Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WNWO is ass

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
CurlyHoward

WNWO is ass

Post by CurlyHoward » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:32 am

Tonight the Sunday Night Football game between the favored team of bandwagon assholes who bring their kids to the bar and play Taylor Swift on the jukebox when the games are going on, the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Seattle Seahawks went overtime. apparently this flummoxed the automation at WNWO so they were completely off the air for about 15 minutes, then went to Sinclair fascist propaganda "Spotlight On 'Murica" with no local Sunday night news at all. Serving the community!

Deleted User 15062

Re: WNWO is ass

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:30 am

Since the days of Kimberly Newman leaving, they are similar to 48. Back burner for the public service. They never do Sunday news. Is news from Elkart really serving the public in NW Ohio? I'm thinking not.

I am not shocked.

FYI, Kimberly left 11 and went to WNDU. She has now left WNDU this last Spring on her own, this time.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:17 am

WNWO is proof that how radio stations went from public servants to a waste, is what is not happening to TV stations. Would I really kill WNWO to have one real live warm body in the building so that when the automation goes to hell they might be able to walk someone thru the steps to keep the programming running? How many times do you see a Peacock log during SNL breaks, for minutes at at time, then the show restarts and then WNWO starts the commercial spots and then run while the show is in progress. Local radio stations had local reporter, now you get generic news crap for the whole state, or in the case of TV, the programming is from out of state. Like it would kill a local radio cluster to have ONE person in the building from 7pm to midnight in case all hell breaks loose and one of the 7 stations they're babysitting takes a dump? WNWO no longer services the public interest, produce the news in Toledo, not Indiana. Yeah, CH48 and CH24 are zombie stations, 48 doesn't run the 4th Reich Facist programming yet, is the only difference. Oh, and WNWO has the tallest TV tower in the State of Ohio, unlike 48.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:50 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:30 am
Since the days of Kimberly Newman leaving, they are similar to 48. Back burner for the public service. They never do Sunday news. Is news from Elkart really serving the public in NW Ohio? I'm thinking not.

I am not shocked.

FYI, Kimberly left 11 and went to WNDU. She has now left WNDU this last Spring on her own, this time.
They do normally do Sunday night news after the game, as shoddy of a broadcast as it is.

Kimberly got a PR job back in Toledo with the Victory Center I think, she's been interviewed on 11's late morning show a couple of times. Odd to see her back on their airwaves after she was fired as part of Cards against Humanity-gate a few years ago, but good for her.

SBaxley

Post by SBaxley » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:41 pm

uh, lets not forget WNWO were [since they are owned by sinclair, with news run out of WSBT in south bend] impacted by the ransomware attack on all sinclair owned stations that occurred over the weekend

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:19 am

uh, "lets" not forget Sinclair deserves it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:07 am

Too bad WDIV's NBC programming cannot be carried on cable in greater Toledo thanks to the assholes at the FCC (and their stupid out of market network affiliate blackout rules).

NBC should disaffiliate from WNWO and move to 11.2 or 13.2 when the current affiliation agreement expires.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:05 pm

It's been years since I had Buckeye but IIRC WNWO was the only Toledo affiliate to even enforce that stupid blackout. WXYZ and WJBK had their network programming running in full. WWJ wasn't carried.

Unfortunately I doubt NBC gives a shit about a sub-100 market like Toledo enough to do anything.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:06 pm

Sh*tshow on WNWO. Live and Local they certainly aren't based on the POS filler programming running. They'd have more compelling programming with a 1080 live feed of two different aquarium tanks at the Toledo Zoo!

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:06 pm

This isn't the first time WNWO has had technical difficulties since moving operations to South Bend. If I was a bigwig at NBC, I'd fire them immediately from their affiliation agreement, not waiting for their contract to expire. I wouldn't tolerate SNL constantly being missed due to technical difficulties. If 11 or 13 were to be the new affiliate for NBC programming, does one of them simulcast their local newscast? Become the New NBC affiliate, and buy WNWO'S old syndicated programming (Judge Judy, Family Feud), and WNWO has no reason to exist anymore. They'd dump their newscast and run mostly Sinclair programming. No one would notice or miss it.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:11 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:07 am
Too bad WDIV's NBC programming cannot be carried on cable in greater Toledo thanks to the assholes at the FCC (and their stupid out of market network affiliate blackout rules).

NBC should disaffiliate from WNWO and move to 11.2 or 13.2 when the current affiliation agreement expires.

WDIV might be available on the perfect over-the air antenna you can get.

What's worse is, you go up over the line to Temperance of Lambertville, you can pick up WDIV via cable or satellite. If you're in Toledo, you can only pick up WNWO. It stinks.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:15 pm

CurlyHoward wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:05 pm
It's been years since I had Buckeye but IIRC WNWO was the only Toledo affiliate to even enforce that stupid blackout. WXYZ and WJBK had their network programming running in full. WWJ wasn't carried.

Unfortunately I doubt NBC gives a shit about a sub-100 market like Toledo enough to do anything.
WJBK is no longer on Buckeye in Toledo, but you can get it in Bedford. WXYZ now blacks out ABC programming in Toledo.

When Buckeye had the dispute with WNWO in 2013, they did show WDIV for a brief time, until WNWO'S GM filed an FCC complaint against Buckeye, causing that to end.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:18 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:07 am

That's s antiquated cable. Everybody's great granny's TV. Who wants to have or do that but the aged?

Now if you are declared a nonprofit, you CAN LEGALLY distribute signals on the internet. Just get declared a tax-exempt nonprofit. Even with IPTV, the paid ones are geolocked, by contract. LoCast became illegal from the way they held the IPTV for ransom. As for licensing, nobody could legally touch a nonprofit.

So that's the answer. Cable should be dropped, whoever carries WNWO/Sinclair. People will find the void and fill it, if they care enough. After all, look at the free Free2View Channel on Roku. Also, it's not like you can't stream network programs these days. Cable can easily be dropped for moral purposes.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:01 am

TeddyBear wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:18 pm
Also, it's not like you can't stream network programs these days. Cable can easily be dropped for moral purposes.
The first sentence is the important part here, if anyone complains to NBC you'll probably just get "oh just watch SNL on Peacock! We have it with lots of other stuff on Peacock! Peacock!! Peacock!!!"

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:08 am

CurlyHoward wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:01 am
TeddyBear wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:18 pm
Also, it's not like you can't stream network programs these days. Cable can easily be dropped for moral purposes.
The first sentence is the important part here, if anyone complains to NBC you'll probably just get "oh just watch SNL on Peacock! We have it with lots of other stuff on Peacock! Peacock!! Peacock!!!"
My response would also be "So do allot of other places, like USTVNOW and a few more places that you contract with. Why go to Pisscock to watch?"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic