Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WTHI Hi99 Using WTWO Weather

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Taco

WTHI Hi99 Using WTWO Weather

Post by Taco » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:51 am

This is a head scratcher for me. So I've been listening to WTHI Hi99 from Terre Haute, Indiana. WTHI 10 is the CBS affiliate there as well. Anyways I was wondering why they were using their competitors weather from WTWO and not from their own company, WTHI? Is this common?

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

rugratsonline

Re: WTHI Hi99 Using WTWO Weather

Post by rugratsonline » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:05 pm

WTHI-FM was split from WTHI-TV in 2005 -- the FM is owned by Midwest Communications, while Allen Media owns the TV. As the FM is no longer part of the same family, they can choose to get their news and weather from anyone else.

Taco

Post by Taco » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:50 pm

Very interesting! I had no idea! Seems weird they didn't change call letter to differentiate from one another.
rugratsonline wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:05 pm
WTHI-FM was split from WTHI-TV in 2005 -- the FM is owned by Midwest Communications, while Allen Media owns the TV. As the FM is no longer part of the same family, they can choose to get their news and weather from anyone else.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:27 pm

Two other examples of this include WWJ in Detroit and KDKA in Pittsburgh being spun off after being sold to Audacy a few years ago,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic