All accepted registrations through May 16 at 7:15p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

WLUC to get new owners

Discussion pertaining to Marquette, Escanaba, Iron Mountain, Houghton, Ironwood, and Northern Wisconsin, too!
stevebaxley

WLUC to get new owners

Post by stevebaxley » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:55 am

Well Sinclair goes adieu and Gray says 'HELLO MARQUETTE'
To speed up the blessing of the fun folks at the FCC of its purchase of Schurz Communications television and radio stations, Gray will do a swap of its South bend, Ind. CBS juggernaut WSBT
with Sinclair for Sinclair's WLUC..so Gray gets a juggernaut NBC affiliate..

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: WLUC to get new owners

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:35 pm

Gray seems to do a good job with their properties, and they already operate numerous small market stations in the upper midwest (including Wausau, WI). This should be a good fit.

Would be awesome if Gray did something about WLUC's limp over-the-air signal, but I'm not holding my breath.

Gray's stations have a very nice graphics package, but I've always liked TV-6's graphics. Does TV-6 still have the really cool looking newscast open that they debuted around the time the rainbow logo was ditched?

To the lazy bums at Entercom - FIX YOUR FRIGGIN' RADIO STATION WEB SITE PLAYLIST LOGS!!! Thank you.

organman95

Post by organman95 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:50 pm

Well that didn't take long for Sinclair to sell one of their 'new' stations...

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:10 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:Gray seems to do a good job with their properties, and they already operate numerous small market stations in the upper midwest (including Wausau, WI). This should be a good fit.

Would be awesome if Gray did something about WLUC's limp over-the-air signal, but I'm not holding my breath.

Gray's stations have a very nice graphics package, but I've always liked TV-6's graphics. Does TV-6 still have the really cool looking newscast open that they debuted around the time the rainbow logo was ditched?
Barrington fumbled the digital transition for many of its stations. WTOM was 100kW on 4 and went to 78kW on 35. They could have moved to 7 with something like 50kW. WLUC was 100kW on 6 and is now 63kW also on 35. They could have run decent power on 12 (as WJFW moved to 16 post-transition)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WC8KCY

Post by WC8KCY » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:16 am

MWmetalhead wrote:Gray seems to do a good job with their properties, and they already operate numerous small market stations in the upper midwest (including Wausau, WI). This should be a good fit.

MW, it's a better fit for Gray than you may realize.

If Gray elects to bring the WLUC transmitter up to the blowtorch WSAW standard, they could snipe OTA viewers away from WJFW, a competitor to both WSAW and WLUC. Surely someone at Gray already realizes this. It'll be interesting to see if they make the move.

ftballfan: WMOW-DT in Crandon, WI now has the channel 12 allocation.
Last edited by WC8KCY on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hamming it up on 2m and 70cm

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:42 pm

Forgot about WMOW! I predict that Gray tries to buy WDHS using a failed station waiver, moves 8 to Republic, and moves WLUC to 8 (still virtual 6) while discarding the 35 license. Before the FCC crackdown on SSAs, I could have seen Fox going on RF 35.1 (virtual 8.1) in full HD, along with a rebrand to "Fox 8", with an SD feed remaining on 6.2 (RF 8.2)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++++

Post by ++++ » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:58 pm

Well, there goes my wrestling on FOX-UP. Produced by Sinclair. ;)

stevebaxley

Post by stevebaxley » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:47 pm

MW, The new open is good w/ the addition of the peacock next to the 6

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic