Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

MLB on Toledo radio-YOU'RE OUTTA HERE!!

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: MLB on Toledo radio-YOU'RE OUTTA HERE!!

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:27 am

WMIM in theory would be the best signal to use. It's nulled to the west, and its regular music format earns substandard ratings. Sales efforts are focused on Monroe County, too.

I have no idea how WMTR's contract reads nor how WXYT-FM's contract reads with regard to exclusivity.

Speaking of XKR, their signal remains strong into western Lorain County. It doesn't get bad until one reaches the I-90 / I-80 split.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:51 pm

I think 98.3 would be the best place to put Tigers games. Only thing is, where would Michigan football go to if conflicts occur?

93.5 believe it or not aired Bowling Green football games if there was a conflict with OSU games on 100.7 this past season.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:35 pm

1520AM baby, that's where the Tigers should be since than can't be on the ghost of 1470 anymore. 1520's signal is a North South hot dog, and WMTR can eat Tiger crap with nulls to the West and East ( since it's unlikely WJR's super signal will ever have the Tigers again). WXYT's signal is crap, even in Monroe County on my car radio, yet alone not servicing Toledo. 730 AM not a likely option with a big lobe going to the SW on the AM, but the 106.9 translator just barely makes the trip from Perrysburg Township to Toledo south of I-475 and would work, but the AM could be battling with WMTR over their 'rights' Tigers management should tell WMTR to eat crow and die, and that there will be Toledo-area signal with Tigers broadcasts again. SiriusXM took MLB away from their standard package, so now a terrestrial station would interest me for sure.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:29 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:51 pm
I think 98.3 would be the best place to put Tigers games. Only thing is, where would Michigan football go to if conflicts occur?

93.5 believe it or not aired Bowling Green football games if there was a conflict with OSU games on 100.7 this past season.
Speaking of odd conflict bumps, in 2019 at least one MSU football game aired on the 320kW superstation WBCT in Grand Rapids due to conflicts with Michigan (WOOD), Western (WBFX), and GVSU (WMAX)

schmave

Post by schmave » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:56 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:51 pm

I swear I read one time, maybe in a Blade article several years back, that 98.3 is out as an option for the Tigers because its signal toward Detroit actually is too good.
That said, from anecdotal experience even when they transmitted from Monroe County, I don't remember them ever putting all that great signal into metro Detroit when I checked. WIOT and Kiss FM always sounded much better.
And if their signal into Michigan is an actual reason, I think that's dubious anyway. The Guardians have affiliates as close as Lorain, and the Reds affiliate in Dayton definitely can be heard in metro Cincinnati. The flagships for both teams can be heard very well in those areas.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon May 02, 2022 4:00 pm

98.3's signal is virtually useless north of the Monroe County line these days.

From its original site, the signal was decent as far north as Wyandotte, Southgate and Taylor. Around Metro Airport, its strength was pretty much on par with WIOT.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Mon May 02, 2022 6:26 pm

"Luna Pier" (Oregon, Ohio) signal doesn't do well at all Downriver in SE Wayne County per bandscan today

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 10, 2022 7:44 pm

No surprise there. When the TX site was still near Monroe, signal was pretty good in places such as Trenton, Wyandotte and Southgate.

There is also a translator at 98.3 MHz broadcasting from atop the RenCen in downtown Detroit. I believe it rebroadcasts WDMK HD2.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic