Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Q105 is off brand

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Deleted User 15408

Q105 is off brand

Post by Deleted User 15408 » Thu May 18, 2023 1:29 pm

Why does a station that plays so much pop music feel as if it needs to be talking about where Toledo falls on a cost of living list?

They are posting lists of affordable vacation spots on social, who cares if Toledo came in at #1.

Nobody in their right mind thinks hey instead of going to the beach, let’s spend a week looking at the blight in Toledo.

Just seems like an extreme sad attempt at being local. Their ratings show that this isn’t working, when is someone at cumulus going to step up and open their mouths and put an end to this?
Last edited by Deleted User 15408 on Thu May 18, 2023 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

teetoppz28

Re: Q105 is off brand

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu May 18, 2023 1:38 pm

While Toledo definitely isn't my #1 place to vacation, I have done many long weekend golf trips to that area over the years. There are some really nice courses. And for after the round, there are some good breweries to hit up!

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Deleted User 15408

Post by Deleted User 15408 » Thu May 18, 2023 1:46 pm

Still doesn't need to be on the station that's playing Justin Bieber and talking to people who are living there. I can guarantee you that most of the people in Toledo want to leave Toledo.

The content is still left of center for a station that has a playlist like WQQO does.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu May 18, 2023 2:04 pm

MicProcessor_22 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 1:46 pm
Still doesn't need to be on the station that's playing Justin Bieber and talking to people who are living there. I can guarantee you that most of the people in Toledo want to leave Toledo.

The content is still left of center for a station that has a playlist like WQQO does.
Agreed 110%

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Deleted User 15408

Post by Deleted User 15408 » Thu May 18, 2023 2:27 pm

Pretty sure the content explains their ratings troubles as well.

Local only wins when it's good. The local content on Q105 not only doesn't fit the format, it can be found everywhere else in Toledo. Hell, that guy in the afternoon that regurgitates this stuff puts the links on their socials and it proves he's just reading what 13abc reported. After all the links that are posted are to the t.v. stations or the blade.

Breaking News. . . .nobody listening to Harry Styles wants to hear something about the Tarta expansion to Oregon.

By definition what Q105 is doing is plagiarism. Not content creation.
Last edited by Deleted User 15408 on Thu May 18, 2023 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu May 18, 2023 3:01 pm

Sounds to me like they are padding the online public inspection file. This is probably a corporate directive, as Cumulus has been hit with heavy fines in the past for not following these foolish, antiquated FCC regs. Nobody gave a single shit about the public file when it was in a filing cabinet at the station. Moving it online, for all to see, has not changed that.

As for WQQO, it was dumb to create another "Q" station, when WRQN (still called 93Q by many) is owned by the same company. The suits at Cumulus are not exactly visionaries, or innovators. That's for sure. :smokin

105.5 should be straight ahead AC, without all of the sad hipster and sissy music played on 101.5 The River. The original "105FM 3WM" sounded tired when I arrived there, some 36 years ago, but was still brighter than "The River" sounds today.

"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Deleted User 15408

Post by Deleted User 15408 » Thu May 18, 2023 3:44 pm

There is no padding to the public file here. Eric Chase posts on his personal socials that he’s proud of how local he is.

The music is in centerfield, and he’s sitting in the grass in left.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Fri May 19, 2023 7:36 pm

I laughed pretty hard at that "Toledo is the most affordable place to take a vacation" report.

Please. I'm pretty sure the top 2 categories of overnight hotel guests in the Toledo area are: Detroit dope dealers meeting up with Chicago/Cleveland dope dealers to do business and people who go to Cedar Point but can't afford a resort in or near Sandusky.

There are "visit every minor league park" baseball nerds who came here and see Mud Hens games, and people who come in for the bird watching this time of year as well as the walleye run earlier in the spring. Other than that, who the hell would take a vacation in Toledo?

And yeah, I hate 101.5 the River so much. Fucking office manager of mine turned the radio there for Christmas music last December and has left it there ever since. I feel like I might have low T just from having to listen to Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson, Rachel Platten and Miley Cyrus 8 hours a day. Although I guess at least it isn't Kiss like before, or Potty 103.3.

Deleted User 15408

Post by Deleted User 15408 » Fri May 19, 2023 8:43 pm

While it is hilarious that Toledo made it to the top of this list. To go on Q105 and read the 13abc story about it the way they talked about it on the 11 pm news is not.

It’s not like Q105 made a goof on it, turned it into a topic of cool places you have to see in Toledo, or presented it in any other creative entertaining way. It was presented as news. Just what the Q105 audience wants. News.

Stealing news stories is not show prep. Regurgitating news stories is not memorable. Q105’s numbers reflects this.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Fri May 19, 2023 9:27 pm

It kind of reminds me of back 10+ years ago when Cumulus would take London's news from K100/RQN and broadcast it at the top of the hour during Mike & Mike on ESPN Radio on (then) 1470. Forced phony "local" element nobody whatsoever asked for. Although at least London Mitchell didn't read items verbatim from 13abc's website.

Deleted User 15408

Post by Deleted User 15408 » Sat May 20, 2023 3:40 am

At least that was presented as news. How it’s done on Q105 is a regular break up the ramp of a record. It’s such a tune out. It’s disruptive and boring to listen too. Again, that audience doesn’t care about 99% of the stuff that is talked about and it shows. The ratings are abysmal.

I am shocked cumulus hasn’t done anything about it. The sales team can’t be able to sell this.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Mon May 22, 2023 11:15 pm

Q105 is The new Tower 98, the thing that won't die! >: . Seriously, give it up!

Deleted User 15408

Post by Deleted User 15408 » Tue May 23, 2023 8:53 am

Riff Raff wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 11:15 pm
Q105 is The new Tower 98, the thing that won't die! >: . Seriously, give it up!
Since it won't die. It could be better. The afternoon host on Q105 is awful. Possibly the worst air talent I've ever heard.
Sure it won't die, but with some tweaks it could be doing a lot better. But, they settle for mediocrity.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic