Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Cruz Campaign is Done

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Cruz Campaign is Done

Post by bmw » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:28 pm

MW - that ship has long since sailed. The time to do that was when Trump could still be stopped.

To do it now would just look like desperation, just like his pact with Kasich. And when you do things out of desperation at this point, all that will do is alienate Trump's voters. Trump at least has a chance of beating Hillary in the general. Cruz, were he to get the nomination, would get swept almost as badly as Mondale did in 1984 since a SUBSTANTIAL chunk of Trump voters would stay home AND independents would largely vote for Hillary. Cruz staying in the race at this point, IMO, is actually hurting the republican party.

The Fiorina announcement is like throwing a hail mary after the team that just beat you already went back to the locker room.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:59 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:If I'm Ted Cruz and I want to do a takedown of Donald Trump, why not go after...

...his Atlantic City bankruptcies.
...Trump University.

If I were Ted Cruz or his campaign staff, I'd be all over Trump University like flies on shit. Mr. Cruz is a highly accomplished attorney and a legal scholar. Surely, he could find the "juicy" parts of the legal pleadings and share them with the entire country. Maybe he's waiting for the right time to strike. Perhaps he feels that's immediately before the California primary.
Now that he has Carly, she can pound on Trump day and night, and the fact she is woman it will not look good if Donald fires back.

The tolerance level for Donald knocking woman is low since he already has horrible ratings among women.

At least Cruz has his stuff in order picking a VP - Trump won't even release his friggin' tax returns and is being sued for fraud on convention day...
Last edited by audiophile on Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:25 pm

audiophile wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:If I'm Ted Cruz and I want to do a takedown of Donald Trump, why not go after...

...Trump University.

If I were Ted Cruz or his campaign staff, I'd be all over Trump University like flies on shit. Mr. Cruz is a highly accomplished attorney and a legal scholar. Surely, he could find the "juicy" parts of the legal pleadings and share them with the entire country. Maybe he's waiting for the right time to strike. Perhaps he feels that's immediately before the California primary.
Now that he has Carly, she can pound on Trump day and night, and the fact she is woman it will not look good if Donald fires back.

The tolerance level for Donald knocking woman is low since he already has horrible woman ratings among women.

At least Cruz has his stuff in order picking a VP - Trump won't even release his friggin' tax returns and is being sued for fraud on convention day...
Generally you don't put the cart before the horse and pick a VP in April.. He's a presumptuous prick.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:41 pm

The country's most despised Senator and the country's most despised, former CEO. A match made in Heaven.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:50 pm

NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:

...Trump University.

The tolerance level for Donald knocking woman is low since he already has horrible ratings among women.

Generally you don't put the cart before the horse and pick a VP in April.. He's a presumptuous prick.
Donald put his phallus before his marriage, so what's the crime in this?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:49 pm

audiophile wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:

...Trump University.

Donald put his phallus before his marriage, so what's the crime in this?
Both are pig headed and reckless...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:59 pm

I can respect your opinion even if I disagree, in part.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:36 pm

Check out her new website.

carlyfiorinaforvicepresident.com

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:32 pm

LOL - that's funny! :blink

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:36 pm

Turkeytop wrote:Check out her new website.
carlyfiorinaforvicepresident.com
She's going to put Ted over the top.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:24 am

You observed Carly Fiorina in the debates. She was strong. Stronger than anyone else in either party debating on a stage before television cameras and America. She was rock solid steady in her answers. Even people who can't stand her were drawn in. No "uhs", no pauses, no averting her eyes. She showed an ability to grab you by the juggler vein and make you watch and listen to her until she had finished what she was saying. Whether domestic or foreign policy questions she didn't hesitate to
lay out her diagnoses and treatment plans for what ails the country. And despite her corporate record she seems able to take the heat.

Love her or hate her - when she speaks she emanates a commanding presence. She comes off as a no nonsense leader with principles, a middle class background, and the ability to be a scrapper.

And because Trump chose to ignore everything about her but her looks - in his Johnny One Note way of sizing up ALL females - and insulted Fiorina's facial features (thereby insulting the majority of American females) - he caused even her detractors to feel sorry for her. Score one for the Dumbass Donald!

So now that Cruz has elevated her to attack dog status on his behalf she will rip Trump to shreds in the media on every communication platform.

Hell hath no wrath like a woman scorned.

Lyin' Ted is desperate and has employed a desperate measure. Now watch Carley eviscerate Trump for Cruz's sake - AND to strike a blow against Trump on behalf of all American women.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:40 am

I agree, anyone that takes down the pond scum known as Donald T Rump is a hero for America...

Plus she can explain to Donald what the Quds Force is...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:46 am

Ted Hainey's super fans are finally rallying behind him. "Ted Cruz is Lucifer in the flesh". Wait, don't Evangelical bigots support Ted? Maybe he really is a demigod. I particularly enjoy where Ted says he barely knows Boehner..

WINNING!

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/j ... fer-222570

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:51 am

What happened to Boehner crying for the pope?

Boehner is probably why we have the movement toward Trump today.

If the insiders are hacked off, it's because Cruz refused to go with their fluff. Like all the other candidates, except Cruz, supporting Ethanol subsidies in Iowa.

I had a 'falling out' with Huckabee over that.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:39 pm

Maybe it's time to at least admit that Ted is a most hated man in politics. He's the outlier, just because he's trying to look establishment doesn't mean that anyone except those few percent that vote for him believe it. When you are trying to win on the convention floor, being liked matters.
Ordinarily, decorum prevents politicians from making overt comments like this—even about the members of the opposing party. But Cruz has a way of producing the uncensored, blunt and ugly from his fellow party-members. This week, Complex collected some of the choice rips dealt to him by other Republicans. “If you killed Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody would convict you,” Sen. Lindsay Graham said in February. “Nobody likes him,” Bob Dole said in January. “Classless, tasteless and counterproductive,” said Rep. Tom Cole late last year. “I just don’t like the guy,” said former President George W. Bush in October.

“I hate Ted Cruz,” said Rep. Peter King, who isn’t exactly likable himself, recently. “I’ll take cyanide if he ever got the nomination.”

Of course, Cruz isn’t the first prick to inhabit politics.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... z47EqxUr47

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic