Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Cruz Campaign is Done

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Cruz Campaign is Done

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 03, 2016 8:00 pm

Condescending Carly was cancer to Cruz in Indiana. Quite surprised by Trump's margin so far. I'm not sure if the precinct count thus far is lopsided or well balanced. I'd expect Trump to fare better in the big cities and Cruz to fare better in the rural counties and southern part of the state.

If Trump wins by 15+ points, I don't see how Cruz recovers unless Trump gets embroiled in an embarrassing scandal.

I think Carly hurt Cruz.

I also think Bobby Knight's endorsement helped Trump considerably (Hoosiers are stupid).

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 03, 2016 8:17 pm

Cruz is gonna speak soon? Is he going to drop out?

As far as Fiorina, I don't think it is why Cruz lost. I think his deal with Kasich hurt him far worse.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 03, 2016 8:20 pm

I still think Cruz would have lost tonight sans Carly, but I think the margin of defeat would've been narrower.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue May 03, 2016 8:44 pm

Bye bye asshole

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 03, 2016 9:04 pm

What Lester is saying is Cruz just suspended his campaign. :)

I couldn't last thru Cruz's long-winded speech. Flipped the channel after first five minutes. Turned back 40 minutes later to learn he dropped out (after Carly spewed a load of B.S. to the contrary making weird "warrior" references).

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 03, 2016 9:10 pm

As soon as Carly took the podium I had a gut feeling Cruz was going to drop out.

Interesting that the Podium they spoke in front of said Cruz/Fiorina 2016.

So now the million dollar question - how many of the "Anybody but Trump" republicans will show up at the polls in November and vote for Trump?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 03, 2016 9:11 pm

Was it supposed to say Trump\Christie ?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 03, 2016 9:15 pm

What will Kasich do now? He'd be insane to continue.

I give Cruz credit for leaving the race with class. He could've continued out of spite and chose not to.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 03, 2016 9:36 pm

Cruz will be back in 2020. He'll only be 49...

Kasich should run independent, stat. Ok, maybe I'm kidding.

Cruz did leave with class, something Kasich should done in March.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue May 03, 2016 9:50 pm

bmw wrote:
So now the million dollar question - how many of the "Anybody but Trump" republicans will show up at the polls in November and vote for Trump?
Congratulations beamer, you asked the correct question.

The answer is: not too many.
Tons of old line GOP types aren't even bothering to go to Cleveland (slightly understandable by virtue of the words "go to Cleveland", but I digress) where the biggest work to do is drink other people's liquor and dine on other people's dime. So why should there be any expectation they do anything but sit at home in November?

John McCain has as much as said he's voting for Hilary, and there will be more just like him. The fundamentalists will sit this out and I suspect the hard core tea baggers will take a pass too.

Rush, Hannity and Billo will go full blowtorch anytime now but they don't have the pull they once did and if we remember our reading assignment from earlier this year they already sold out their base. It will be all smoke, no fire.

At the end of the day I hope everyone gets used to the phrase Madam President.

BTW - thanks for the translation MW. I thought the noun "asshole" was clue enough. :hat

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 03, 2016 9:58 pm

Cruz did not exit with class, IMO. Not once did he congratulate Trump on his victory. I got the impression listening to his otherwise boring speech that he will not support Trump and that he will even continue to fight against Trump. I think he will do this not because he thinks that is what is good for the country, but because he's a sore loser.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 03, 2016 10:00 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:So why should there be any expectation they do anything but sit at home in November?
Simple answer. Supreme Court vacancies. Trump or Hillary could end up being a 4-year President, but the impact of their Supreme Court nominations could last a lifetime.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 03, 2016 10:08 pm

bmw wrote:Cruz did not exit with class, IMO. Not once did he congratulate Trump on his victory. I got the impression listening to his otherwise boring speech that he will not support Trump and that he will even continue to fight against Trump. I think he will do this not because he thinks that is what is good for the country, but because he's a sore loser.
Trump called him Lyin' Ted everyday for months, and implied today his dad was involved with JFK's murder -- and you expect to congratulate him for being a pig vomit of man?

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 03, 2016 10:10 pm

audiophile wrote:
bmw wrote:Cruz did not exit with class, IMO. Not once did he congratulate Trump on his victory. I got the impression listening to his otherwise boring speech that he will not support Trump and that he will even continue to fight against Trump. I think he will do this not because he thinks that is what is good for the country, but because he's a sore loser.
Trump called him Lyin' Ted everyday for months, and implied today his dad was involved with JFK's murder -- and you expect to congratulate him for being a pig vomit of man?
+1

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 03, 2016 10:17 pm

Oh please. The insults have been flying both ways for months. Cruz is far from being a saint in this regard. Just yesterday Cruz called Trump a "pathological liar."

Leaving with class requires you congratulate the winner.

PS - Trump did just congratulate Cruz on being a "hell of a competitor."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic