Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ratings Day in Toledo

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Deleted User 15408

Ratings Day in Toledo

Post by Deleted User 15408 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:08 pm

Words that I use to describe WQQO: Pathetic, Deplorable, Feeble, Pitiful, Sorry, Inadequate, Meager, Paltry, Piteous, Wretched, Worthless.

What a sad excuse for a radio station. Everyone that has a hand in that station should be embarrassed, just pathetic all of them.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Ratings Day in Toledo

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:32 pm

That might be a new all-time record low AQH share for any & all stations to ever occupy 105.5 FM in Toledo!

Also looks like almost none of 106.5 The Ticket's audience made the trek to 100.7.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Deleted User 15408

Post by Deleted User 15408 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:47 pm

I know I make fun of their afternoon “talent”, but someone or everyone that has a hand in that station should lose their job.

Deleted User 16093

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:30 am

Even for Q105 standards this is bad. If I recall, Lame-0 Rock 106's ratings weren't even this bad when they pulled the plug on them in Nov 2001. I mean, a translator station is wiping the floor with 105.5. 100.7 is at an all-time low, I don't think it ever cracked a 2 share but The Zone and Talk radio did better. When The Ticket was on 106.5, it honestly was not faring much better in the ratings, but the audience is a tad smaller now.

This won't happen but Sports could do decently in Toledo, if put on a signal that covers the market and at least has maybe 2 local day parts. Not just canned stuff 23 hours a day. A medium sized market without a FM sports station is odd to me. Yes Yes, I know T-town isn't Chicago or Cleveland but come on. Sports should be on 105.5 or Pair 100.7 up with 98.3. Would it be a powerhouse? no but it could have a decent audience.

Party 103.3 is about in the same place as The Ticket. IMO if you shut off 103.3 and 100.7 no one would notice. I'm surprised "The Party" has lasted this long honestly. I assume Party still on Shakey ground financially.

burytheneedle

Post by burytheneedle » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:51 am

Wow, I worked at 105 back when it was consistently in the top 5 12+ ratings, and competing W25-54 with 101.5. It's tough to see this and it's been tough for awhile. I'd imagine they're just using it as an added value station, which is crazy to think about it considering how much they used to bill back in the early 2k. It's such a good signal. My fear is Cumulus will end up selling it to another church organization, which, IMO, is much worse than letting it limp along like it is. I highly doubt we'll see them sell it to anyone who would use the signal to compete with any of their properties. Personally, I'd like to see Alt rock, get away from pop, it's not working nor has it in the last decade!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:01 pm

Toledo still thinks it's 1987, so why not another butt rock station right next door? All the Poison and Motley Crue you can choke down!
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 15408

Post by Deleted User 15408 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:18 pm

Sports could do decently in Toledo, if put on a signal that covers the market and at least has maybe 2 local day parts. Not just canned stuff 23 hours a day.
This will never happen. The sales department in Toledo will try to sell share if it’s sports, when you don’t sell that format with share. You sell time spent listening.

They will also never be able to generate enough revenue to support two local live shows. This theory is a pipe dream.

They’d be better off coming up with a niche music format that people will listen too. But that takes talent, and it’s clear their programming department lacks that.

Toledo still thinks it's 1987, so why not another butt rock station right next door? All the Poison and Motley Crue you can choke down!
This is very true. WRQN had a major charity event this past week and they had zero mention of it on social leading up to it. Same with the K100 watch party. Sure there were pics after the fact, but the days of the listeners hanging on every word Denny says are long gone. Regardless of what he thinks.

Deleted User 16093

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:51 pm

burytheneedle wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:51 am
Wow, I worked at 105 back when it was consistently in the top 5 12+ ratings, and competing W25-54 with 101.5. It's tough to see this and it's been tough for awhile. I'd imagine they're just using it as an added value station, which is crazy to think about it considering how much they used to bill back in the early 2k. It's such a good signal. My fear is Cumulus will end up selling it to another church organization, which, IMO, is much worse than letting it limp along like it is. I highly doubt we'll see them sell it to anyone who would use the signal to compete with any of their properties. Personally, I'd like to see Alt rock, get away from pop, it's not working nor has it in the last decade!
Oh yeah, I remember 20 years ago, Star would get 4 shares all the time, mid 3 at worst. The signal is awesome, when I lived in West Toledo and in Bedford twp, on a crappy radio, that was one of the only stations I could get. I'd love to see The Zone on 105.5 but I doubt it would happen.

Deleted User 16093

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:56 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:01 pm
I had a Teacher at Community College that once said that Toledo is 10 years behind the rest of the country.

Deleted User 16093

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:58 pm

MicProcessor_22 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:18 pm
Sports could do decently in Toledo, if put on a signal that covers the market and at least has maybe 2 local day parts. Not just canned stuff 23 hours a day.
This will never happen. The sales department in Toledo will try to sell share if it’s sports, when you don’t sell that format with share. You sell time spent listening.

They will also never be able to generate enough revenue to support two local live shows. This theory is a pipe dream.

They’d be better off coming up with a niche music format that people will listen too. But that takes talent, and it’s clear their programming department lacks that.

This is very true. WRQN had a major charity event this past week and they had zero mention of it on social leading up to it. Same with the K100 watch party. Sure there were pics after the fact, but the days of the listeners hanging on every word Denny says are long gone. Regardless of what he thinks.
Cumulus are such GD cheapskates so point taken but still.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:01 pm

Foamy wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:56 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
I had a Teacher at Community College that once said that Toledo is 10 years behind the rest of the country.
Well it's not like we're extremely progressive and forward thinking up here around Detroit, but 10 years is being generous.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 15408

Post by Deleted User 15408 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:31 pm

Cumulus are such GD cheapskates so point taken but still.
Cheap doesn’t mean you can’t be current.

Deleted User 16093

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:30 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:01 pm
Foamy wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:56 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Well it's not like we're extremely progressive and forward thinking up here around Detroit, but 10 years is being generous.
No, Toledo isn't Portland Oregon. The D, I do like some of the burbs, like Royal Oak,Novi, and Livonia but the city itself no thanks. The Detroit area itself is way ahead of Toledo but size wise it's apples and oranges. Toledo is more on par with Dayton, Fort Wayne, and Buffalo NY. There is better but there way worse.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:36 pm

Toledo should have Latin for "hey, at least we're not Flint or Youngstown" on its city seal.

and no, "local" sports about Detroit/Cleveland/UM/OSU won't sell, neither will version 14 of The Zone.

also, why the hell did WSPD jump up so much?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:09 am

If Cumulus wants 105.5 to hyper target female listeners, bring back the Star 105 or 3WM brands and go AC to target River head-on.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic