Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WNWO is ass

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
CurlyHoward

Re: WNWO is ass

Post by CurlyHoward » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:42 pm

also glad that they've now permanently plopped "WNWO-Toledo, OH" in the lower right corner of the screen in case you forget which city you're in or anything.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:15 pm

CurlyHoward wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:42 pm
also glad that they've now permanently plopped "WNWO-Toledo, OH" in the lower right corner of the screen in case you forget which city you're in or anything.
Many had the same reaction in the late 80's, when people thought the CBS eye was watching them back. ABC was the first to use "bugs" back then. People were upset about that.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:20 am

My guess is that Sinclair has had such a cluster the past 10 days, they have to rubber stamp their stations so they know who's on their air, but yeh, the "WNWO Toledo Ohio" doesn't go away during TV spots or non-network programming. Still hearing a lot of 'NBC dings' with no active programming and SNL 'cards' for 2 minutes were the norm, so things are still not running as they were even 2 weeks ago.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:07 pm

WOHO wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:20 am
My guess is that Sinclair has had such a cluster the past 10 days, they have to rubber stamp their stations so they know who's on their air, but yeh, the "WNWO Toledo Ohio" doesn't go away during TV spots or non-network programming. Still hearing a lot of 'NBC dings' with no active programming and SNL 'cards' for 2 minutes were the norm, so things are still not running as they were even 2 weeks ago.
I think the point WOHO is making.... nobody is watching the automation at all, from Elkart. They do not have a silence sensor, black sensor or anyone hired to pay attention in the master control room. This is yet another example of how TV no longer serves the community. WNWO and WMNT seem to be the worst 2 on this. Next time, record this and post it, so shareholders and the public, along with FCC proof as to show how stations no longer serve their communities. Fines and more regulation are the only things that work.

As for me, I don't need local anymore. TV can easily die altogether. I only need emergency notifications from apps. Local-conservative-progressive.... makes no diff to me. I don't even think to watch local news or any other local crap signal. I'm also NOT a "youngin'". That says allot. An old fart like me doesn't pay attention to "signal" anymore. How many more of us don't either. We know most of the under 40's stream exclusively. Nobody will miss NBC 24 (RF23) gone either. Not just WMNT 48 (RF36).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic