class and more north Macomb White-collar.

Eastpointe is heavily (and growing) African-American which statistically works in Clintons favor.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:04 pm

I think Trump's campaign rhetoric on Trade and Illegal Immigration, harsh critiques of the "establishment," along with this take-no-prisoners speaking style with go over very well with many union households in Macomb County.

Oakland County is a different story.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:57 pm

Hazel Park- Very anti-republican, with a bit of gentrification lately from the farther left Bernie Sanders Independants moving in alongside the Clinton democrats. I spotted 3 Trump signs on 1 block. There was another about a street over.
4 years ago I think there were 2 Romney signs within a 5 block radius. Add to that, the sightings in Madison Heights and Clawson where I havent seen Republican signs at all in previous elections, and I have to think that much of Trumps strength is with voters who may not be traditional Republicans or affiliated with any party. His poll numbers are way down from McCain and Romney but sign presence is greater in more unlikely neighborhoods.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:57 pm

I've spotted the first 'hospital' sign in my county.

I should pull in and ask what medical treatments they offer. :lol

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:59 pm

In Lapeer today I saw some signs saying "vote for nobody". I can see where voters are would react this way. Saw more Trump signs than Clinton.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:20 pm

On our way to and from the St. Clair River, through northern Macomb, there were countless Trump signs on 26 Mile, 28 Mile / New Haven Rd, and along M-29, in both Macomb and St. Clair. Not one Hillary sign.

In my Bloomfield Township subdivision, there are probably a dozen Trump signs, and one Hillary sign.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:33 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:On our way to and from the St. Clair River, through northern Macomb, there were countless Trump signs on 26 Mile, 28 Mile / New Haven Rd, and along M-29, in both Macomb and St. Clair. Not one Hillary sign.

In my Bloomfield Township subdivision, there are probably a dozen Trump signs, and one Hillary sign.
His supporters are a tad more fervent... at least that's what I'm figuring...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:51 pm

Here, in the Tampa Bay area, you would hardly know there is an election on. Signs are scarce. I've seen only a few for Trump and some that say "Hillary for Prison."

The Tampa Bay Times did a story on it. They said the community is so divided, people are afraid to put out signs lest a neighbour might vandalize their property. A sad day for democracy.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:01 pm

This is what happens they run Bubba's Love Sponge and a Howard Stern wannabe

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:37 am

There is a Trump sign on Liberty in Ann Arbor. He is now tied with Gary Johnson and common property criminal Jill Stein.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic