Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jordan Strack out at WTOL

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
CurlyHoward

Jordan Strack out at WTOL

Post by CurlyHoward » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:00 am

Contract not renewed, per his Twitter and the Blade. Who needs a local guy with passion for local sports covering them when you can save a few bucks. Toledo media's race to the bottom continues.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Jordan Strack out at WTOL

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:33 am

He was reportedly promoting sports betting referral links on his social media pages ahead of the Super Bowl. It is unclear to me if he earned any income from such referrals.

If this is indeed the reason for his departure, it's an overreaction on the station's part, in my opinion.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:18 pm

Wouldn't be the first time WTOL management overreacted if true, they once infamously fired several people for playing Cards Against Humanity at work (during the holidays when no one wants to be there, no less)

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:46 pm

Jordan was a great sports anchor, taking over for another great sports anchor in Dan Cummins. From what I'm seeing, he's at least taking it very classy. Good luck in his future endeavors.

Radio for the birds

Post by Radio for the birds » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:55 pm

CurlyHoward wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:18 pm
Wouldn't be the first time WTOL management overreacted if true, they once infamously fired several people for playing Cards Against Humanity at work (during the holidays when no one wants to be there, no less)
Probably one of the best things to happen to Trevor Ault.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:55 am

Radio for the birds wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:55 pm
CurlyHoward wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:18 pm
Probably one of the best things to happen to Trevor Ault.
Ha, true. I did a double take when I saw him pop up on ABC news a few years ago

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:11 pm

Yeah, Trevor went from Toledo to Portland to national reports for ABC News, so it probably was the best for him.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic