Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tigers on WMTR

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Radio for the birds

Tigers on WMTR

Post by Radio for the birds » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:54 pm

From their facebook page - "96-1 WMTR is pleased to announce we've agreed to a long term extension with the Detroit Tigers Radio Network. Go Tigers!"

CurlyHoward

Re: Tigers on WMTR

Post by CurlyHoward » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:47 pm

Of course this situation is infamous for blocking the Tigers from airing on FM in Toledo, but it's not really worth bitching about anymore since nobody has made an effort to pick up the Tigers even elsewhere on AM in Toledo since 1470 was shut down.

Since I moved from Oregon to Maumee I've gotten to listen to WMTR more. It plays a very good mix of classic rock/classic hits, a lot of stuff you don't hear on other stations anymore for a long time. I like it a lot better than stale old IOT, XKR or WRQN.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:12 pm

CurlyHoward wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:47 pm
Of course this situation is infamous for blocking the Tigers from airing on FM in Toledo, but it's not really worth bitching about anymore since nobody has made an effort to pick up the Tigers even elsewhere on AM in Toledo since 1470 was shut down.

Since I moved from Oregon to Maumee I've gotten to listen to WMTR more. It plays a very good mix of classic rock/classic hits, a lot of stuff you don't hear on other stations anymore for a long time. I like it a lot better than stale old IOT, XKR or WRQN.
I agree that WMTR has a large library. IOT, XKR and RQN seem to play the same songs everyday. IOT seems to avoid playing post-2009 music. For a station that calls itself "Toledo's Rock", the playlist is very stale and half of the songs are also played on 94.5.

No one cares about the Tigers as they've had losing seasons for the past few years anyway, so It's not like we're missing much even if a station did pick up the rights to games.
Last edited by radioandtventhusiast on Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 15062

Tigers on WMTR

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:32 pm

There is always the option of listening online.

961wmtr.com/listen.htm (copy, since the board does not see this as a link)

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:49 am

They seem to be all-Christmas music currently. Not my cup of tea except on Christmas Eve night and Christmas Day itself, but it might be yours if you want an alternative to the River playing Mariah Carey and Paul McCartney endlessly.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:32 pm

CurlyHoward wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:49 am
They seem to be all-Christmas music currently. Not my cup of tea except on Christmas Eve night and Christmas Day itself, but it might be yours if you want an alternative to the River playing Mariah Carey and Paul McCartney endlessly.
I don't do Christmas. So the music totally misses the mark with me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic