Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Toledo's WCWA 1230 changes?

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
80sTalkRadioFan
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: Sylvania Ohio

Toledo's WCWA 1230 changes?

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Thu May 16, 2024 8:45 am

What's up with 1230 WCWA "The Gambler?" Got rid of X's and Bros. FSR shows are now overmodulated on that station. Lots of dead air between segments, too. First noticed changes yesterday while trying to listen to Dan Patrick's show on the road. Internet stream does not seem as overmodulated.
Last edited by 80sTalkRadioFan on Fri May 17, 2024 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.



radioandtventhusiast
Posts: 1245
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 pm
Location: Toledo, OH

Re: Toledo's WCWA 1230 changes?

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu May 16, 2024 8:02 pm

Fred from WSPD said they've moved into their new studios at Hensville, so maybe they're still trying to get the kinks worked out.

80sTalkRadioFan
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: Sylvania Ohio

Re: Toledo's WCWA 1230 changes?

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Thu May 16, 2024 8:08 pm

Okay. That would certainly explain the distortion this morning and some dead air between national and local commercial breaks. Thanks.

CurlyHoward
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:50 pm

Re: Toledo's WCWA 1230 changes?

Post by CurlyHoward » Thu May 16, 2024 8:50 pm

Are you sure they got rid of Xs and Bros? their website still lists that show on the schedule and their Twitter account has retweeted Bellino a few times recently.

That would be stupid to drop that show, it got its start in Toledo as the "Fox Sports Morning Blitz". In fact, Walleye radio broadcasts still air drops promoting it as such lol

80sTalkRadioFan
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: Sylvania Ohio

Re: Toledo's WCWA 1230 changes?

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Fri May 17, 2024 2:15 am

I heard "Two Bros and a Cup of Joe" from FSR the last few mornings. Also, Matt Shepard has been hosting X's and Bros the last couple weeks. Not sure where Anthony went, but Shep is listed as the host on the "Michigan Sports Network" homepage.

CurlyHoward
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:50 pm

Re: Toledo's WCWA 1230 changes?

Post by CurlyHoward » Fri May 17, 2024 8:25 am

I put them on this morning and you're right, FSR. Maybe Bellino left Xs and Bros to concentrate on his WJR and PA announcing gigs and thus it was dropped from WCWA.

FSR's always been a West Coast-centric network that has never had a good national show in Eastern time mornings. If they're going to run that they might as well just rerun the last night's gambling talk. But 1230's been the redheaded stepchild of that cluster for as far back as I can remember anyway.

Deleted User 16378

Re: Toledo's WCWA 1230 changes?

Post by Deleted User 16378 » Sun May 19, 2024 9:19 pm

CurlyHoward wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 8:25 am
I put them on this morning and you're right, FSR. Maybe Bellino left Xs and Bros to concentrate on his WJR and PA announcing gigs and thus it was dropped from WCWA.

FSR's always been a West Coast-centric network that has never had a good national show in Eastern time mornings. If they're going to run that they might as well just rerun the last night's gambling talk. But 1230's been the redheaded stepchild of that cluster for as far back as I can remember anyway.
Hey, shit for brains, I thought you said in other post that AM is dead. Why are you listening to WCWA? Dumbass.

CurlyHoward
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:50 pm

Re: Toledo's WCWA 1230 changes?

Post by CurlyHoward » Mon May 20, 2024 8:13 am

Paul Richards wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 9:19 pm
CurlyHoward wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 8:25 am
I put them on this morning and you're right, FSR. Maybe Bellino left Xs and Bros to concentrate on his WJR and PA announcing gigs and thus it was dropped from WCWA.

FSR's always been a West Coast-centric network that has never had a good national show in Eastern time mornings. If they're going to run that they might as well just rerun the last night's gambling talk. But 1230's been the redheaded stepchild of that cluster for as far back as I can remember anyway.
Hey, shit for brains, I thought you said in other post that AM is dead. Why are you listening to WCWA? Dumbass.
I like sports and I was listening on the TuneIn app, retard.

Deleted User 16378

Re: Toledo's WCWA 1230 changes?

Post by Deleted User 16378 » Mon May 20, 2024 12:52 pm

CurlyHoward wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 8:13 am
Paul Richards wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 9:19 pm
CurlyHoward wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 8:25 am
I put them on this morning and you're right, FSR. Maybe Bellino left Xs and Bros to concentrate on his WJR and PA announcing gigs and thus it was dropped from WCWA.

FSR's always been a West Coast-centric network that has never had a good national show in Eastern time mornings. If they're going to run that they might as well just rerun the last night's gambling talk. But 1230's been the redheaded stepchild of that cluster for as far back as I can remember anyway.
Hey, shit for brains, I thought you said in other post that AM is dead. Why are you listening to WCWA? Dumbass.
I like sports and I was listening on the TuneIn app, retard.
Sure you did until 11 in the morning, That’s when you watch The View. You’re in love with that liberal piece of crap Whoopi Goldberg, she’s your favorite liberal next to Rachel Maddow.

CurlyHoward
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:50 pm

Re: Toledo's WCWA 1230 changes?

Post by CurlyHoward » Mon May 20, 2024 7:32 pm

nah, just because the nurses asked YOU to stop whacking it to Greta Van Susteren while they were trying to administer your daily colonic doesn't mean everyone is attracted to the women on TV who share their politics.

You're in a bad mood today, uh, "Paul". Did Speedway not hire you again after the background check came back or what?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic