Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Upcoming changes to The Toledo radio dial?

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
CurlyHoward

Re: Upcoming changes to The Toledo radio dial?

Post by CurlyHoward » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:50 pm

No, I speak of the Zone when they were playing "Royals" almost literally every 25 minutes. Zman wasn't on there when it was the Vibe.

There's nothing inherently wrong with that music, just don't call yourself a rock station and play it.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:18 pm

CurlyHoward wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:50 pm
No, I speak of the Zone when they were playing "Royals" almost literally every 25 minutes. Zman wasn't on there when it was the Vibe.

There's nothing inherently wrong with that music, just don't call yourself a rock station and play it.
Well, I can see Douche Mode, as they were alternative dance. There are crossovers. Remember Basia was a smooth Jazz artist, just like Oleta Adams. Yet, they were on other charts like R and B and AC. The more charts you are on, the more spins (ASCAP and BMI) and potential new sales.

Now I did have a problem with Rocketman on "90's to now- 101.5 the IceJam."

And actually, he was on the Vibe. They, Cumulus, changed the station to accommodate him, until they moved him to Star. I was very familiar with this move.

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:15 pm

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2071 ... attanooga/

No idea about the other 2 markets but is WTOD going for a commercial format or are they going to be a fulltime repeater of this: https://www.truthnetwork.com/

Also: 1007theticket.com is registered to cumulus but it boots you to a Nash-fm site.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:36 pm

Heathcliff wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:15 pm

No idea about the other 2 markets but is WTOD going for a commercial format or are they going to be a fulltime repeater of this: https://www.truthnetwork.com/

Also: 1007theticket.com is registered to cumulus but it boots you to a Nash-fm site.
Religion on 106.5 will NOT sell. I would be shocked if those folks go commercial. Would be a stupid move though. They'd get more from donations.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:57 pm

Heathcliff wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:15 pm

I'm thinking the Zone is killed off again, and the Ticket's programming moves to 100.7. Nash-FM is the Country CHR-style format similar to K100, and country will still be on 99.9 for a long time.

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:16 am

It looks like 106.5 " Might" be going with a commercial format. Black gospel. Maybe WWPZ,WPRA,..

The Zone is a goner I think. 98.3 will likely rebrand but the format will be similar.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:03 am

Heathcliff wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:16 am
It looks like 106.5 " Might" be going with a commercial format. Black gospel. Maybe WWPZ,WPRA,..

The Zone is a goner I think. 98.3 will likely rebrand but the format will be similar.
"My Country 98" has a nice ring to it. Too bad it's only 12kt gold.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:03 pm

NEWS UPDATE: Cumulus is playing around, so there will be some movement soon.
WXKR is sporting an HD signal today and the HD-2 is dead air as of Saturday. Losing the HD lock in Sylvania Township, which surprises me on the 2nd strongest signal in town, their HD needs some tweaking or largest gain allotment.
Anyhow, my guess of the day looks like 105.5 HD-2 will keep the 100.7 feed assignment and then Cumuli can move the Ticket to WQQO-HD2/100.7 and with the new WXKR-HD-2 would then be the only outlet for The Zone, unless they can pair it up with another translator in town, but the pilot light is on for one of the Cumulus stations to start on 94.5-HD2 anytime now.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:39 am

WOHO wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:03 pm
NEWS UPDATE: Cumulus is playing around, so there will be some movement soon.
WXKR is sporting an HD signal today and the HD-2 is dead air as of Saturday. Losing the HD lock in Sylvania Township, which surprises me on the 2nd strongest signal in town, their HD needs some tweaking or largest gain allotment.
Anyhow, my guess of the day looks like 105.5 HD-2 will keep the 100.7 feed assignment and then Cumuli can move the Ticket to WQQO-HD2/100.7 and with the new WXKR-HD-2 would then be the only outlet for The Zone, unless they can pair it up with another translator in town, but the pilot light is on for one of the Cumulus stations to start on 94.5-HD2 anytime now.
This sounds like what the election coverage was like a couple of elections ago, dropping the Zone to WXKR-HD2 only, and Supertalk 100.7 began.

To be frank and not betty, 100.7 does not take in much of ratings, no matter the format. And let's face it, the Ticket is not ratings gold either. What color of lipstick looks best on that 100.7 pig? I vote Pacman Pink!

I say scrap 100.7. Besides, HD Radio is dying along with AM. FM is dying at a slower pace. Plus, on streams, anyone can swear... luring in the younger crowd.

AMFMTV

Post by AMFMTV » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:54 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:27 pm
CurlyHoward wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:29 am
Hasn't Z man been on this board from time to time?

Last I heard him on the air was doing mornings when the Zone was unfortunately heavily in its wussy electro-pop phase like 8 years ago
Everywhere else in the world "electro pop" is humungus. Only in North America it is not. Funny how "fag music" and wussy go hand in hand. Guess Channel Q, Pride Radio, C89.5, B1069, Pulse 87 and Vegas Vibe must be wrong, as the popularity seems to be growing. Sounds like Craig Snyder to me. To me guitars and drums are wussy, as nobody learns anything new. I may not be popular about what I'm saying... but eventually, you'll see my point.

And I think you speak of 100.7 The Vibe.
YT vids posted January 2022. Imaging is fantastic. Legit station? I WBZQ-FM Bowling Green wasn't found in a search.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDGDuP ... 412RIIcENg

burytheneedle

Post by burytheneedle » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:43 pm

This is pretty cool but it looks like 106.9 in BG belongs to Sonlife (WJYM).

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:12 pm

Deleted User 15502 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:16 pm
As far as call letters go, it's more of a radio geek/Radio hobbyest(is that even a word?) thing. Honestly, I'd like to see The Zone on 98.3 or 105.5, probably no chance of it but it's the most listenable station in Toledo.
Hobbyest isn't a word, but Hobbyist is.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:07 am

106.9 was installed during the past 12 months as a translator for Jimmy "I Have Sinned" Swigert's 730AM, WJYM (We're JimmY's Ministry). FM signal makes it up to the Maumee River in Toledo pretty well. Better than most actually considering it's isolated off the AM and not on the overloaded tower on Westwood Avenue in T-Town. WJYM dropped the AM's 'Tower One' in Lime City, put up a brand new tower with a 6-bay FM (with ugly strobe) on it, as well as returning as an AM radiator.
Amazing how they got all this done in less than 12 months while only off the air sporatically during a month or three, yet the new owners of 1520 WPAY can't seem to get their sheet together and get their two translators up and running, and aren't even bothering to run the AM at all in the interim.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:46 am

I've heard Swaggert is looking to sell 730am? The stations signal pattern is weird, it seems like it gets a bit choppy at the Toledo-Michigan line. Then starts to fade a bit past Findlay going southward.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic