Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

BREXIT COOKS TRUMP'S GOOSE

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

BREXIT COOKS TRUMP'S GOOSE

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:08 pm

Trump brags Brexit foreshadows similar sentiment here - heading his royal arse into the presidency. However Brits realize too late they were duped by the LEAVE campaign - relying on its empty promises.

Now - days later - those lies fuel Regrexit. Helping Trump voters see what's in store for America if fearful lies propel Trump into the White House. God save the queen and God save the USA.

audiophile

Re: BREXIT COOKS TRUMP'S GOOSE

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:15 pm

How about #Renegotiate it?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:19 pm

screen glare wrote:Trump brags Brexit foreshadows similar sentiment here - heading his royal arse into the presidency. However Brits realize too late they were duped by the LEAVE campaign - relying on its empty promises.

Now - days later - those lies fuel Regrexit. Helping Trump voters see what's in store for America if fearful lies propel Trump into the White House. God save the queen and God save the USA.
I don't know about all that but his goose is burned now anyways regardless of this...

Regrexit isn't that big anyways... The voters will was done in Britain.

We don't have that kind of situation here...
Last edited by Deleted User 8570 on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:40 pm

audiophile wrote:How about #Renegotiate it?

The voters didn't ask for renegotiation. They want out.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:39 pm

But some who wanted out now see they were hoodwinked. And they regret allowing emotion to whip them into a frenzy of anti-immigration xenophobia. Most of them voted with passion to leave without carefully weighing all of the other risks of leaving. Like a serious, long lasting economic downturn.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:44 pm

Britt's were tired of their county, culture and way of life being fundamentally transformed. I visit Great Britain somewhat frequently. It's no longer so great and many places aren't at all British. Britt's want their country back and are tired of supporting other EU members.

The same sentiment rings true with many Americans. Unfortunately, T Rump is the wrong facilitator.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:27 am

You underline my point. Feeling tired of seeing, hearing, and interacting with non-whites is not a good reason to Brexit. Instead try some psychological counseling or sensitivity training or more education.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:03 am

screen glare wrote:You underline my point. Feeling tired of seeing, hearing, and interacting with non-whites is not a good reason to Brexit. Instead try some psychological counseling or sensitivity training or more education.
People naturally like being with their own groups... Always have. Becoming multicultural is really a grand new experiment. I don't think it's been tried on this scale in human history...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:11 am

That's what Obama was talking about when at Stanford last week referring to the challenges of globalization.

Reagan said an invasion of space aliens might be one of the only things that could make people drop their fears of each other and come together to protect their earthly home and each other.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:25 am

screen glare wrote:You underline my point. Feeling tired of seeing, hearing, and interacting with non-whites is not a good reason to Brexit. Instead try some psychological counseling or sensitivity training or more education.
It has nothing to do with seeing or interacting with people of different skin colors. It has everything to do with people not only failing to embrace the culture and customs of their new home, but making every effort to eliminate those customs, culture, and way of life.

It's really no different than if you invited people into your home and they tried to change or dictate your established behavior to suit their wants and desires.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:34 am

I don't think the culture of Mexico, Canada, Latin America, or Europe clashes that badly with those in the US.

The middle-east culture clashes much worse, and there are definitely problems with assimilation in France, England and Holland.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

jry

Post by jry » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:26 pm

I don't know how this cooks his goose, Trump was the only one in the race that called this one correctly.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:22 pm

Because when it comes to fear-based lies meant to persuade one race or ethnicity to turn on another - Trump wrote the book. A well worn technique of demagogues seeking more power.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic