Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NFL Football on Toledo radio

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
schmave

Re: NFL Football on Toledo radio

Post by schmave » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:49 pm

Agree WOHO.
Columbus has a similar issue to Toledo, largely because iHeart basically has stopped caring about sports.
The Guardians are cleared on a low-power Christian FM. Reds night and weekend games air on one of iHeart's FMs that otherwise is throwback R and B, so not quite a good fit in the format. Bengals games are relegated to a subchannel of another iHeart station, alternative 105.7 that used to carry the games on its main channel.
The Browns are on sports giant 97.1 The Fan, also the Buckeyes, Blue Jackets and Crew flagship.
Cavaliers no longer air here.
The Reds and Bengals aired on WTVN for years up until about 2010, but WTVN's sports programming is limited now to OSU football pre- and post-game and some other ancillary programming.
WLW is an easy catch here for the Cincinnati teams, but that shouldn't take local iHeart off the hook for essentially abandoning teams people around here root for.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:32 am

That's kind of odd because in Toledo it's Cumulus that's been dropping the ball and slowly abandoning everyone but the Buckeyes and Michigan football on the Monroe station. Oh, and BGSU. iHeart still has the Guardians, UT, Mud Hens and Walleye like they have for years, even if the audience for some of those is negligible.

Browns are apparently gone this season after Cumulus had kicked the Lions off of the Ticket to make room for them last year.
1230 dropped the Pistons after the 20-21 season I guess so the new gambling format wouldn't get preempted at night except by the Mud Hens and Walleye who buy airtime? I think that station aired the Cavs a few years before briefly, too, but most of the time the Cavs haven't had a Toledo affiliate.
Tigers were lost when 1470 was shut down in 2016, after the Archbold station blocked them from airing on 106.5 when that flipped to sports years before.
The Ticket ran the Reds for a couple of years when they couldn't air the Tigers on FM, but then the budget got too tight on Arlington. Wings were dropped around then too. Mid-2010s.

edj

Post by edj » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:34 am

UT also pays for airtime. They won’t disappear. BGSU apparently doesn’t want to anymore except for WFRO.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:31 pm

I don't see the Rockets, Walleye or Mud Hens ever dropped from Toledo radio as they are in market.

I think the Guardians stick around because WSPD's sister stations in Cleveland are the flagship, so they won't drop anything that their parent company has a partnership with.

Curly, in one of your previous posts saying they'd never preempt Rush for baseball on WSPD, they're now doing it for his replacements. Caught it last week.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:12 pm

The Browns will be on 94.5 this season per the station's website.

schmave

Post by schmave » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:36 am

That's a good start. Now for someone to pick up the Lions up there.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:24 am

:x I turned on 94.5 Friday, expecting to hear Steve Gorman but all I got was skid marks butt ball. Let 105.5 carry that nonsense. :lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic