Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Who was let go?

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
JEDSBALLS

Who was let go?

Post by JEDSBALLS » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:43 pm

radioandtventhusiast

Re: Who was let go?

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:54 pm

No one in Toledo as of yet.

BASProShop

Post by BASProShop » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:06 pm

Of the 8 iHeart Toledo employees that were furloughed in March, one was brought back in early September, one found another job and resigned, and 6 were terminated Tuesday and Wednesday.
One sales
Two sales assistants
Three engineers (one full time, two part time)

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:09 am

Total craziness to dump your engineering staff- good luck with that iHeartLess. Who's gonna babysit your SEVEN Transmitters, your downtown studios and STL's? That is totally insane on management's behalf- it would have been better money spent dumping a live and local morning show than to trash your engineering staff, and their engineering staff was top-notch, unlike their competition, they were light-years ahead of Cumulus.
I hope all of them tell you to go screw yourself the first time there's a thunderstorm and you lose a signal, the server takes a dump, there's a power glitch and your music library disappears and the FCC inspection files the engineers maintained are fKKKed up and you get a $50000 fine.
Equivalent to an Indy car racer that has to jump out of his racecar to change his own car tires- penny wise and pound foolish.
Hope Gary and Denny get hired by Cumulus Detroit for twice as much pay and get to play with the WJR transmitter!

Gary Fullhart

Post by Gary Fullhart » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:31 am

I will not get into a discussion of good idea / bad idea. I'm only replying to clarify details.

1) iHeart Toledo Engineering handles eight transmitters in Toledo (WIOT, WRVF, WVKS, WSPD, WCWA, WCKY, W225AM, W235BH) and one studio location. They also handle one transmitter and one studio in Napoleon (WNDH) and three transmitters and one studio in Defiance (WONW, WDFM, WZOM). And five transmitters and one studio in Lima (WIMA, WIMT, WMLX, WBKS, WZRX). It's a lot more than just seven transmitters (17, for those that are math impaired). Then there are webstreams, RDS systems, etc. that also need attention.

2) Historically, you are correct about Cumulus, but they recently hired Joshua McKinley (with iHeart Toledo until January), so I think they are finally stepping up their game...

I can't speak for Denny, but, while twice the pay would be nice, I don't want to commute to DTW. I already have managerial duties over iHeart Detroit. We have managed to keep our heads above water for the six months of furlough that has now become permanent. If it gets too bad, we can both just retire.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:36 am

Gary Fullhart wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:31 am
I will not get into a discussion of good idea / bad idea. I'm only replying to clarify details.

1) iHeart Toledo Engineering handles eight transmitters in Toledo (WIOT, WRVF, WVKS, WSPD, WCWA, WCKY, W225AM, W235BH) and one studio location. They also handle one transmitter and one studio in Napoleon (WNDH) and three transmitters and one studio in Defiance (WONW, WDFM, WZOM). And five transmitters and one studio in Lima (WIMA, WIMT, WMLX, WBKS, WZRX). It's a lot more than just seven transmitters (17, for those that are math impaired). Then there are webstreams, RDS systems, etc. that also need attention.

2) Historically, you are correct about Cumulus, but they recently hired Joshua McKinley (with iHeart Toledo until January), so I think they are finally stepping up their game...

I can't speak for Denny, but, while twice the pay would be nice, I don't want to commute to DTW. I already have managerial duties over iHeart Detroit. We have managed to keep our heads above water for the six months of furlough that has now become permanent. If it gets too bad, we can both just retire.
Hopefully Joshua fixes the RDS on the stations, like adding song info. 93.5 and 94.5 both either have no song information or no RDS at all. K100's has been stuck on one song for months now.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:49 pm

Thanks for the clarifications Gary; you guys have your hands full!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:36 pm

106.7 Detroit's signal sounds better lately. Indoor signal seems back to normal. I began noticing improvement two or three weeks ago.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

JEDSBALLS

Post by JEDSBALLS » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:15 pm

Let's fire 100's of people then give away $3000 four times a day.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:26 pm

Talked to Joshua today to complement him on adding RDS to 93.5, so finally bringing them up to speed- unfortunately, RDS also sets the clock on the car radio and it's off by 4.5 hours now, so I'll have to tune-in the River to reset the time. Speaking of which, no HD on the River the past few days?

On another almost totally unrelated subject, I didn't realize that Johny D was Cumulus' whore- heard him this afternoon on K-100, then tonight on 93.5 - I suppose they have him do something on Q1055 or 94.5 while they're at it too? Cumulus still unable to dump 106.5 yet too?

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:45 pm

I'm glad they added full RDS to 93.5. Now 94.5 needs full RDS again.

Johny started at K100 when they fired Amy Davis last December. He pretty much started the day they fired her. It looks like he's also permanently the night host on 93.5, replacing Bill Stewart. He used to be on 105.5 until they moved him over to K100 to replace Amy. I've not heard him on 94.5 yet.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:30 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:45 pm
I'm glad they added full RDS to 93.5. Now 94.5 needs full RDS again.

Johny started at K100 when they fired Amy Davis last December. He pretty much started the day they fired her. It looks like he's also permanently the night host on 93.5, replacing Bill Stewart. He used to be on 105.5 until they moved him over to K100 to replace Amy. I've not heard him on 94.5 yet.
Bill Stewart's quirky style was perfect for nights. Johny D is okay, but hearing him on every station in the cluster is ridiculous. It's a shame Bill Stewart didn't have a few loyal sponsors on his VT shift... We had a night jock in Orlando who had quite a few full stop-sets and a lot of live reads unique to his shift. If we sacked him, we knew the bonus nighttime bucks would follow him out the door.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic