Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Columbus' radio sucks as bad as Toledo's

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Deleted User 15062

Re: Columbus' radio sucks as bad as Toledo's

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:15 am

Toledo Radio Died wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:13 am
For the love of God, Please kill off 107.7 The Wolf some the music is ok but some of there imaging on that station is just horrible and it just seems like they run that station so cheap, much rather listen to K100 or W4. Really would be nice to see a Jack FM/variety hits come to this market. All the other stations in Toledo pretty much ignore the 90’s except for 104.7 and 100.7.
Almost 100% of radio imaging is canned/prefab.

1) Download the mp3 template (MP2 or WAVs are far superior, MP3 should NEVER be used)
2) Simply stick your moniker and slogan in.
3) Give it a rack number
4) Drop it in a folder, put it in an ftp or put it in a drive.
5) Put an aux mark on
6) Do not throw the aux mark back, for tightness, 3/10's of a second.
7) Hope for the best.
8 ) Ask for a raise and hope you do not get fired, since you are the master image maker.... right Craig?

Easy peasy and just like the many hundreds of stations airing that same sweeper.

Heard K100's jingles again. Needs allot of bass added and swing the reverb up at the end. It will blend far better. Maybe we won't notice the bad sing that the TM singers did. I expect that bad jingle package on Eagle 99. Just up their street.

Spoke to a woman that used to live in CMH. She did mention that it was almost like being in the 70's, TV and radio-wise. She asked if that is the reason Dewine's updates only use 1 camera, with no graphics. Considering that WE pay for the broadcasts, I think THE OHIO CHANNEL should do better, in presentation. For they are the station/network who produces those updates for all TV stations in Ohio. Sea sick, with the 1 camera. Got a Dramamine?

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:03 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 6:47 pm
Correct King Kat! The best to hope for is that an LPFM gets started as those. For example, 97.7 that already airs oldies from Holland. 99.1 (Eagle 99) can almost be considered variety hits, as it tends to air more variety than the Iheart AC stations... but sounds like $h1t with imaging. Eagle's imaging compares to the 2 adult stations in my original post. Small towns can sound great and make it. Seems nobody wants to try or is encouraged.
WFRO airs a syndicated (Westwood One) format, I believe.

Deleted User 15299

Post by Deleted User 15299 » Mon May 25, 2020 12:09 am

Yep! Sure do!

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Yes, they do. But, if anyone tries, they can fit DECENT imaging in the "pockets" of the programming, via time pinching. I know it has been done in Toledo, with AFTER MIDNITE on K100, Super Gold on WRQN, Delilah on 105 FM, etc. May not have been the best imaging that the world has to offer, but it worked flawlessly.

Now, to the best of my knowledge, all the BAS Ohio stations are not live, except mornings. So, to all of you out there who think Cumulus can do better with variety, they can and do via WW1. As most of you readers know, WW1 is owned by Cumulus. I know of say stations that aired elements, piece by piece. Jones did that too. Maybe WW1 needs to offer that option to Eagle 99.

Simply upload the wav imaging and spots to the FTP folders, fix the AUX, date, then sit back. No local equipment was ever needed. Easy enough for Russ to do.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic