Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Toilet Ratings

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
WOHO

Toilet Ratings

Post by WOHO » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:26 pm

Toledo ratings rolled-in, less the R&B stations and the two stations in the 107 range, and it's pretty amazing:
Both K-100 AND the River got EXACTLY the same 12+ numbers as they did in the August, like they did a cut-n-paste!
92.5 stayed parked. WRQN and WIOT swapped positions. WJR doubled their numbers, that being said, they still draw the same as listeners in Toledo as the Ann Arbor NPR station WUOM, which is double the numbers the clustercluck 98.3 draws. Technically "no shows", skidding off the charts, for WCWA and WTOD-FM if you go by the old 0.4 cut-off number. So no big surprises other than the limbo- "how low can you go"?

In unrelated news, still no activity on 1520AM since the purchase and recent 'silent STA' request.

CurlyHoward

Re: Toilet Ratings

Post by CurlyHoward » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:03 pm

I'm stunned nobody is listening to the awesome sports stations in the summertime. Tune in one and you'll get endless national basketball diva talk, tune in another and you'll get a Mud Hens game if you're lucky, moronic gambling talk if you're not

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:39 am

Curious as to where the Toiletto NPR/ancient-on hold music station ranks. Then curious about all the "Godly" hate stations did. We may never know, since none of those subscribe in the market.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:51 pm

Our NPR station is so fucking bad. If you want classical music there are a million other places to find it, instead we get hardly any NPR news programming. I remember working the night of the 2016 election and they cut off NPR's coverage to go back to music before the election was even officially called.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:54 pm

CurlyHoward wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:51 pm
Our NPR station is so fucking bad. If you want classical music there are a million other places to find it, instead we get hardly any NPR news programming. I remember working the night of the 2016 election and they cut off NPR's coverage to go back to music before the election was even officially called.
Either way, it's antiquated music. Historians love it, but it is no longer valid for the modern free thinker. As for how "We're Getting Toiletto Educated" on a lower frequency, I'm just curious as to how many cling to old-world music, where females could not vote, blacks were slaves, and anyone "different" got stoned to death or dunked.

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:24 pm

One cool thing WGTE does do is the Friday night EDM show. I've never heard anything like that on any other NPR station anywhere.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:33 pm

91.7 in Ann Arbor, 89.1 in Ypsilanti and 101.9 in Detroit all carry more NPR programming, although 89.1 and 101.9 come in staticky in Toledo.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:19 pm

ChrisWL1980 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:24 pm
One cool thing WGTE does do is the Friday night EDM show. I've never heard anything like that on any other NPR station anywhere.
Yeah, who needs an EDM staton, when you can have a few hours of EDM. This coming from EDM station management.

Let's not even think about chain processing for EDM, as the minimal processing automatically lifts the bass and drops the mid and highs, making tinny Dance hits. You really get the real effect on an outdated elevator music station, that you can have on the real thing. But at least they use digital equipment, so it sounds clean. Hope they change the processing on or in the automation.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic