Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Toledo Station For Sale

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
JGP1954

Re: Toledo Station For Sale

Post by JGP1954 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:17 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with you guys, as far as value & format choice. I am just curious to what station is being advertised. I think its WPAY on the flip. Or, it could be WJYM, especially with all the tower and transmitter work their doing. Maybe WCWA, or possibly even the fabled WSPD? We all know IHeart is heartless,

JGP1954

Post by JGP1954 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:24 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:13 pm
JGP1954 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:22 pm
Since, many of you say you are more knowledgeable about Toledo radio than me"
Can we be any more condescending?? You sound like you are in one of my people's bars, like Caesar's Showbar or Georgie's. With that said, you can be my shrimper in the restroom stall. Lots of hot times there. Or we can meet at Home Depot on Central... the disabled stall, like we do to date. But let's not call it a date- just a chance encounter.

By the way- They don't support me, I don't support them. Those idiots think my community recruits. So I would never listen to 1520 or 92.1. Besides, when I'm up there, I could never pull in 92.1 clear at all.
Well, it does seem you know Toledo better than me.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:20 pm

JGP1954 wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:24 pm
TeddyBear wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:13 pm
JGP1954 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:22 pm
Since, many of you say you are more knowledgeable about Toledo radio than me"
Can we be any more condescending?? You sound like you are in one of my people's bars, like Caesar's Showbar or Georgie's. With that said, you can be my shrimper in the restroom stall. Lots of hot times there. Or we can meet at Home Depot on Central... the disabled stall, like we do to date. But let's not call it a date- just a chance encounter.

By the way- They don't support me, I don't support them. Those idiots think my community recruits. So I would never listen to 1520 or 92.1. Besides, when I'm up there, I could never pull in 92.1 clear at all.
Well, it does seem you know Toledo better than me.
Damn gay I do! But I could show you the ropes- unless you are one of the ones who made fun of me, thinking I did not hear you. If so, you already know many men's ropes and are in hiding.

JGP1954

Post by JGP1954 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:24 pm

Sorry, cool down, it wasn't me.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:13 pm

JGP1954 wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:24 pm
Sorry, cool down, it wasn't me.
Then pay attention to what's in a post. Your questions were explained within this posting/commenting section. Another similar post also has info.

The offer of my bag of Cheetos still stands.

JGP1954

Post by JGP1954 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:36 pm

Thank You.

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:35 am

Deleted User 15502 wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:49 pm
Delmarva paid just over 100k for 106.5, Cumulus donated a lion share of what the station, basically a tax write off. I knew a religious broadcaster would wind up with 106.5. Back in later 1998, Dudley sold the station for around 2 Mil if I recall to Cumulus. Talk about a good move for him, then 22 years later The Cloud basically gave it away.

Yeah.. more sports? Not gonna happen . 1520 or 730, I would love to see a Spanish Language format on one of those 2. Toledo's growing Hispanic/Latino Population is very underserved in terms of radio. 96.5 is a nice idea but it's got the power of a plug in night light.
WDTW is audible in the Toledo area during the daytime (though it may be affected by post-sunrise and pre-sunset skip, especially in December and January).

I'm guessing they have about 1mV/m in Toledo during the day - not a great signal, but the only station that speaks their language.

At night, any reception in Toledo is blown out of the water by about 12mV/m or more of CCI. Supposedly, WIBA is the highest contributor, though usually the Ottawa station (CIWW) is more likely to take prominence (they are 50kW).

Kennelly Heaviside

Post by Kennelly Heaviside » Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:08 pm

NIF Calculation FROM WDTW TO other stations.

https://licensing.fcc.gov/cdbs/CDBS_Att ... &exhcnum=1

NIF Calculation TO WDTW FROM other stations.

https://licensing.fcc.gov/cdbs/CDBS_Att ... &exhcnum=1

CIWW may have been on Day Pattern.

Kennelly Heaviside. The best Technical Consultant no money can buy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:47 am

I heard CIWW a number of times in Metro Detroit at night prior to the WDTW rebuild.

The folks behind the WDTW rebuild did a nice job.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:13 pm

The station for sale almost has to be WJYM. The property in Lime City, at 8761 Fremont Pike is 24.5 acres.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Kennelly Heaviside

Post by Kennelly Heaviside » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:05 pm

WJYM can't operate the translator without a licensed AM facility. They just ran a Methods of Moments on the DA with the new tower and 6 bay translator antenna for 106.9. Why would they do all that that if they are moving or going off the air? I don't think you could operate 250 omni licensed Day because of WVFN, CHYR and CHYR-7 notwithstanding. They could operate with 250 watts Day, 90 watts Night nondirectional on STA, but without a plan and application for a new site, they could only probably operate for 6 months and another 6 month extension. Not sure if you can continue to operate the translator beyond the one year total unless a TL change is well underway.

So unless they are selling the whole licensed facility, including land, I don't see why or how this can be happening.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:26 pm

106.9 is on the air with a fairly decent signal into Toledo. Instead of investing on their current site, moving the AM to Luna Pier and throwing a signal SW over Toledo may have been a better plan to make the AM viable for the Toledo market, but they've got Wood County pretty well covered. Wonder if they are going to paint the new #1, or 3 others is enough? Assuming the whole package deal would be the AM with it's licensed translator. Hindsight is 20/20 - Dickey's should have made a land swap, putting 1470 in Lime City and 730 on Pickle Road?
Also, saw a recent FCC filing, so WJYM has verified their weird AM pattern after adding the replacement AM tower with the FM antennae on it.
Didn't see any data on the translator though.
Last edited by WOHO on Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:45 am

Kennelly Heaviside wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:05 pm
WJYM can't operate the translator without a licensed AM facility. They just ran a Methods of Moments on the DA with the new tower and 6 bay translator antenna for 106.9. Why would they do all that that if they are moving or going off the air? I don't think you could operate 250 omni licensed Day because of WVFN, CHYR and CHYR-7 notwithstanding. They could operate with 250 watts Day, 90 watts Night nondirectional on STA, but without a plan and application for a new site, they could only probably operate for 6 months and another 6 month extension. Not sure if you can continue to operate the translator beyond the one year total unless a TL change is well underway.

So unless they are selling the whole licensed facility, including land, I don't see why or how this can be happening.
I never implied they were only selling the land.

On my last nighttime trip south on I-75, WJYM was listenable to about mile marker 94, near Sidney. Sure, it's an odd facility, but covers a lot of ground, and doesn't power down to lightbulb power at night.

As to the Toledo proper coverage, these days, I am not sure how critically important it would be to have a solid signal in the blighted areas of north and west "Toiletto" :lol

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Kennelly Heaviside

Post by Kennelly Heaviside » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:48 pm

WFNI 1070 Indianapolis, IN sold their land and took the towers down already, with only a silent STA. Accepted 8-4-21. Not yet granted.

WCCW 1310 Traverse City, MI sold their land, not sure when the towers will be removed, but has the old WCCW tower to use for an STA, which was granted 8-27-21.

The problem with rebuilding WJYM 730 Bowling Green, OH somewhere else is that it would take a lot of land for a low frequency DA, theoretically 4 times the land required for a station on 1460. And it's a parallelogram, which takes more land than an endfire in line.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:10 pm

Which explains why it was fairly easy for WPAY/WVOI/WTTO 1520 to slap 5 new towers in a row when they went from their dual site 1-Michigan/6-Ohio towers to their current setup? Just gotta protect Buffalo while 730 has to protect non-existent Canadian AM stations of yore (CHYR) plus Toronto?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic