Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

London Mitchell laid off

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
CurlyHoward

London Mitchell laid off

Post by CurlyHoward » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:52 pm

Cumulus Toledo cuts get another live local one. at least he got a nice sendoff for the 11 remaining readers of the Blade.

https://www.toledoblade.com/a-e/tv-radi ... 43911606-1

radioandtventhusiast

Re: London Mitchell laid off

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:19 pm

I follow him on Facebook and while he was sad he had to retire a little sooner than he wanted, he has no ill will and no regrets followed by thanking some of the people he worked with. Such a shame that Cumulus has no loyalty to a longtime employee. I will miss hearing his voice.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:54 pm

FU*K Cumulus. This is not the first decent employee that they laid-off 2 or 3 years BEFORE THEY wanted to retire; Cumulus made the decision for them. No ill will, my ass. I talked to a jilted Cumulus employee and he expressed his wish of their towers collapsing to the ground during an ice storm. All the fun air has been sucked out of radio. Yet, they keep Johny D so he can service his spouse between VT shifts on Arlington.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:33 pm

WOHO wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:54 pm
FU*K Cumulus. This is not the first decent employee that they laid-off 2 or 3 years BEFORE THEY wanted to retire; Cumulus made the decision for them. No ill will, my ass. I talked to a jilted Cumulus employee and he expressed his wish of their towers collapsing to the ground during an ice storm. All the fun air has been sucked out of radio. Yet, they keep Johny D so he can service his spouse between VT shifts on Arlington.
Don't be so sure it's his wife he's servicing. There's a bi man in one of those studios up front. Not talking about Q105's pretender in the afternoon. There was also similar chatter at WZJM.

As for London, he had another job. His mics were always too compressed and way too much bass/presence that he was almost sounding muffled.

radioandstreamer

Post by radioandstreamer » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:52 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:33 pm
WOHO wrote:
Don't be so sure it's his wife he's servicing. There's a bi man in one of those studios up front. Not talking about Q105's pretender in the afternoon. There was also similar chatter at WZJM.

As for London, he had another job. His mics were always too compressed and way too much bass/presence that he was almost sounding muffled.
Gooo on..

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:45 am

radioandstreamer wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:52 pm
TeddyBear wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:33 pm
WOHO wrote:

Gooo on..
Ok.... there are 2 bi men in the front. Both are current VT'ers. One local only, the other nationally and knew Lew Jr. VVVEEERRRRYYYY well. A dude I had sex with "blew" the national VT'er's cover. Pun wasn't intended, but fits well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic