Acceptable registrations in the queue through October 17 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Toledo Riot/Looting

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
User avatar
WOHO
Posts: 398
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:05 am
Location: Cumulus has killed 1470 KHz

Toledo Riot/Looting

Post by WOHO » Sat May 30, 2020 10:32 pm

Apparently, Mayor Wade didn't get the word out about the Toledo curfew- question is: will any of the Toledo news media get any coverage of the Target store looting on Alexis Road? I'm confused. No protests there that I'm aware of. Why Target?



User avatar
Some Guy from Toledo
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:12 pm

Re: Toledo Riot/Looting

Post by Some Guy from Toledo » Sun May 31, 2020 6:19 am

WOHO wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 10:32 pm
Apparently, Mayor Wade didn't get the word out about the Toledo curfew- question is: will any of the Toledo news media get any coverage of the Target store looting on Alexis Road? I'm confused. No protests there that I'm aware of. Why Target?
Probably because that was the store they looted in Minneapolis so others are following suit. Disgusting the level of intelligence involved.



User avatar
rugratsonline
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:20 pm

Re: Toledo Riot/Looting

Post by rugratsonline » Sun May 31, 2020 12:22 pm

Target has temporary closed many stores out of safety, though those marked "until further notice" are probably those that sustained damage. A Flint location is the only Michigan store currently on the list, but none in Ohio:

https://corporate.target.com/press/rele ... ures-due-t



User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: Toledo Riot/Looting

Post by TeddyBear » Sun May 31, 2020 6:56 pm

WOHO wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 10:32 pm
Apparently, Mayor Wade didn't get the word out about the Toledo curfew- question is: will any of the Toledo news media get any coverage of the Target store looting on Alexis Road? I'm confused. No protests there that I'm aware of. Why Target?
Not nationally. The Target and New Star Beauty both got coverage locally. Was on last night's news.

As for the curfew, they don't enforce many laws anymore. 100 foot music law was never enforced, or is currently. Curfew laws probably are only enforced with crimes. Was not aware of any other curfew laws, beyond the kiddies one.

In my opinion, stores should be offered face recognition cameras and software, to catch these fools. They can easily identify anyone just by the eyes color, shape, pupils, and width apart. And you cannot fool a camera and software, as to who you are. Add infrared, all face masks are off, essentially. Any identity can be confirmed with your DNA from your fingerprint, even smudged.

Wonder how many of the looters are paid, to bring attention to the riots, just like they pay rioters? There is a specific psychology to rioting. Media is a major part of the boiling pot, waiting to boil over. The media are fools for reporting this tripe! They are falling into THE trap! Even Buzzboard fell into that trap. With this thread, we are giving rioters and community organizers what they want. Free publicity.


Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

CurlyHoward
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:50 pm

Re: Toledo Riot/Looting

Post by CurlyHoward » Sun May 31, 2020 8:23 pm

If businesses are getting looted, that's news.

Besides, I thought you thought Toledo was full of MAGA thugs who want to kill all LGBTQ+-MCDLTNRBQ people anyway so therefore should go up in flames? I'm confused.



Mike Oxlong
Posts: 682
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:56 am
Location: Nankin Township

Re: Toledo Riot/Looting

Post by Mike Oxlong » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:04 am

rugratsonline wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 12:22 pm
Target has temporary closed many stores out of safety, though those marked "until further notice" are probably those that sustained damage. A Flint location is the only Michigan store currently on the list, but none in Ohio
I'm not sure Target may do the same. But CVS has also closed many stores due to the unrest.
And management at the CVS I frequent is saying the company is pondering permanently shutter the stores that had frequent "rambunctious" customers before this unrest started.



User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: Toledo Riot/Looting

Post by TeddyBear » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:24 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:04 am
rugratsonline wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 12:22 pm
Target has temporary closed many stores out of safety, though those marked "until further notice" are probably those that sustained damage. A Flint location is the only Michigan store currently on the list, but none in Ohio
I'm not sure Target may do the same. But CVS has also closed many stores due to the unrest.
And management at the CVS I frequent is saying the company is pondering permanently shutter the stores that had frequent "rambunctious" customers before this unrest started.
So most of the Toledo ones will close?


Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic