Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Canadian Numeris Radio Ratings

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Deleted User 15502

Re: Canadian Numeris Radio Ratings

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:27 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:40 pm
Heathcliff wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:38 am
89x and The River are honestly relics from the past, they outlived there useful lives. Not saying I like the format on either station now but it is what it is. Both Virgin and Pure Country have only been on 6 months, so were gonna have to wait a little while more and see.
I hate to have to agree, but...I agree. 89x and The River were both "of their time". By that I mean, they fit for the eras they did well in respectively, but the time had passed. The thing is, at least I could say I still had a better chance of hearing something I liked on the former formats; nothing now. It's like how WABX was known for the hippie stuff and WLLZ is known for its time in the 80s. When I think 89x, I think new and exciting in 1996. Like MW said, 89x truly died in 2012. It was a mix of Dave and Chuck leaving and what passed for alternative changed dramatically. The River? It would have been nice to see a more streamlined 90s/00s throwback plus some good current music. When REM goes from an 89x band to a River band, things just aren't the same anymore. Yes, it was nice to know they were still there and yes, it was another option on the dial, but what made 89x great in 1998 doesn't exist anymore in 2021.
Yeah, 89x truly died years ago. I graduated High School in 1999 and it's amazing how things have changed, it sounds corny but its true. 89x and the river were honestly "old used to be's " for me. It was kind of like CKLW flipping to adult standards in the early mid 80s, it had lived its useful life.

radioandtventhusiast

Re: Canadian Numeris Radio Ratings

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:02 pm

Heathcliff wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:27 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:40 pm
Heathcliff wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:38 am
89x and The River are honestly relics from the past, they outlived there useful lives. Not saying I like the format on either station now but it is what it is. Both Virgin and Pure Country have only been on 6 months, so were gonna have to wait a little while more and see.
I hate to have to agree, but...I agree. 89x and The River were both "of their time". By that I mean, they fit for the eras they did well in respectively, but the time had passed. The thing is, at least I could say I still had a better chance of hearing something I liked on the former formats; nothing now. It's like how WABX was known for the hippie stuff and WLLZ is known for its time in the 80s. When I think 89x, I think new and exciting in 1996. Like MW said, 89x truly died in 2012. It was a mix of Dave and Chuck leaving and what passed for alternative changed dramatically. The River? It would have been nice to see a more streamlined 90s/00s throwback plus some good current music. When REM goes from an 89x band to a River band, things just aren't the same anymore. Yes, it was nice to know they were still there and yes, it was another option on the dial, but what made 89x great in 1998 doesn't exist anymore in 2021.
Yeah, 89x truly died years ago. I graduated High School in 1999 and it's amazing how things have changed, it sounds corny but its true. 89x and the river were honestly "old used to be's " for me. It was kind of like CKLW flipping to adult standards in the early mid 80s, it had lived its useful life.
I know in the past, long before 89x finally ended its run, the station was a shell of its former self. I'm not sure if Dave and Chuck were still on there if they would still be a popular station.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic