Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Is WMNT 48 still on?

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Deleted User 15062

Is WMNT 48 still on?

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:46 am

Been hearing allot from folks telling me that WMNT is no longer receivable. I have not gotten it since a couple of weeks after GetTV appeared, myself. Anyone know anything?

WOHO

Re: Is WMNT 48 still on?

Post by WOHO » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:20 am

Had Get-TV using an antenna last weekend, haven't checked it since.

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:20 am

I'm up in Detroit as I type this.

A few years back, they moved to RF 36, and expanded their signal considerably.

When I get back from work, I'll check for an update.

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:59 pm

Just checked WMNT on Buckeye Broadband and all of their subchannels are still on. It's possible they've gone "cable only" as I haven't been able to get WMNT with an antenna for a while either.

Toledo Eleven

Post by Toledo Eleven » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:08 pm

It comes in fine for me over-the-air with a roof top antenna.

Vintage Toledo & Detroit TV Stations Print Ads at
http://vintagetoledotv.squarespace.com/

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:39 pm

I'm not seeing WMNT-CD right now.

However, I've been having trouble with my antenna. The antenna will be at whatever direction the wind is blowing to.

Right now (7:37 PM EDT) It's aimed West - which revealed a new oddity: Both 40.1 and 40.2 show only "DTV" as their channel name, rather than WLMB-1 and WLMB-2.

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:52 pm

innate-in-you wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:39 pm
I'm not seeing WMNT-CD right now.

However, I've been having trouble with my antenna. The antenna will be at whatever direction the wind is blowing to.

Right now (7:37 PM EDT) It's aimed West - which revealed a new oddity: Both 40.1 and 40.2 show only "DTV" as their channel name, rather than WLMB-1 and WLMB-2.
UPDATE:
They have their act together. All 4 streams have good pix and sound.

48.1 My TV
48.2 AntenTV (short for Antenna TV)
48.3 This
48.4 (display says "COZI", But the bug in lower right shows "getTV").

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:39 pm

Interesting thought just came by...

Is their any mechanism by which a TV station could petition to change their virtual channel?

It would make sense that both cable viewers and OTA viewers could use 58.

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:42 pm

Is their any mechanism by which a TV station could petition to change their virtual channel?

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:32 pm

innate-in-you wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:42 pm

FCC regulations require that they must use either their actual channel or their pre-digital analog channel as their PSIP. And as channel 36 (where WMNT has their digital signal) has already been called for by WUPW (obviously), WMNT must use 48.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:29 pm

The only way they can change the PSIP, is to petition to get another frequency... I think the Community Broadcast guy (Jesse Weatherby) cannot afford it. They (or he) obviously cannot put any money into better equipment and proper closure and titles automation, for Legal IDing. Sad thing... it's so easy to do, even if it's a transparent PNG logo and text. Make logo, COL and calls alpha transparent, add to a simple title creator for size and position, save to whatever the airing drive/server is and command to overlay at :00 closure. WXYZ does this well on Laff.

windsor

Post by windsor » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:11 pm

Was out opening the cottage up yesterday and did an adjustment on my antenna and scanned and boom hit the sweet spot.

Got WMNT across the lake at 50% signal, nice to see them add Get TV even though the banner says Cozi.Will add to my evening viewing when Im out there staying the night.

WLMB came in too, albeit pixelated on low rf5, nothing to see on there though.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:02 am

With all the talk on this board about Toledo radio stations being sold, I'm a little surprised that WLMB-TV 40 hasn't been put up for sale yet. Seems like they're always asking for money, even though they sell and air ads. In addition, their programming is so out of date and out of touch with modern spirituality/Christianity. As Windsor said, nothing to see on there. As for WMNT, glad they have addressed at least some of their technical issues. The audio on all 4 subchannels sounds good and their video quality seems to have improved, too.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:51 am

80sTalkRadioFan wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:02 am
With all the talk on this board about Toledo radio stations being sold, I'm a little surprised that WLMB-TV 40 hasn't been put up for sale yet. Seems like they're always asking for money, even though they sell and air ads. In addition, their programming is so out of date and out of touch with modern spirituality/Christianity. As Windsor said, nothing to see on there. As for WMNT, glad they have addressed at least some of their technical issues. The audio on all 4 subchannels sounds good and their video quality seems to have improved, too.
WLMB is not exactly commercial. Notice how they dont mention prices, call to actions, etc, at least on the local spots. They do very well on a donation basis. That's why they were able to purchase the "Yes FM" entity.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:40 am

For those of us who cut the cord and use a big ole Channel Master antenna, you aim the antenna for the Toledo Five, but WLMB is over -90 degrees different orientation and not going to be received over the air without an larger old school antenna that takes in the Low-VHF band and is pointed (NW) to Michigan instead of (east) to Jerusalem Township

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic