Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Football on Q105?

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Deleted User 16041

Re: Football on Q105?

Post by Deleted User 16041 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:56 pm

There is no money in that, there is also no reason for them to do that. The transmitter is in a populated area. They need to focus on a mass appeal big sounding station, but they must have some people who work in management there that have no clue how to do that, the programming mentality on all of their stations sounds just so small.

Deleted User 16093

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:20 pm

Only if you sold it to local broadcaster but even then, nah no. Honestly, they would get about the same ratings if they simulcasted WXKR.

I've seen some really clueless stuff done in the radio biz, i.e not putting WDFN The Fan on 106.7fm in Detroit. What's going on with WQQO, to quote someone from my workplace (who's now retired) " Makes about as much sense as a soup sandwich".

Deleted User 15408

Post by Deleted User 15408 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:41 am

A local family owned broadcaster would not put high school football on WQQO. Someone without a clear sense of a programming ability would only do that.

If a mom and pop bought Q105 they would most likely make that station a beast. It's their money on the line. They own it. If a mom and pop owned it they would understand that Toledo is a somewhat large market, and they would make it sound as such.

That's why what have you going on over there is despicable. The fact that Q105 is underperforming is just the cherry on top to all of the bad radio that comes out of Arlington Ave.

Deleted User 16093

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:44 pm

hmm?

This is why I think 107.7 The Wolf has lasted as long as it has. They have decent product, It's not quite my thing personally but they do well with it. I can see why people like the station. On the other hand, as mentioned, the way 105.5 is being run is beyond tone deaf. Running something on the cheap is one thing, say a satellite fed format of some kind, at least that makes sense.

This is like a restaurant that serves Greek and Chinese food, as well as French food on menu. Now I like all 3 of those but they don't go together in the same place. It's just weird to me.

Deleted User 15408

Post by Deleted User 15408 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:34 pm

I haven’t listened to the wolf. I do know though there are college stations that sound better than WQQO.

burytheneedle

Post by burytheneedle » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:22 pm

The Wolf is a disappointment. They started out strong but since have relied on satellite fed programming. They've had every opportunity to take some more shares from K-100 but unfortunately they have failed. If I didn't know any better I would have thought they were part of the Arlington mess.

Deleted User 15408

Post by Deleted User 15408 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:42 pm

K-100 should be easy to take down. That is another station that is a mess. The difference here is they are winning due to heritage.

For gods sake the average break goes backsell > liner/jock talk > traffic report > weather > promo > spots.

Break that up, have some forward momentum. Also John is a better air talent. Put him on in the afternoons and take mookie and put him on the curb.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:47 pm

John(n)y D sucks, get real. We don't need him on a 79th station

Deleted User 15408

Post by Deleted User 15408 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:20 am

Considering, he’s already doing middays on KKO. It’s just a time slot change, and it’s better than mookie saying it’s the mookie show over and over again, without it being an actual show.

Just because you said it’s a show, doesn’t make it one.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:43 pm

burytheneedle wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:22 pm
The Wolf is a disappointment. They started out strong but since have relied on satellite fed programming. They've had every opportunity to take some more shares from K-100 but unfortunately they have failed. If I didn't know any better I would have thought they were part of the Arlington mess.

It seems like the Wolf's tried everything since they came on in 2010, Craig Snyder until Gary brought him back to K100, Cliff Smithers, Zman, Johny D, Jeff Lamb, Amy Davis, and others. It seems to have gone downhill after Dan Dudley sold the station. They really could compete with K100 in their first few years. They've even deactivated their social media accounts which makes me wonder what's happening there.

Deleted User 16093

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:44 am

This is the FB-https://www.facebook.com/1077thewolf

Nothing is there. Didn't they have a different logo for about 5 minutes and then changed it back? The web page looks very 2010. Admittingly, I have not listened to WPFX much since the ownership change. If I recall correctly, the current owner used to own WJZE or part of it.

I'll leave names out of it and try to put this as nicely as possible; the cost cutting doesn't surprise me. Prior to Urban radio's ownership. WJZE was always run mostly on a shoestring budget. Under RASP's ownership, the owner was said to be a bit of a penny pincher.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:16 pm

Yeah, the Wolf had a different presentation for a brief time in 2020, almost like they were appealing to the 'Merica crowd. I'm glad they stopped that very quickly.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic